Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Question (Suggestion?) on Official Version  (Read 2296 times)

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
Question (Suggestion?) on Official Version
« on: August 12, 2012, 01:50:08 pm »

I don't know if this question has been asked / answered before, but I could not find it.  I understand that in the new "Base Cards Set" that there is some form of a card that is redeemable for the online version.  My question: is there any form of... bonus... for those of us who have already bought many of the expansions IRL?

From a business standpoint, I do understand that simply giving the online cards to everyone who has the expansion doesn't make more money, but I feel like there has to be some form of a happy medium.  Maybe if you enter a valid serial number of Prosperity, you unlock 5 random prosperity cards or something.

This is especially important with Dark Ages to me, as I am trying to figure out whether to buy that or the online cards.  Thanks for any answers!
A man on a mission.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
Re: Question (Suggestion?) on Official Version
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 02:19:05 pm »
+1

Maybe if you enter a valid serial number of Prosperity, you unlock 5 random prosperity cards or something.
The thing that comes with Base Cards is something just like that, but there will never be anything for serial numbers on boxes of Prosperity.

You will know the whole story soon enough, you could just wait and see what the deal is, what the online stuff costs and so on.

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 07:24:37 pm »

By the way, How will this be kept maintained? In some 12 years from now will the servers still be the same as after 1 year from the release, barely getting any upgrades, sort of like Star Craft's Servers? (They just got upgrades in technology this past year, but thats a lot of time between now and 1996 o.O) Heck, will these still be kept running in 12 years? Is there a good chance that if you stop getting a good income from this after 3-4 years that you'll just drop it?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 07:26:02 pm by ^_^_^_^ »
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 07:36:54 pm »
+1

I doubt they've planned that far into the future - no tech company can really know what they'll be doing in 10-12 years, unless they're already huge. Microsoft and Apple have 10-year plans, but I really doubt a startup like Funsockets/Goko has them.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 07:57:51 pm »

By the way, How will this be kept maintained? In some 12 years from now will the servers still be the same as after 1 year from the release, barely getting any upgrades, sort of like Star Craft's Servers? (They just got upgrades in technology this past year, but thats a lot of time between now and 1996 o.O) Heck, will these still be kept running in 12 years? Is there a good chance that if you stop getting a good income from this after 3-4 years that you'll just drop it?
Feel free to go over to the funsockets site and ask them, but I don't think they post here.

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 09:24:33 pm »

Ok, I haven't gotten into the beta so... *starts googling*

edit: Fails.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:27:28 pm by ^_^_^_^ »
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.465 seconds with 21 queries.