Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38  All

Author Topic: Mafia X - The Death of Donald X. Game Over Town Wins  (Read 103737 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia X - The Death of Donald X. Day 2
« Reply #575 on: September 03, 2012, 09:07:53 am »

I meant the analysis where I asked about Geo's possible partners! Frisk, if Geo is scum like you seem to think, who is his partner? I came to the conclusion Cuzz is like the only possibility. Do you think Jorbles would bus Geo like that?

Realizing this made me decide I won't vote for Geo today unless he claims mafia. And I would really like to get a lynch through. Prepared to switch to Frisk if that's necessary. Guys who vote for Geo, come on, really think about it! Who can be his partner if he is scum? I think this is pretty darn important!

Problem though! I know I'm not Geo's scum partner. I dont think Jorbles would start a wagon on him if he was his partner, and they are both voting for each other with ashersky so that cant really be a team either. That means that if Geo is indeed scum, the only possible partners for him would be Voltaire (who we have established looks very towny) and Cuzz. Sure, Cuzz could be the partner, but only one likely possibility is.. really bad.

I think this is pretty important and I do not support the GeoLib lynch one bit because of this.
Oh and I cut out the chapter where I mentioned Frisk, but since he put Geo to L-1, I don't see that team either.

So I see two scenarios,

A) Geo is scum with Cuzz and all the townies are gunning for him
B) Geo is town, scum wants him gone and enough of town is wrong about him.

Seriously, how is A more likely than B? Or do you think some super bus is going on? I seriously thinks this many people wanting Geo gone makes him almost obvtown.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 03, 2012, 09:14:11 am »

I still don't understand how mafia VII clears me in this game. Is it just me playing similar than I was there? Because it's not at all confirmed that I'm mistaken in this game! On the contrary, I was one of the few who were right about Robz.. and I really think I'm right about GeoLib too now.

In case I die at night, Frisk is quickly starting to become my strongest scumread. The mafia VII comments might be him wanting to win me to his side so he can feed me a case on a townie tomorrow and see me drive it home because he (correctly) thinks that's what I tend to do. Also putting a GeoLib who I really think is town to L-1 is a scummy act, although he could just disagree with my analysis about him. I wish we had more time!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 03, 2012, 09:16:13 am »

Vote: Captain Frisk actually. I am ready to change my vote back to ashersky, but simply refuse to vote for Geo today. Lets see what happens, I'll try to be on as much as I can.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 03, 2012, 09:17:04 am »

I meant the analysis where I asked about Geo's possible partners! Frisk, if Geo is scum like you seem to think, who is his partner? I came to the conclusion Cuzz is like the only possibility. Do you think Jorbles would bus Geo like that?

Realizing this made me decide I won't vote for Geo today unless he claims mafia. And I would really like to get a lynch through. Prepared to switch to Frisk if that's necessary. Guys who vote for Geo, come on, really think about it! Who can be his partner if he is scum? I think this is pretty darn important!

Problem though! I know I'm not Geo's scum partner. I dont think Jorbles would start a wagon on him if he was his partner, and they are both voting for each other with ashersky so that cant really be a team either. That means that if Geo is indeed scum, the only possible partners for him would be Voltaire (who we have established looks very towny) and Cuzz. Sure, Cuzz could be the partner, but only one likely possibility is.. really bad.

I think this is pretty important and I do not support the GeoLib lynch one bit because of this.
Oh and I cut out the chapter where I mentioned Frisk, but since he put Geo to L-1, I don't see that team either.

So I see two scenarios,

A) Geo is scum with Cuzz and all the townies are gunning for him
B) Geo is town, scum wants him gone and enough of town is wrong about him.

Seriously, how is A more likely than B? Or do you think some super bus is going on? I seriously thinks this many people wanting Geo gone makes him almost obvtown.

ok - I can see that from your perspective as town:

However, from my perspective we can't clear you either as a potential geolib partner - but I agree that a jorbles / geolib pairing is unlikely.

So - lets flip it around and look at Asher as scum.  In theory you and Geo are clear for not being willing to buss.  Morgrim is out - so that leaves:

Me, Jorbles, and Cuzz as potential partners.  If you can clear yourself in your analysis, I can do the same.

So I can see

Jorbles and Cuzz as partners of Asher.
or
You and Cuzz as potential partners of Geolib. 

So - from my perspective they are equivalent from a potential partners perspective - except that I view Geolib as scummier than Asher.

Boy am I going to be mad if Morgim was scum.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 03, 2012, 09:21:01 am »

@eevee - how convinced are you on Asher?  If he is noob town as I fear - who do you suspect?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 03, 2012, 09:24:00 am »

Absolutely anyone but me and Geo can be partners with you though (and those two are my strongest town reads already. Yeah, Geo is stonger than Voltaire.)

So yeah, really happy with my vote on you. Especially so because you seem to forget your supposed "town read" on me when considering possible scum pairs.

@Frisk
Still very suspicious but not convinced by any means. I mean, we should go after mafia play, not scummy play. Which is actually why I changed to you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 03, 2012, 09:30:32 am »

Absolutely anyone but me and Geo can be partners with you though (and those two are my strongest town reads already. Yeah, Geo is stonger than Voltaire.)

So yeah, really happy with my vote on you. Especially so because you seem to forget your supposed "town read" on me when considering possible scum pairs.

@Frisk
Still very suspicious but not convinced by any means. I mean, we should go after mafia play, not scummy play. Which is actually why I changed to you.

I'm not forgetting my "town" read.  i just find you less scummy than the other 3 - but not nearly as close to "obv town" that Voltaire is.

Why do you have such a strong town read on Geo?  You don't see picking on Asher as slightly scummy at all?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 03, 2012, 09:31:13 am »

Where is everyone else?  I'm starting to get a timchen v. Galz vibe here.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 03, 2012, 09:41:52 am »

@Frisk

I'm not forgetting my "town" read.  i just find you less scummy than the other 3 - but not nearly as close to "obv town" that Voltaire is.

Why do you have such a strong town read on Geo?  You don't see picking on Asher as slightly scummy at all?

The case on Geo is just flimsy at best. His post seem very helpful and insightful (yeah I so try to remember my bias) and the biggest thing is the scumpair - analysis. Too many want him dead for him to be scum. Remember I 100% know I'm town.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 03, 2012, 09:44:35 am »

His jumping on ashersky could be scum trying to wagon, or a townie who thought my case on ash was better than his own me. It's not like he has repeatedly done something like that throughout the game, just that one time ans for ok reasons. It certainly got things moving.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 03, 2012, 10:02:26 am »

Too many people?  I see 3 people saying no, and 3 saying yes.  6 would be too many.  5 might be.

The case on everyone is flimsy, because robz and O left us with no reads, morgrim was useless, and cuzz is not active. 

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 03, 2012, 10:09:48 am »

Too many people?  I see 3 people saying no, and 3 saying yes.  6 would be too many.  5 might be.

The case on everyone is flimsy, because robz and O left us with no reads, morgrim was useless, and cuzz is not active.
The guys who dont want him gone are all my town reads (+cuzz) is the thing. Everyone who i view scummy wants Geo gone. Only possible buddy for Geo would be cuzz. So you and ashesrsky and Jorbles (and cuzz) are just more likely to be mafia.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 03, 2012, 10:10:56 am »

So you think both scum are already on the wagon?  That's pretty aggressive.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 03, 2012, 10:16:23 am »

Chiming in here, sorry for not being around as much--weekend plus today is my birthday.

I'll start by saying I'm still not seeing Frisk as anything but town for now.  Cuzz's vote for him (ages ago now, but reaffirmed more recently) seems like the safe play for someone who's been safely distanced from the heavy action against me and Geo, which could be slightly scummy and is definitely smart.  Eevee's switch over to Frisk can read scummy, too, but he does give his reasons for it.

What I've seen over the last page and a half of posts is Eevee vehemently defending Geo, mostly based on the difficulty in finding a partner for him as mafia, and Frisk making some good counter-arguments.  Eevee's arguments are based on him being town and not a possible scum partner for Geo, of course.  I'd guess it's pretty bad mafia play to so publicly defend someone (if he flips scum, that looks terrible for Eevee), so Eevee must be <i>really</i> sure Geo is town.  Here's where WIFOM thinking begins, but...

If Eevee is mafia, he knows Jorbles is town, so if he gets someone else lynched, he looks good for protecting town-Jorbles.  Or...
If Eevee is mafia, he knows Jorbles is mafia, and he needs to protect him, and now more than ever because he's so tied to him.  Or...
Eevee is town and just really sure about Jorbles.  I mean, we have to point out that when Robz got to L-1 on D1, Eevee tried to start a new wagon to save him, and he confirmed town.  Switching to Frisk now is analogous to that, possibly.

So to answer Eevee's questions on possible scum partners for Geo: Eevee or Cuzz.  Volt as the outside possibility.  Agree with Frisk on the annoyance that would be had if Volt is scum and we're just blithely ignoring him.

I'd like to see more from Cuzz, and especially (a vote) from Volt.  That would help determine more things about the quieter ones.  The rest of us seem pretty set.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 03, 2012, 10:16:51 am »

So you think both scum are already on the wagon?  That's pretty aggressive.
Well either that or cuzz is scum, yes. Or I guess Voltgrim too, his inactivity is rapidly making
him less and less obvtown. Remember, a) most likely mafia is newer players and b) scum can afford bold play, if they get town lynched today, they probably have us at lylo tomorrow and will win if a single townie votes for another townie.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 03, 2012, 10:22:11 am »

Good post ashersky, and happy birthday!

You are basically saying you approve of me clearing Geo assuming I'm town? I do understand you can't know I'm town, but if I'm nightkilled you all should definitely remember this.

I didnt quite understand the analysis regarding Jorbles, though?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 03, 2012, 10:24:57 am »

Yeah, where I wrote Jorbles over and over, it should say Geolib.  So, that whole "if Eevee is..." sequence was about you in regards to Geolib.  For some reason, I've confused their names all game.  Six letters, starts with the same sound.  Ah well.  I'd go back and edit, but I don't think you're supposed to in forum games, right?

I actually forgot all about Jorbles in my analysis.  He hasn't been around in awhile either.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 03, 2012, 10:30:20 am »

For clarity's sake, I quoted and edited below.

Chiming in here, sorry for not being around as much--weekend plus today is my birthday.

I'll start by saying I'm still not seeing Frisk as anything but town for now.  Cuzz's vote for him (ages ago now, but reaffirmed more recently) seems like the safe play for someone who's been safely distanced from the heavy action against me and Geo, which could be slightly scummy and is definitely smart.  Eevee's switch over to Frisk can read scummy, too, but he does give his reasons for it.

What I've seen over the last page and a half of posts is Eevee vehemently defending Geo, mostly based on the difficulty in finding a partner for him as mafia, and Frisk making some good counter-arguments.  Eevee's arguments are based on him being town and not a possible scum partner for Geo, of course.  I'd guess it's pretty bad mafia play to so publicly defend someone (if he flips scum, that looks terrible for Eevee), so Eevee must be <i>really</i> sure Geo is town.  Here's where WIFOM thinking begins, but...

If Eevee is mafia, he knows Geo is town, so if he gets someone else lynched, he looks good for protecting town: Geo.  Or...
If Eevee is mafia, he knows Geo is mafia, and he needs to protect him, and now more than ever because he's so tied to him.  Or...
Eevee is town and just really sure about Geo.  I mean, we have to point out that when Robz got to L-1 on D1, Eevee tried to start a new wagon to save him, and he confirmed town.  Switching to Frisk now is analogous to that, possibly.

So to answer Eevee's questions on possible scum partners for Geo: Eevee or Cuzz.  Volt as the outside possibility.  Agree with Frisk on the annoyance that would be had if Volt is scum and we're just blithely ignoring him.

I'd like to see more from Cuzz, and especially (a vote) from Volt.  That would help determine more things about the quieter ones.  The rest of us seem pretty set.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 03, 2012, 10:34:42 am »

All right guys, I'm going dark.  Happy birthday!  I'll get some drunken phone posting from the BBQ in later. 

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 03, 2012, 11:08:13 am »

I think Eevee's scum-partner analysis of me makes sense (and, of course, I know it comes to the correct conclusion). Also, his strong defense of (from my view) confirmed townie at this point makes him almost obvtown to me. I don't think it would make sense for mafia to attempt to derail such a promising townie lynch at this point in the game. I still think it is unlikely for meta reasons that voltgrim is scum, but volt! post more! We need all the help we can get. That leaves four more who could be scum. I can see ashersky as noobish town, and my strongest scum read is quickly becoming Frisk, but I don't feel comfortable lynching someone who just "went dark." Also, if he's scum, why is he defending ashersky unless he is also scum? Like I said with Eevee attempting to stop my lynch, it doesn't seem like good mafia play.

Damnit! I don't know whom we should lynch and we're running up against the deadline here. I think if I had to pick someone, I might just pick Jorbles, partially by POE. I really don't know though, and since there's no wagon on him, starting a new one seems silly. I have to go now, and I won't be able to post until this evening in ~6 hours.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 03, 2012, 11:11:14 am »

Vote Count 2-7

ashersky (1): Geolib
GeoLib (3):  asherkey, Jorbles, Captain_Frisk {L-1}
Captain_Frisk (2): Cuzz, Eevee

Not voting (1): Voltaire

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Tuesday, September 4, at noon EDT
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:45:40 am by Voltgloss »

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 03, 2012, 11:15:09 am »

Wrong volt I think

Backup mod troll

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 03, 2012, 12:37:52 pm »

Does anyone else feel like Frisk didn't really answer my accusations?

I don't have any townread of Jorbles whatsoever and PoE does kind of take us to him, so don't mind Jorbles lynch either if others feel different about Frisk. Same goes for Cuzz. Only takes 2 after Geo and me! Jorbles Cuzz ashersky Volt, thoughts on these alternative lynch targets for today? If I read the clock right, we have 23½ hours left.

GeoLib

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 03, 2012, 02:32:28 pm »

Wrong volt I think

Backup mod troll

Yeah. Sorry voltgloss. I meant voltaire. post more! The vote count is appreciated however.
"All advice is awful"
 —Count Grishnakh

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 03, 2012, 03:20:08 pm »

hey guys, sorry was out most of yesterday and I've just been catching up over breakfast. here's my thoughts and my willingness to lynch at this point.

ashersky: I think his play has just been newbishness. I am not willing to lynch him. On a side note I don't like his possible Geo/Eevee theory as it would mean that both scum were off the wagon on d1, which seems incredibly unlikely.
Geolib: This is still my strongest scum read and I think he's turning it around on us. Obviously my vote indicates I am willing to lynch.
Eevee: PoE (see above) basically clears Eevee in my mind. Would not lynch.
Voltaire: Meta indicates to me that he's pretty town. Would not lynch.
Captain Frisk: His hanging back has been pretty suspicious (kudos to whoever noticed that). I could see him being scum and could lynch him if it's that or no lynch. I still think Geolib is more suspicious though.
Cuzz: Cuzz has been hanging back as much as Frisk and in my mind is just as suspicious.

I am not changing my vote unless it's that or a no lynch, and I'd rather no lynch than lynch ash, Eevee or Voltaire, which I know you may perceive as less than ideal, but if no one agrees with me I guess that's how it is.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 20 queries.