Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The kingdom is your top 10 favorite cards.  (Read 3931 times)

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
The kingdom is your top 10 favorite cards.
« on: August 13, 2012, 01:12:26 am »

What do you run?

For me, the board is Familiar, Golem, Fishing Village, Trader, Mountebank, Tactician, Grand Market, Goons, Hoard, King's Court.

I think Familiar is a trap here, and Golem's not worth it.  I probably open Trader/FV (not like there's tons of choice) and try to get one Mountebank and then one Tactician ASAP.  After that, I will probably go for some crazy combo of all four $6+ cards, making as much as I can of the +Buy and Trading anything crappy.  I might even wind up skipping Platinum and going for Provinces or a three-pile instead of Colonies....but more likely my opponent would outspeed me because I'm having too much fun with my ridiculous but slow engine.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: The kingdom is your top 10 favorite cards.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 01:43:04 am »

In that Kingdom, why don't you mention Goons in your game plan?  FV is fine for actions.  You can also KC-GM.  Gotta go Goons.

I mean, maybe you're worried that Mountebank will junk it up too bad and Tac isn't good enough card draw to pull off a big Goons turn?  But you could just run lots of Golems and two Goons and play a bunch of double Goons turns.  Or get as many Goons as possible and try to pair up KC-Golem...

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 04:37:17 am »

Falls into the "crazy combo of all four 6+" umbrella.  Probably the first one I get, too, unless I can hit GM or KC.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 11:27:20 am »

7x Ambassador 1xVillage 1xWorker's Village and 1x Scrying Pool for the ultimate Ambass war if it were ever possible.

Ambassador, Fortune Teller, Tunnel, Scrying Pool, Thief, Hunting Party, Horn of Plenty, Jester, Tribute, Nobles.

I think you know where I'm going with this :D
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 02:17:50 pm »

Favourite card games get ridiculous. My friends and I used to play a lot where we'd each choose 3 (in 3-player) and then put a 10th card at random. Then we realized that we had far too many $5s.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 05:55:03 pm »

My favorite card Kingdom would look like this: Silk Road, Haggler, Governor, Nobles, Duke, Masquerade, Scrying Pool, Duchess, Ironworks, Gardens

Which ends up pretty obviously being an Ironworks rush for either Gardens or Silk Roads. Probably Silk Roads.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

chwhite

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 06:06:21 pm »

$P Transmute, Vineyard
$2 Hamlet
$2P Scrying Pool
$3 Menagerie
$4 Bishop, Remake
$5 Festival, Bazaar
$8* Peddler

Really, the biggest question here is whether to open Remake or Potion, and get Remake on Turn 3/4.  I do love me some Transmute, but Remake renders it superfluous, sadly.

Watchtower and Goons are probably the next two cards on the outside looking in, both of which would be even more combo-licious.  Other cards that I might consider for my top 10 favorites depending on mood might include Horn of Plenty, Trade Route, Fishing Village, Nobles, and Coppersmith.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:09:32 pm by chwhite »
To discard or not to discard?  That is the question.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 06:08:45 pm »

$P Transmute, Vineyard
$2 Hamlet
$2P Scrying Pool
$3 Menagerie
$4 Bishop, Remake
$5 Festival, Bazaar
$8* Peddler

Really, the biggest question here is whether to open Remake or Potion, and get Remake on Turn 3/4.  I do love me some Transmute, but Remake renders it superfluous, sadly.

Watchtower and Goons are probably the next two cards on the outside looking in, both of which would be even more combo-licious.

That's actually kind of a tough call. I think I would open Remake/Hamlet and get the Potion ASAP? That might be wrong, though.

chwhite

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 06:10:39 pm »

$P Transmute, Vineyard
$2 Hamlet
$2P Scrying Pool
$3 Menagerie
$4 Bishop, Remake
$5 Festival, Bazaar
$8* Peddler

Watchtower and Goons are probably the next two cards on the outside looking in, both of which would be even more combo-licious.

That's actually kind of a tough call. I think I would open Remake/Hamlet and get the Potion ASAP? That might be wrong, though.

Yeah, I don't know the right answer at all.  I think you do definitely want to open Hamlet, though.
To discard or not to discard?  That is the question.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 06:11:28 pm »
+1

My favorite card Kingdom would look like this: Silk Road, Haggler, Governor, Nobles, Duke, Masquerade, Scout, Duchess, Ironworks, Gardens

Which ends up pretty obviously being an Ironworks rush for either Gardens or Silk Roads. Probably Silk Roads.

Fixed that for you
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 07:50:12 pm »

Jester, Monument, Goons, Scrying Pool, Silk Road, Dukes, Hoard, Menagerie, Young Witch (Oasis is one of my favorite banes) and Trader.

I don't know... Probably open young witch, try to grab a hoard or two and rush into silk roads?

yuma

• Minion
  • Respect: +609
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 07:51:16 pm »

My favorite card Kingdom would look like this: Silk Road, Haggler, Governor, Nobles, Duke, Masquerade, Scrying Pool, Duchess, Ironworks, Gardens

wait Duchess?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 10:14:52 pm »

wait Duchess?

Duchess is awesome, man. Hadn't you heard? http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=3564.msg69379#msg69379

Autumn

• Swindler
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 11:05:04 am »

$6P Possession
$5 Apprentice
$5 Governor
$5 Tactician
$4P Golem
$4 Bishop
$4 Bridge
$4 Jack of All Trades
$4 Tournament
$3 Masquerade

With 4/3: Silver/Masquerade (despite the Possession being on the board..it will be easy enough to dispose of the Masquerade later)
With 5/2: Governor/Nothing (attempt to rush for the first Province as fast as possible)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.41 seconds with 20 queries.