Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Drawing Cantrip +4 non-action cards in a KC deck  (Read 1134 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Drawing Cantrip +4 non-action cards in a KC deck
« on: August 23, 2012, 08:00:22 pm »

If you draw a cantrip and 4 non action cards in a deck with {1, 2, 3} KC's remaining in the reshuffle, do you play the cantrip?

On the one hand, you can't draw both KC and a good KC target with the cantrip, you might draw KC and separate it from a target you'd draw with it later, or draw the target.

But you also might draw copper, helping you line stuff up later.
"
Discuss?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: Drawing Cantrip +4 non-action cards in a KC deck
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 08:11:00 pm »

I don't think that's enough information.  How much junk is still in your deck?  How many more non-KC actions are in the deck?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 08:14:31 pm »

Can you talk about the parameters those need to be to decide whether to play it?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 09:01:45 pm »

Can you talk about the parameters those need to be to decide whether to play it?

I don't think I'm skilled enough.

If I was able to keep decent track of my deck/discard, then I would have an idea of how many actions there are still to be drawn in my deck, and how much junk remains.  If I think I have a good shot at clearing junk, maybe risk the cantrip.  If I think I have a good shot at pulling up nice non-terminal draw (Stables, Lab?) then play and maybe I can still line up KC-something.  I don't know.

It also depends on what is in my hand.  If I already have enough for a Province, I'd be more inclined to hold back.  But maybe I'm at $7 and my cantrip is a Peddler?  Probably play it in that case.  Or even if I'm at $6, if I expect Peddler to draw at least a Copper to get me to $8.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.