Advertisements > Advertisements

new Donald X game - Gauntlet of Fools - on Kickstarter

(1/4) > >>

rrenaud:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/gauntlet-of-fools

The game seems plausibly fun from the intro, but I am pretty skeptical about this part.  What is the chance that a successful entrepreneur can't get access to $15k?

--- Quote ---If you are so excited about this game, why do you need kickstarter funding to get it made?

It is all about what we call cashflow. Making board games is a cash intensive proposition.  The time between when I pay for games (now) and when I get paid for them is upwards of 7 months, and that is in the best of circumstances. That takes a lot of money sitting in inventory, and that isn’t something that we have a lot of right now.
--- End quote ---

DStu:
But why should he care to run after people to get the money? Maybe you get it, but you pay interest, and/or people want to talk you into your product, and there is kickstarter, and he already has $8.000 in one day, and you get some pre-start free links in game related forums, and if nobody likes the idea, you see it before you spend someones else $15.000.

Mecherath:
It seems odd that Steve Jackson needed to use Kickstarter for Ogre too.  A lot of the benefit is to gauge interest and becuase the Kickstarter interface doubles as a pre-order system.

When I first heard about Kickstarter, I assumed it would be to get newbies off the ground into their first project.  But established people use it too.  The people who run the site don't seem to mind.  I'll be making a note myself to make a $28 pledge next month and grab this one.  I like the Everybody Dies idea. :)

Ozle:
Hmm, why does it keep saying everyone will eventually die?
I can't see a mechanic in the rules/descriptions that means they will?

Someone with a good combination of skills/abilities/lucky draws looks like they could go for ever?
Especially as there is healing abilities in the game

pst:

--- Quote from: Ozle on August 15, 2012, 12:15:32 pm ---Someone with a good combination of skills/abilities/lucky draws looks like they could go for ever?
Especially as there is healing abilities in the game

--- End quote ---

The last paragraph under Additional Rules covers that possibility: "If somehow a Hero survives the entire Encounter deck, the game ends; ...".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version