Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Farmland and Silver  (Read 3918 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
Farmland and Silver
« on: December 15, 2013, 03:43:01 pm »

this may be a bit easy, but let's say I buy a farmland. We started with estates and poor house is not in the kingdom. How do I gain a silver and the farmland and keep all the other cards in my deck?

Edit: Highway and Bridge are also not in the kingdom.

Edit 2: Or black market or quarry.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 04:55:50 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Farmland and Silver
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 03:52:02 pm »
+3

You have bought a Highway or a Bridge from the Black Market deck and then Farmland a Copper into a Silver is the only correct answer for your puzzle with that wording that I can think of, but you can also gain a Silver with Trader, Feodum, Catacombs, Haggler or Border Village as a result of buying a Farmland.

EDIT: Wait, there's another: You have a Quarry in play and Farmland a Steward into a Silver.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:53:42 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 04:01:28 pm »

You have bought a Highway or a Bridge from the Black Market deck and then Farmland a Copper into a Silver is the only correct answer for your puzzle with that wording that I can think of, but you can also gain a Silver with Trader, Feodum, Catacombs, Haggler or Border Village as a result of buying a Farmland.

EDIT: Wait, there's another: You have a Quarry in play and Farmland a Steward into a Silver.
All right except the Quarry and Black Market ones. Added in the second edit.

But there's a specific one that I'm thinking of and it includes one of the cards you listed.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 04:38:19 pm »

But there's a specific one that I'm thinking of and it includes one of the cards you listed.

I assume the one you're thinking of is buy Farmland, trash card X, reveal Trader, gain Silver instead of card X+2, gain Farmland?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 04:55:12 pm »

I assume the one you're thinking of is buy Farmland, trash card X, reveal Trader, gain Silver instead of card X+2, gain Farmland?
Well, that's one way. But the funner way is something like it, but not quite.

OOOOOOOH i had a good idea to make the puzzle harder!

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 05:17:39 pm »

trash fortress, reveal trader

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 05:24:11 pm »

With no cards in hand, buy Farmland, buy Silver :P

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 06:30:22 pm »

Use the Farmland to trash a Feodum?
Well you *do* need a signature...

cluckyb

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 06:56:05 pm »

Use Possession, during other players turn buy Farmland, trash a $3, gain Embassy. You keep all the cards in your deck, and gain a bonus Embassy in addition to the Farmland/Silver  :)

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 07:07:55 pm »

Use Possession, during other players turn buy Farmland, trash a $3, gain Embassy. You keep all the cards in your deck, and gain a bonus Embassy in addition to the Farmland/Silver  :)

Unfortunately you cannot buy a Farmland during someone else's turn.
Well you *do* need a signature...

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 09:20:35 pm »

Since you say you have to keep all other cards in your deck:

Buy Farmland, trash Fortress to gain Border Village, and gain Silver with the Border Village.

Are you not allowed to gain an extra card with the Silver? In that case, ehunt's solution works, where you reveal a Trader to gain silver instead of the $6 you get for remodeling Fortress.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 02:43:22 am »
+1

The simplest answer I can think of is just play Haggler, buy Farmland with no cards in hand, gain Silver

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 12:33:09 pm »

Yep, most of you are right.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.