Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38  All

Author Topic: Mafia X - The Death of Donald X. Game Over Town Wins  (Read 103730 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia X - The Death of Donald X. Day 2
« Reply #600 on: September 03, 2012, 03:31:41 pm »

Jorbles, you list Frisk as 2nd most suspicious. I find Geo & Frisk a very unlikely scumpair because Frisk just put Geo at L-1. You seem to agree with me that Voltaire and myself do not form a scum pair with Geo, so.. Geo is your stongest scum read and only possible partner for him in your mind is Cuzz? You don't think this is problematic?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 03, 2012, 04:19:16 pm »

Jorbles, you list Frisk as 2nd most suspicious. I find Geo & Frisk a very unlikely scumpair because Frisk just put Geo at L-1. You seem to agree with me that Voltaire and myself do not form a scum pair with Geo, so.. Geo is your stongest scum read and only possible partner for him in your mind is Cuzz? You don't think this is problematic?

I feel like I keep coming back to this, but Eevee's unavoidably tied to Geo now.  If he flips scum, as some of us feel he will, finding his scum buddy, which is Eevee's greatest worry, won't be as difficult as he keeps making it sound.  If he flips town, Eevee will know where to start looking for scum.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 03, 2012, 05:46:40 pm »

Oh shoot, you're totally right. Sorry I've only got a second, but I'll do more careful reading and check in later today to cast a vote. Unvote.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 03, 2012, 06:08:18 pm »

Oh shoot, you're totally right. Sorry I've only got a second, but I'll do more careful reading and check in later today to cast a vote. Unvote.
That was the pro-town thing to do, thank you.

@ashersky
I don't mean that as "oh woe us how are we going to find his buddy", I mean it as evidence of him being town! Jorbles seems to agree with me and I really really want to FoS Frisk for not seeing it too.

And it's not like GeoLib's supposedly informational flip is any reason to vote for him atm. We need to lynch mafia today or we are in bad bad shape.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 03, 2012, 06:46:43 pm »

@ashersky
We need to lynch mafia today or we are in bad bad shape.

With this I can agree.  We are what, 17 hours from deadline?  We need to agree on mafia soon.

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 03, 2012, 09:39:35 pm »

I think Jorbles's move was pretty pro-town. Similarly I suspect Frisk for not getting Eevee's point, but I'm not sure he makes sense as scum unless ashersky is also scum.

In my mind potential candidates are:

Ashersky
Jorbles
Cuzz
Frisk

Everyone else I would not be willing to lynch today. I buy ashersky as noob town, and I think that might vindicate his behavior. Jorbles most recent move makes him seem less scummy to me. Cuzz could easily be scum: he's been hanging back all game. I already said what I said about Frisk.

Honestly, I really don't have time to read back right now. I would strongly appreciate an analysis from someone else.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 03, 2012, 11:01:21 pm »

its almost crazy how similar my views are with geolob. i too would also be ready to
vote for cuzz, but i still really think frisk is our best shot. it's important to have your vote somewhere, it really is ok to change it if situation calls for that.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 03, 2012, 11:13:53 pm »

Vote Count 2-7

ashersky (1): Geolib
GeoLib (2):  asherkey, Captain_Frisk
Captain_Frisk (2): Cuzz, Eevee

Not voting (2): Voltaire, Jorbles

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Tuesday, September 4, at noon EDT

I have a doc appointment 30 minutes before the deadline, so if it gets to that point if neither Volt or I are around no votes will be acknowledged past noon, but feel free to continue in twilight until one of us locks the thread.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 03, 2012, 11:20:19 pm »

Drunk phone posting.  Did not play any kickball.

Looks like we are moving slowly.  I suppose I could get behind a buzz lynch. Is hammer Asher at deadline just to avoid no lynch. A shot at scum is better than 2 confirmed town kills.

Eevee - what is your read on jorbles. I am null, but can't easily re read on phone.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 03, 2012, 11:20:38 pm »

Have we heard from Voltaire?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 03, 2012, 11:21:41 pm »

We've got half a day until deadline. The wagons on Geolib and ashersky have fizzled. If anyone else wanted to vote for them, they've had plenty of time and haven't done so. Frisk is at L-2, and....

...my strongest scum read is quickly becoming Frisk...

Captain Frisk: His hanging back has been pretty suspicious (kudos to whoever noticed that). I could see him being scum and could lynch him if it's that or no lynch.

...it looks like we do have the votes to lynch him. Obviously I'm not positive he's scum (if I was, I'd be scum), but we need to lynch someone. I haven't seen a great case for anyone else, and until someone presents one, I'm not comfortable voting for anyone else. I'd urge Jorbles and Geolib to go for it.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 03, 2012, 11:22:15 pm »

Have we heard from Voltaire?

No, and I'd really like to soon.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 03, 2012, 11:35:20 pm »

Phoneposting from bed, I'll wake up a bit before deadline.

Frisk, I liked how Jorbles agrees with me a couple posts back (smiley), but other tyan thinking his reads and views seem reasonable to me, not very much of a read from him no. Slight town I guess.

Does anyone else feel like Frisk is dodging the fact he is slowly becoming our #1 scum read? Maybe hoping the issue just goes away if he avoids it long enough? Frisk, if you are town you should put up a better fight! I tend to respond well to kickball-style emotional defenses.

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 04, 2012, 12:38:29 am »

Tipsy posting. Sorry. About to go to bed. May be able to post in the morning, but then I have class until past noon. If I could, I'd give my voting authority to Eevee because he is my strongest town read that is active (volt has been disappointingly silent). With that in mind I vote: Captain_Frisk. I think cuzz encouraging others to move on Frisk could be read as scummy, but not sure. He has no votes on him, so probably not going to help to vote him. I'll try to read in the morning.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 04, 2012, 04:16:33 am »

Phoneposting from bed, I'll wake up a bit before deadline.

Frisk, I liked how Jorbles agrees with me a couple posts back (smiley), but other tyan thinking his reads and views seem reasonable to me, not very much of a read from him no. Slight town I guess.

Does anyone else feel like Frisk is dodging the fact he is slowly becoming our #1 scum read? Maybe hoping the issue just goes away if he avoids it long enough? Frisk, if you are town you should put up a better fight! I tend to respond well to kickball-style emotional defenses.

What do you want me to say?  I see no case - other than that I refused I vote for town noob with you.  Geo suspects be because I suspect him, and Cuzz voted me when I voted him to make him talk.

You know your scum pair analysis?  The one that says geo can't be scum because his only buddy would be Cuzz?  You have town reads on jorbles, volt, yourself, geo. that leaves me, Cuzz, Asher.

I think geo is into something in his last post.

vote: cuzz. I may be throwing it away, but he's totally flying under the radar almost as much as volt- without the benefit of the morgrim defense.   He's still my #2 behind geo, but if you guys lynh me - and then geo dies and is town - then at least we won't leave you with no reads.

Go back and read cuzz's vote for me.  Total omgus.

Also fos babies for waking up in the middle of the night.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: September 04, 2012, 07:20:21 am »

I wholeheartedly agree with your case on cuzz, and think town should really push it especially if you flip town. Also, on an emotional level your defense felt sincere, but you're a sneaky guy and there is no time so I wont unvote. If I die at night, a thing to note: Frisk put Geo at L-1 today, so they likely are not a scumpair.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 04, 2012, 07:57:22 am »

This is the second time you've suggested going after X if Y flips town.   This shows a shockin willingness to lynch town - hedging much? 

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 04, 2012, 08:19:46 am »

Vote: Cuzz.  Deadline approaches and the wagons are breaking up.

I agree that he's been flying under the radar, and posting opportunistically only.  I've been on the record with a town read on Frisk in the past.

Geo is still my #1, with Cuzz and (maybe) Eevee (strong town play from an experienced player could be great mafia play) as other possibilities.  I really think we need to hear from Voltgrim soon, and Jorbles will hopefully be back soon.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 04, 2012, 08:29:58 am »

Vote Count 2-8

Captain_Frisk (3): Cuzz, Eevee, Geolib {L-1}
Cuzz (2): Captain_Frisk, ashersky

Not voting (2): Voltaire, Jorbles

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Tuesday, September 4, at noon EDT  (3.5 hours from now)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:45:05 am by Voltgloss »

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 04, 2012, 08:37:00 am »

vote: cuzz. I may be throwing it away, but he's totally flying under the radar almost as much as volt- without the benefit of the morgrim defense.   He's still my #2 behind geo, but if you guys lynh me - and then geo dies and is town - then at least we won't leave you with no reads.

Go back and read cuzz's vote for me.  Total omgus.

I really don't think it's fair to say I'm lurking as much as Volt. You called me out on being quiet, so I've been trying to be conscious of that and posting more. Volt has hardly said anything substantial since he joined the game (and I'm beginning to fear the obvtown read is a mistake, but that's a dicsussion for another day with a deadline looming). And what is the "Morgrim defense" anyway? That Volt can claim to be emulating Morgrim's style? I certainly don't buy that as any kind of defense.

As I explained, my vote on you was not omgus, just as yours on me now isn't either. I voted for you because I thought you are scum, and you're voting for me either because you are scum, or I'm wrong and you are town and think I'm scum (which would then make us both wrong). Omgus votes don't even make sense at this point in the game. That's something you do as a joke during RVS, not as a serious vote over halfway through D2.

You're making a post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. I certainly voted for you after you first voted for me, but not because of it. My reasons were explained at the time, but were essentially because I thought you had been rather absent during D1 and early on D2, and that your posts until then were harmless fluff designed to make yourself look active and devoid of serious scumhunting. My posting at the time was due to you for the most part (I had been meaning to do a long post anyway, but when you called me out for lurking I decided to bang one out right then), but it's content wasn't. My post just happened to include the list of who I thought was scum, which happened to include you.

I think geo is into something in his last post.

I think so too. Especially the part where he votes for you.

Also fos babies for waking up in the middle of the night.

lol.

This is the second time you've suggested going after X if Y flips town.   This shows a shockin willingness to lynch town - hedging much? 

I don't think that's a fair accusation. There's still a lot of town left, and odds for lynching scum aren't greatly in our favor, though we will be kinda screwed if we don't.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 04, 2012, 08:40:09 am »

I see that's two votes on me now. I've gotta run to class, and won't be able to post again until about an hour before deadline, but I'd appreciate it if no one lynch me until I can get back. I know it's still only L-2, but things often move fast at the deadline. Feel free to hammer Frisk in my absence though :-)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 04, 2012, 09:14:41 am »

@Frisk
Yeah, only scum KNOW what someone is going to flip. Even if  I was 90% sure you are scum (I'm not), it would make sense to prepare for the scenario where you flip town.

Interesting that ashersky rather voted for Cuzz than hammered Frisk. I dont mind the cuzz wagon, even his latest posts look scummy.. I'll be monitoring this thread until the deadline and might move my vote to cuzz still.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 04, 2012, 09:44:13 am »

Crap. Sorry guys. Was at WorldCon all weekend, but thought I would have time to post yesterday. Re-reading right now, should have time for a worthwhile post before the deadline FWIW.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 04, 2012, 09:52:06 am »

Crap. Sorry guys. Was at WorldCon all weekend, but thought I would have time to post yesterday. Re-reading right now, should have time for a worthwhile post before the deadline FWIW.
Good. Even more important than the post would be a worthwhile vote. :)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 04, 2012, 10:18:20 am »

Guys, I'm willing to hammer Frisk. I'm going to finish re-reading the thread. Frisk, are you still dark? If you have a defense/claim, we need it now.*

*I know it's not very town of me over the weekend and with 105 minutes until the deadline but I'm trying to make the best of this. Longer version soon, almost done with thread. Short version: See my earliest post about Frisk, I called him out for flying under-the-radar, that read has increased ever since.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 20 queries.