Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: D-Vault app updated for Dark Ages  (Read 6355 times)

syzygy

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
D-Vault app updated for Dark Ages
« on: August 24, 2012, 04:41:58 pm »
+1

I've become lazily reliant on using a kingdom-selecting app for the iPhone for RL games.  I was so psyched to see that D-vault has updated to include Dark Ages that I told the dev that I'd give a mention here.  It has all cards available for randomization, flags special piles like Spoils, and will roll based on proportion to tell you if you're using Shelters.  I have no idea if it's available for Android.

bozzball

• Bishop
  • Respect: +68
    • View Profile
Re: D-Vault app updated for Dark Ages
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 05:52:55 pm »

Can't find it on the iOs store.

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 05:55:14 pm »
+1

Can't find it on the iOs store.

It is called 'Dominion Vault'

blueblimp

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1559
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 05:56:09 pm »

I literally just used this for an IRL game. It's a fantastic app with one exception: the indication of Colony games is really obscure (the borders change colour). Other than that, well worth the $0.99.

One feature that's really nice is that you can choose to sort in several different ways, so you can choose whichever system you use for storing your cards.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:57:58 pm by blueblimp »

bozzball

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 06:09:28 pm »

I think that if you hit the exclamation mark in a circle in the right hand corner it tells you which extra cards you need. (eg colonies, shelters, black market deck, victory mats, blue dogs, ...)

My criticism is that I have an iPad but no iPhone and it's not a universal app.

pauley_walnuts

• Salvager
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 02:55:26 pm »

The App Store has glowing reviews for Dominion Vault, but is this the only randomizer app that supports Dark Ages?

I've been using Dominion Adept for the longest time, but I don't know when that app will be updated for Dark Ages cards.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 03:00:09 pm »

The App Store has glowing reviews for Dominion Vault, but is this the only randomizer app that supports Dark Ages?

I've been using Dominion Adept for the longest time, but I don't know when that app will be updated for Dark Ages cards.

Currently it is, I have 5 different dominion randomizers and this is the only one I will use. The exclamation point at the bottom right does indeed give you the additional set up info. For platinum colonies it also turns the border silver if your too lazy to click it but you pretty much have to now because of shelters.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 03:02:52 pm »

Currently it is, I have 5 different dominion randomizers and this is the only one I will use. The exclamation point at the bottom right does indeed give you the additional set up info. For platinum colonies it also turns the border silver if your too lazy to click it but you pretty much have to now because of shelters.

I have 3 different (free) randomizer apps for Android with Dark Ages (Doug Z's, Dominion Shuffle, and Dominion Selector).  Very surprised there's no free ios one.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Lashof

• Steward
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 03:05:15 pm »

I have 3 different (free) randomizer apps for Android with Dark Ages (Doug Z's, Dominion Shuffle, and Dominion Selector).  Very surprised there's no free ios one.

Are any of these three updated for Dark Ages yet?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 03:06:12 pm »

There are a bunch of free ones they just aren't updated yet, don't forget apple takes time to approve these things (longer than google, often even a week). And I only care about D-Vault as it is easily worth the 99c.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 03:08:39 pm »

I've become lazily reliant on using a kingdom-selecting app for the iPhone for RL games.  I was so psyched to see that D-vault has updated to include Dark Ages that I told the dev that I'd give a mention here.  It has all cards available for randomization, flags special piles like Spoils, and will roll based on proportion to tell you if you're using Shelters.  I have no idea if it's available for Android.
Rolling for wether you use shelters is not as easy as it sounds, because i'ts dependant on wether you use colony. For example, if you play with 9 DA cards and one Prosperity card and determine wether to use shelters/colony according to the rulebook, if you get colony, you get shelters for sure (if the first card is from prosp, all the others are from DA)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 03:30:28 pm »

Dominion Shuffle is.

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 03:32:47 pm »

Do any of these apps have a veto-mode feature? I love it on Iso and my friends and I usually play it.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 03:36:07 pm »

Do any of these apps have a veto-mode feature? I love it on Iso and my friends and I usually play it.

D-Vault does and you can select between 0-10 extra cards drawn to veto. (ie 10 extra draws 20 cards you have to veto 10 of them)

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 05:07:48 pm »
+2

Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1676
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 06:07:25 pm »

I was happy to pay $0.99 for Dominion Vault.  It's a very nice randomizer and he keeps it updated.  I was using a free one before that was good, but the lack of updates killed it off.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 06:16:06 pm »

I guess it's easier for ios developers to make money off stuff like this?  The free Android apps are all really nice and easy, especially Dominion Shuffle, which I was worried would not update but did. 

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 08:19:05 am »

I have Dominion Shuffle, but I didn't know about the others.

Do the others by any chance produce a black market deck where you can flip cards directly on the phone so that I don't have to dig the randomizers out? That would be a nice feature. Dominion Shuffle doesn't have it, but I'm not too surprised; I suspect there's not a lot of call for a virtual black market deck.
A man has no signature

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 09:12:14 am »

sadly none of them produce a black market deck...  I always use the real randomizer deck for it myself

pauley_walnuts

• Salvager
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 09:34:18 am »

sadly none of them produce a black market deck...  I always use the real randomizer deck for it myself

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, Dominion Vault does produce a Black Market deck at either 15, 30, or all cards. The app I use (Dominion Adept) also produces a 15-card Black Market deck.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 10:36:27 am »

I have Dominion Shuffle, but I didn't know about the others.

Do the others by any chance produce a black market deck where you can flip cards directly on the phone so that I don't have to dig the randomizers out? That would be a nice feature. Dominion Shuffle doesn't have it, but I'm not too surprised; I suspect there's not a lot of call for a virtual black market deck.

D-Vault does but you can ONLY draw from it if you want to actually set it up yoou have to draw all the cards so that you can put them into the deck.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 21 queries.