Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 76  All

Author Topic: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 161600 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - Day 2, PM mod for QT
« Reply #950 on: September 02, 2012, 01:06:43 am »

I'm keeping my vote on Ehalycon. After getting caught fishing, he resorted to being a dick, and makes up crap for the roleclaiming meta (hey Ehalycon, have you considered that scum won't just be able to target power roles, but never be caught in a lie and able to navigate around everyone if you fish people out unnecessarily?

Trusting your info over your reads has not turned out well for Ehalycon in the past, and he should remember this pretty well. So he's using a meta he doesn't even agree with to defend his scummy activity.

Would you prefer I or Eevee lead the massclaim Ehalycon, if you had to choose between the two.

What are you referring to that didn't turn out well?

I would prefer neither.  I'd prefer to do it popcorn style, where someone claims and then chooses the next person.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 02, 2012, 01:08:10 am »

pretty sure fishing for the cop is still bad

This is role madness.  Just because you have information doesn't mean you are a cop.

Isn't that the reason that scum rolefishes? To determine whether someone with information is a cop?

And that hasn't been my purpose.  I just want to know if they have any reason to believe Eevee/Galz are not scum beyond reads.  Nothing more than that.  No need for details on how they know or how much they know.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 02, 2012, 01:11:44 am »

I'm keeping my vote on Ehalycon. After getting caught fishing, he resorted to being a dick, and makes up crap for the roleclaiming meta (hey Ehalycon, have you considered that scum won't just be able to target power roles, but never be caught in a lie and able to navigate around everyone if you fish people out unnecessarily?

Trusting your info over your reads has not turned out well for Ehalycon in the past, and he should remember this pretty well. So he's using a meta he doesn't even agree with to defend his scummy activity.

Would you prefer I or Eevee lead the massclaim Ehalycon, if you had to choose between the two.

What are you referring to that didn't turn out well?

I would prefer neither.  I'd prefer to do it popcorn style, where someone claims and then chooses the next person.

BMV, which just ended. And I asked between the two, so thanks for not answering the question.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 02, 2012, 01:12:24 am »

RMM2* which just ended

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 02, 2012, 01:22:04 am »

RMM2* which just ended

Ah.

Well, the information we had was tainted.  Tough luck that cayvie and Galz both lied and pulled it off.  Part of that is probably because they were a scum TEAM called the SERIAL KILLERS.  Like, what?  If they had a regular scum team name, Galz could have been caught out by cayvie's flip.

Anyway,  I think that's an exceptional case.  Are you suggesting that it's pointless for you to confirm or deny having info on Eevee, because you both could be lying scum?  Do you just not want to tie yourself to Eevee in case one of you flips scum?  You want to be able to write it off as "just a bad read" by being vague?

I don't know what meta you were referring to that apparently I don't agree with.  I think having info is best for us.

Oh, and I don't think it's dickish at all of me to say you have a bad read on me right now.

I have no good reason to prefer you over Eevee or vice versa.  I suppose Eevee is better than you at this point because you're being ridiculously hasty.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 02, 2012, 01:25:24 am »

That wasn't the dickish part. "Do you even know why we don't rolefish?" was dickish.

I guess I can say that I have no direct information confirming Eevee is town. Eevee has pretty damn good evidence that I'm town though, so if you want to have a most-confirmed person lead the massclaim I'd be a decent option.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 02, 2012, 01:28:50 am »

That wasn't the dickish part. "Do you even know why we don't rolefish?" was dickish.

I guess I can say that I have no direct information confirming Eevee is town. Eevee has pretty damn good evidence that I'm town though, so if you want to have a most-confirmed person lead the massclaim I'd be a decent option.

On the first part, I'm just frustrated with these bad arguments you guys are throwing out.  I don't think I've been rolefishing, but even if I have been I don't actually think it's that scummy.  Apologies if it was offensive, it wasn't meant to be.

What evidence did Eevee present?  I must have missed that.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 02, 2012, 01:29:21 am »

On a different note FoS: Robz for having not said a word since day 2 began.  Is he V/LA?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 02, 2012, 01:29:51 am »

Eevee has evidence. Eevee has not presented evidence.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 02, 2012, 01:32:19 am »

Eevee has evidence. Eevee has not presented evidence.

Did Eevee even express any confidence in you today?  From what I've read it simply looked like he was favouring you because you said something positive about him.

Fine.  If Eevee says he has evidence (no need to say what evidence) then I would be fine with you leading.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: September 02, 2012, 02:04:02 am »

After reading the stuff over in BMV I have even less faith in Galzria's veritaserum claim.

Galzria, what happens if you create a paradox?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 02, 2012, 02:04:35 am »

After reading the stuff over in BMV I have even less faith in Galzria's veritaserum claim.

RMM2*

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 02, 2012, 02:19:45 am »

You should really not cross games.

Anyway, I'm not sure how to answer you. I can't lie - as in I cannot say something that is untrue.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 02, 2012, 03:55:36 am »

So you come to a game of mafia. There are two players standing in front; one always tells the truth and the other always lies...

18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 02, 2012, 03:56:47 am »

You should really not cross games.

Anyway, I'm not sure how to answer you. I can't lie - as in I cannot say something that is untrue.

Fair enough.  I only started looking at that game because O brought it up as an example (though I still don't know his point there).  But your claim isn't verifiable from my perspective so I will not assume you are telling the truth.  I actually can't think of a way anyone could verify other than an ability that lets them talk to the dead.  Even if a tracker or watcher saw Axxle target you, it doesn't mean he gave you veritaserum.  I hope you can see my reasoning.

And you know what I'm asking, yes?  If you say, "This statement is a lie", you are neither lying nor telling the truth.  Or maybe you're doing both.  In RMMI, Possession let the player create post restrictions for others.  Someone did ask if they could force someone to tell the truth.  I decided it was unreasonable for a variety of reasons.  If you are truly under a truth-telling restriction, I wonder how jo would handle a paradox.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 02, 2012, 04:01:32 am »

For what it's worth, I believe Galz.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 02, 2012, 04:08:18 am »

Even though you Trasnmuted him for being the best liar?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 02, 2012, 04:23:59 am »

Yes, I have the evidence. It's not 100%, but pretty damn close. I thought O wanted to keep it a secret, so I didnt say anything, that's why our exchange a couple pages back looked weird. I think O should lead the claim.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 02, 2012, 04:48:02 am »

Even though you Trasnmuted him for being the best liar?

I know, right?

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 02, 2012, 09:08:38 am »

Okay where is everyone? Anyone opposed to O leading a mass claim? Myself I do not know whether massclaiming would be beneficial or not, but if we decide to go for it O is the guy to lead it for sure.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 02, 2012, 01:00:40 pm »

Yeah, let's get this massclaim out of the way or whatever. I don't know who should lead it. Why don't we order Galzria to say, "I am town-aligned" and lynch him if he doesn't?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 02, 2012, 01:17:34 pm »

Yeah, let's get this massclaim out of the way or whatever. I don't know who should lead it. Why don't we order Galzria to say, "I am town-aligned" and lynch him if he doesn't?

That already happened it was what I thought of when Galz said that, I asked him twice.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 02, 2012, 01:20:18 pm »

But he never actually answered, as far as I can tell.

Severus gave me Veritaserum last night. I cannot lie today (or until the potion wears off), or I'm modkilled.

Since Severus is dead, there's pretty much no reason to believe you.  Just saying.

That's your problem, not mine.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 02, 2012, 01:48:51 pm »

eHal, I'm pretty sure Galz is Pinky Pie; hence the post entirely in pink day 1.

Wasn't his avatar Fluttershy though?

You could ask me. I can't lie. But yes, I'm Fluttershy

ARE YOU TOWN ALIGNED

No need for Caps. Yes, I am.

FoS RobZ for not reading?  (I actually had the same thought this morning and had to go back and search for it earlier)
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 02, 2012, 01:56:55 pm »

I have evidence that strongly suggests that O is town, I think he should lead it.

Or Dsell, if he first says "I'm scum", that'd be fine too. I think Dsell's restriction is even more likely to be real than Galzria's. I wonder if they have a clause where they have this one thing they can lie/be truthful about though. Wouldn't 100% clear either even if they survive this test.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 20 queries.