Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: No free promo cards at GenCon.  (Read 15860 times)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
Re: No free promo cards at GenCon.
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2012, 05:24:33 pm »

Um, am I reading the OP wrong? "No free promo cards at Gencon" and "they cost $5" suggests to me that there's a promo card to be had. Any word on what it is?

$5 for the old promos, I'm guessing. If there were a new promo at GenCon, I think somebody would have mentioned it by now.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2012, 05:24:46 pm »

Um, am I reading the OP wrong? "No free promo cards at Gencon" and "they cost $5" suggests to me that there's a promo card to be had. Any word on what it is?

I think he means they are not giving out the promo cards when you buy the product, think he lists governor as the example
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2012, 05:38:32 pm »

I think he means they are not giving out the promo cards when you buy the product, think he lists governor as the example

That is correct. I'm still lacking two of them. I was planning on getting them both with this purchase. Alas, no.
A man has no signature

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10767
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2012, 05:40:24 pm »

Mystic combos with everything Wishing Well combos with, plus all those others.  And a chain of Mystics draws, at worst, half the number of cards as Mystics, which would seem to make each one individually average out to a $5 effect.  Possibly this is a good strategy in a heavily-trashed deck, unlike with Wishing Well, which -- even if it did combo with itself, which it doesn't -- wouldn't net you any money.

I might be talking myself into thinking it interesting after all.

The very fact that Mystic guesses the top card, while Wishing Well guesses the second-to-top card, makes Mystic a lot easier to guess correctly; or at least greatly increases the number of things that help Mystic guess correctly.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Loschmidt

• Golem
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2012, 06:20:41 pm »

believe it or not I was hoping for mystic, wishing well is that much harder to pull of because you need to know the second card on Thor deck when you play pity. mystic is easier to pull of and has a lot of combos. love it!

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2467
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2012, 06:33:59 pm »

Hey Kuildeous, can you tell us your initial impression of DA after playing with the cards. Which are your favorites? Do some seem weak at first and are more powered after you play them or vice versa? What are your thoughts on DA?

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2012, 01:13:45 am »

I only could play a few games, but an all-DA game is pretty wild. Normal strategies don't quite work. You have to really keep an eye out for tactics. We fell into some traps. I bought Rats in two games, but I saw the corner I was getting into so I didn't play them too much. They basically were dead cards for me. They would go great with Death Cart, though.

Cool expansion. Technically no new rules, but the cards are way different.
A man has no signature
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 22 queries.