Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15  All

Author Topic: Resistance III: Revenge of the Isotropic Users  (Read 32144 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Resistance III: Revenge of the Isotropic Users
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 10:05:44 pm »

No Confidence - {1,2,3}
Keeping a Close Eye on You {4,5}
Opinion Maker {6,7}
Overheard conversation {8,9}
Strong Leader {10,11}
Establish Confidence {12}
In the Spotlight {13}
Open Up {14}
Take Responsibility {15}

Random.org got 3,5

Insomniac has drawn No Confidence and Keeping a Close Eye on You

Thread Open

What would the people participating like the deadlines to be?

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/866596/the-resistance?size=large  card images
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 10:08:43 pm by O »

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 10:08:50 pm »

So glad I'm Resistance. It means I get to win.

Do we want to go through the motions of actually playing, or will the Spies agree to surrender?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 10:17:52 pm »

Do we want to go through the motions of actually playing, or will the Spies agree to surrender?

You tell me, do you want to go through the motions?

Look at the flavor in the opening post. You're killing Isotropic. That's the best thing this community has had. We fans do not appreciate your attempts to sabotage our community and our playspace.

So just admit to your misdeeds and we can get this over with. We'll save Iso, and everybody will be happy.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012, 10:19:32 pm »

Look at the flavor in the opening post. You're killing Isotropic. That's the best thing this community has had. We fans do not appreciate your attempts to sabotage our community and our playspace.

So just admit to your misdeeds and we can get this over with. We'll save Iso, and everybody will be happy.

Are No Confidence and KACEOY the good cards? If they are, Insomniac is confirmed Resistance. If they are bad when used on a Spy, whoever he gives them to is confirmed Spy.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 11:45:20 pm »

So let me see if I understand these cards right:

- Whoever gets No Confidence can use it to veto a single mission vote, forcing leadership to pass to the next person.  (Am I right that, if the recipient does NOT use No Confidence during this first set of mission votes, he gets to keep it for voting on separate missions later in the game?)

- Whoever gets KACEOY can use it after succeed/sabotage actions are played by the people actually assigned to a mission, but BEFORE the mission results are revealed, to see one player's action card.  (Does this have to be used for this Mission 1?  Or can it be carried over to subsequent missions?)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 12:02:49 am »

Both can be held over till future missions. Your interpretation of KACEOY is correct.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 12:13:50 am »

Any preference on how I give these out? Random seemed to work pretty well in the last game.

Also I'm still newish to this game so I have no idea what Robz means here.

Are No Confidence and KACEOY the good cards? If they are, Insomniac is confirmed Resistance. If they are bad when used on a Spy, whoever he gives them to is confirmed Spy.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 01:51:03 am »

Robz was making a joke about how Resistance has been getting all the luck in past games. (So, if you drew good cards, you're obviously resistance; if they're bad cards and you give them to someone, the person you give them to is obviously a spy.) Because that's how it worked out the last game.

No Confidence means that realistically, we only have 4 chances to vote for a mission (because if we let it go to a fifth and No Confidence is held by a spy, they'll veto that and resistance loses).

Giving them out randomly works pretty well for the start.

Unless you know something about someone. You might want to give them to your two scumbuddies, for example!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 11:16:17 am »

Rules question:  can the player with No Confidence use it to veto their own mission proposal?  (I think the answer is "yes" but would like to confirm)

ftl, in Resistance II (where you were Resistance and the first leader), didn't you give out one plot card randomly - but the other one not randomly?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 11:49:52 am »

Rules question:  can the player with No Confidence use it to veto their own mission proposal?  (I think the answer is "yes" but would like to confirm)

ftl, in Resistance II (where you were Resistance and the first leader), didn't you give out one plot card randomly - but the other one not randomly?

He have me Opinion Maker (must cast first vote publicly on Mission Proposal until end of game) because I was the last person on the list, so trying to gather information on how I felt about Missions early seemed like a good idea. I'm not sure it would've mattered, because that information is public anyway when the results are posted - but yes, it was distributed non-randomly there.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 12:36:06 pm »

Ok so since I can't keep them I will give them out by the player list using the second (Just the final digit) stamp on this post, since without me there are 6 other people I cannot simply mod 6 as that creates an uneven distribution.

This post gives out KACEOY
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 12:36:24 pm »

And this one gives out no confidence.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2012, 12:37:39 pm »

## I give Keeping A Close Eye on you to Galzria
## I give No Confidence to QVist

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2012, 12:40:54 pm »

Is the first mission just 2 players? I don't see anything on the front page. I assume so because of Resistance 2

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2012, 01:05:49 pm »

Ok so I looked at the rules and since there are 7 of us it is indeed two people so

## Propose Team: Insomniac, FTL

I know I am resistance, and should this mission proposal pass we will learn some information about the next person to propose a team (FTL). This also keeps the players with the cards uninvolved so they can choose to use their cards if they wish.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2012, 01:48:03 pm »

This is where we all (except the people proposed for the missions) say "no, I want to be on the team," and vote down each of the missions proposed by Insom, ftl, and Robz, until finally we have to accept Glooble's proposal because No Confidence is in play, right?

Is Mission 1 voting always this formulaic?  I mean, I think I get the theory behind it - "if he has a choice, a player will only approve a mission he's not on if he's a spy and one of his scumbuddies is on the mission" -  but it just seems like... I dunno.  The inverse of Mafia-style RVS, but just as non-illuminating.

Am I missing some nuance to Mission 1 voting theory?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2012, 01:51:23 pm »

This is where we all (except the people proposed for the missions) say "no, I want to be on the team," and vote down each of the missions proposed by Insom, ftl, and Robz, until finally we have to accept Glooble's proposal because No Confidence is in play, right?

Is Mission 1 voting always this formulaic?  I mean, I think I get the theory behind it - "if he has a choice, a player will only approve a mission he's not on if he's a spy and one of his scumbuddies is on the mission" -  but it just seems like... I dunno.  The inverse of Mafia-style RVS, but just as non-illuminating.

Sometimes you vote yes because you want the next person to be in control of the leader cards, sometimes you vote no because you don't think they can be trusted with the next leader cards.

Also any team that passes gives you information about that team.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2012, 01:52:14 pm »

It's how I see things, but others feel that since the first two people will be random unkowns to begin with, it doesn't matter if we take random unknown set #1 or random set #4. Thus they elect to just get it over with now.

That said, and as noted, I've voted no already since I'm not on the mission.

Mafia Record:

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2012, 01:54:30 pm »

...You have a card which is high incentive to not be on the mission. (You can't use it on any mission your on can you?)
It's how I see things, but others feel that since the first two people will be random unkowns to begin with, it doesn't matter if we take random unknown set #1 or random set #4. Thus they elect to just get it over with now.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 01:54:57 pm »

Damnit, that should have been.

...You have a card which is high incentive to not be on the mission. (You can't use it on any mission your on can you?)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2012, 01:59:57 pm »

Damnit, that should have been.

I believe I could use it on anybody, regardless of my being on the mission. (Anybody on the mission)

Mafia Record:

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2012, 02:36:57 pm »

You can use it on anybody on the mission. But, if it's a 2-player mission, and you're on it, there's no point in using it, since you know what you vote and thus you'll know by process of elimination what the other person voted. And might as well save it for a later mission.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2012, 02:44:47 pm »

You can use it on anybody on the mission. But, if it's a 2-player mission, and you're on it, there's no point in using it, since you know what you vote and thus you'll know by process of elimination what the other person voted. And might as well save it for a later mission.

Yes, but I still believe my being on the mission to be more informative to myself - plus saving it isn't exactly a bad thing, since I've yet to see a Mission 1 failed. Seems like it would be a waste Mission 1 more often than not.

Mafia Record:

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2012, 02:51:06 pm »

yes, I agree with everything you just said

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2012, 03:45:05 pm »

I voted yes for basically that reason. This mission likely won't tell us much either way. With only two players, any spy on the team basically sacrifices himself if he sabotages it. So it seems pretty likely to me he won't, just to build confidence. In that case I learn just as little if I'm on the mission as I do if I'm not.

Or, if I'm on the mission and it fails, then I know the other person on the mission is a spy. But I have no way of convincing you guys of that fact, so a lot of you are going to think I'm the spy. It's good for the resistance, because you know "at least one of these two people is a spy" but it sucks for me, so why would I want to put myself in that position.

Maybe I'm horribly misunderstanding the strategy behind this game, but I'm just as happy to vote for a team that doesn't have me on it.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15  All

Page created in 2.305 seconds with 19 queries.