Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Chapel/Stash to the max  (Read 655 times)

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
Chapel/Stash to the max
« on: August 19, 2012, 06:42:23 pm »
+2

Here's a game I played against 57% Fresh today:

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201208/19/game-20120819-131034-857cb664.html

#1 ycz6: 36 points (6 Provinces); 26 turns
      opening: Chapel / Stash
      [11 cards] 4 Stashes, 1 Chapel, 6 Provinces

Fair warning: I don't think this a particularly well-played game by either side, and there probably aren't any big insights to take away. You might find it funny though.

---

Having never actually tried the combo before, as soon as I see the board I want to try it out before Isotropic goes down :( So, despite the presence of Sea Hag, I open Chapel/Stash on 2/5.

I end up picking up Sea Hag on the first shuffle anyway, and my Stash doesn't actually do anything for me for several turns. I also don't get my second Stash until turn 12. Perhaps my opening was questionable. Nevertheless, I somehow split the Curses 5/5.

He gets Trade Route from the Black Market deck and buys an Estate on turn 8. I don't like this move, especially since he could have gotten a Lab (or a Stash!) instead.

I buy a second Chapel on turn 11. I think this was the right move, given the weird tempo of Stash-based economies? Someone else should weigh in here.

I Chapel down and load up on Stashes for a while. I Chapel three Silvers on Turn 18. I believe this was the correct play.

He gets a Pirate Ship, which is a huge mistake, since Stash is pretty much a hard counter, and the trashing helps me quite a bit. Weirdly, though, it becomes a big threat later in the game; on Turn 22, for instance, my draw pile + discard contains only five cards, 4 of which are Stashes. If he'd hit one of my Stashes there, it would've set me back a good two turns. I don't think he noticed, though, and anyway he never drew his Pirate Ship when I was in the danger zone.

Eventually, I end up with an amazingly sharp deck, and a 36-9 victory.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 04:36:01 pm by ycz6 »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.