Miscellaneous > Forum Games

Cosmic Encounter V SIGNUPS OPEN

(1/29) > >>

Axxle:
This is the signup thread for Cosmic Encounter.  Signups are open for IV which will start when either II or III end (or when both end if it gets too much work for me).

Please don't sign up if you are currently in a cosmic encounter game.

V:
PingPongSam - Yellow
sparky5856 - Orange
Grujah - Black
Voltgloss - Green
jotheonah - Purple
Galzria - Pink

"In Cosmic Encounter, each player is the leader of an alien race. The object of the game is to establish colonies in other players' planetary systems. Players take turns trying to establish colonies. The winner(s) are the first player(s) to have five colonies on any planets outside his or her home system. A player does not need to have colonies in all of the systems, just colonies on five planets outside his or her home system. These colonies may all be in one system or scattered over multiple systems. The players must use force, cunning, and diplomacy to ensure their victory."

Feel free to ask my any rules questions that pop up.  A link to the rules for the base set is located toward the end of this post.

This game will use aliens from all sets, and will use the Rewards deck variant from Cosmic Incursion.  If we have 8 players we will also be including the Large Group Cosmic Cards from Cosmic Alliance in the Cosmic Deck.

You will be given a choice of three aliens.  Please PM me your choice of alien.  Also PM me the flare out of the ones you didn't pick that you'd like to see in the deck.

Please send me Conditional Orders (COs) when you can.  This will speed the game up considerably. eg "If the offense invites me, I will send 3 ships to the offense, unless XYZ alien joins the defense with at least 2 ships" or "If I am Cosmic Zapped I will play my Card Zap to counter it"

CE Ruleset (adjusted mafia ruleset)

Game Rules:

1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
4. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
5. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
6. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:
[*]Rules

[*]Expansion: Cosmic Incursion (For rules about Rewards Deck, Cosmic Quakes, etc)

[*]Cosmodex: AN ENCYCLOPEDIA FOR COSMIC ENCOUNTER (You don't have to read this fully, just use it as a reference for cards/powers you get and cards/powers other players use.)

[*]First Cosmic forum game[/list]

TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT A MODERATOR OF F.DS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.  IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME, I AM MODERATING THAT THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED AND HIDDEN ACTIONS ARE COMPLETED PROPERLY.

Insomniac:
IN

Edit: Green

Ozle:
Not in, would have no clue, just tagging so it appears in 'new replies' list

Galzria:
Axxle is AWESOME!

IN

Yellow please!

Axxle:

--- Quote from: Ozle on August 27, 2012, 04:37:23 pm ---Not in, would have no clue, just tagging so it appears in 'new replies' list

--- End quote ---
I could walk you through it :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version