Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Dougz - I would like to send you money  (Read 24886 times)

Wingnut

• Golem
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
Re: Dougz - I would like to send you money
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2012, 03:12:21 pm »

Clearly we should bribe DougZ to implement Tanto Cuore instead.

Always kind of wondered how Arclight got away with it... Maybe because the cards are weaker and the game is therefore not quite as fun.

So it should be okay if isotropic is "Dominion, but not as good!"

They got away with it because the game is a really different variant if delved into. Base set Tanto Cuore and base set Dominion are really different game strategically even if some of the card effects are similar and the goal is similar.

minakichan

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2012, 03:32:00 am »

Clearly we should bribe DougZ to implement Tanto Cuore instead.

Always kind of wondered how Arclight got away with it... Maybe because the cards are weaker and the game is therefore not quite as fun.

So it should be okay if isotropic is "Dominion, but not as good!"

They got away with it because the game is a really different variant if delved into. Base set Tanto Cuore and base set Dominion are really different game strategically even if some of the card effects are similar and the goal is similar.

I have Base and Expanding the House for Tanto Cuore, but aside from a little weirdness with private maids, chambering, and buildings, they really just feel like they could be a different expansion of Dominion (but of course, more expensive), certainly nothing as weird as the stuff coming in Dark Ages.

I guess I just feel like I don't have to adjust my thinking much to play Tanto Cuore (although I hear the same cannot be said of moe Nazi girl Dominion Barba Rossa, so I'm looking forward to that!)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2012, 04:51:09 pm »

Also see the thread http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=3232.0, where Donald X comments:
As usual I have zero interest in discussing exactly to what degree you can rip off Dominion and get away with it legally. Let's just pretend here, among friends, that no-one would do such thing, that any Dominion-inspired game anyone here made would be sufficiently different that of course I would wish them well and so much for that.

Indeed. That quote from Donald (and similar things he's said) is the reason that, even though I said in another thread that I'd like a non-public version of Iso just to play with my wife at home, I wouldn't do it, even if I were offered to source code.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Chuckleslovakian

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +52
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2013, 09:48:27 pm »
+1

Ok, ok, I'll be as gracious as I can.  :-)  It's totally not necessary — the site was a labor of love, mostly — but dougz@isotropic.org is indeed my paypal account and I stopped turning down free money years ago.

The Palo Alto address is no longer good; I moved a couple of weeks ago (remember downtime followed by a week of frequent disconnects?).  It should still forward, actually, or you can email me for my address if you prefer avoiding paypal.

Finally decided to send a little money today. Thanks for hosting it for so long.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.