Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 166064 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Discussed it eariler, what yuma said and what I said on this page.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Yuma said few pages back.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Though yuma could just be covering for his buddy. Dunno.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

Sorry guys, I didn't have time to get on yesterday. Except to quickpost something.
@Frisk: Well, we don't really have much of a target for lynch, and that is not all that good, correct? We have to lynch someone, correct? And somebody who makes a scumslip, lurks, and is snarky to Eevee, well, yeah.
why don't you claim? Please answer these questions everybody:
1. Would you support a Captain_Frisk lynch?
2. If Captain_Frisk somehow convinced us that he wasn't scum, who would be your next target?
3. What are your thoughts on Robz?
4. What are your thoughts on me?

And a special one for C_F:
1. What is your role? (I think you should roleclaim)

1. Yes
2. Ftl
3. Lurker Scum
4. Considerably different from previous games.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

3. Lurker Scum
Wat.

I'm trying to establish my new meta "Class Clown Robz." How'm I doing?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

morgrim, i'll get to your questions later you little punk

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Ok - the case against RobZ:

He's been away for the last 2 full days (prior post #1099 - 8/27 @ 4pm) .  He popped in to say nothing (#1216 - 8/29 @ 7:14).  Any accusation of my missing 24 hours in this game has been trumped.  He has no meaningful contributions today - he avoided the grujah survey - but he's been watching closely enough to bust me on my eevee mistake.

He even admits that lurking is anti-town in this very game:

If he fiasco of mafia VII taught me something, it is that lurkers are like really bad for town. Screw lynch all liars, lynch all lurkers imo.

Yes. Lurkers are anti-town, and sometimes turn out to be mafia, and we don't kill them enough.

So far - he's voted for angry birds (very early to draw out a (poor) response, Axxle (confirmed town), eHunt (confirmed town)  He's barely even mentioned any other players.

There's nothing else to build a case on because he's not even in the game.  At least when I leave the game alone for a while - I try to bring back something after I catch up.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Ok - the case against RobZ:

He's been away for the last 2 full days (prior post #1099 - 8/27 @ 4pm) .  He popped in to say nothing (#1216 - 8/29 @ 7:14).  Any accusation of my missing 24 hours in this game has been trumped.  He has no meaningful contributions today - he avoided the grujah survey - but he's been watching closely enough to bust me on my eevee mistake.

He even admits that lurking is anti-town in this very game:

If he fiasco of mafia VII taught me something, it is that lurkers are like really bad for town. Screw lynch all liars, lynch all lurkers imo.

Yes. Lurkers are anti-town, and sometimes turn out to be mafia, and we don't kill them enough.

So far - he's voted for angry birds (very early to draw out a (poor) response, Axxle (confirmed town), eHunt (confirmed town)  He's barely even mentioned any other players.

There's nothing else to build a case on because he's not even in the game.  At least when I leave the game alone for a while - I try to bring back something after I catch up.

The Grujah survey was requested so that he could figure out who to do his investigation of. By the time I saw it, he had already decided it should be Eevee/Axxle. I highly agreed that this was the right call, and said so.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Well, the people I suspect keep coming up town. You should be thanking me that I'm not offering reads.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Sorry guys, I didn't have time to get on yesterday. Except to quickpost something.
@Frisk: Well, we don't really have much of a target for lynch, and that is not all that good, correct? We have to lynch someone, correct? And somebody who makes a scumslip, lurks, and is snarky to Eevee, well, yeah.
why don't you claim? Please answer these questions everybody:
1. Would you support a Captain_Frisk lynch?
2. If Captain_Frisk somehow convinced us that he wasn't scum, who would be your next target?
4. What are your thoughts on me?

And a special one for C_F:
1. What is your role? (I think you should roleclaim)

two more:
5. Why does everyone suspect me for playing normal?
6. If you don't like it, would you rather me go back to being crazy?

I'll start with #1-frisk:
Rolefishing is bad-mmmmkay? 

Now the questions for everyone
#1 - of course not.  Only a complete anti town player would support his own lynch.  I can't believe I'm even writing this with a straight face.
#2 - I am not scum.  RobZ is #2 - and frankly - given that we can afford it after the double scum death, you might be third.  Ftl is a close 4th - but I havne't reviewed him closely.
#3 - I think he's a tasty lynch - see my previous post.
#4 - I think you're a decent backup.  I hate to lynch you for playing differently than you have in every other game - but I have enough meta to support that this game is out of alignment with your other games - and there has to be a reason.
#5 - I think others have answered this.  If you start playing like this in any other game - or are confirmed town in this game - I will never bother you again in any future game.
#6 - Of course not - I like this morgrim - but I'd also like to win.  I wish that Grujah had used his super power on you so that we wouldn't have to have this conversation.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

The biggest thing I have to analyze is something that happened to ME--that brief wagon against me that included Axxle, Frisk, Ftl, and Morgrim. I know I'm town, so I find all these people suspicious, and I think their arguments were table. But that's pretty unsatisfying, probably for these people and anyone I would need to convince (and hey, Axxle is confirmed town). So I'm interested in voting for Frisk and Ftl, who I think got on my wagon with a bad case and it's a wagon on town (from my perspective). Oh, and I'm ignoring Morgrim right now, because that's where I am in life. But anyway, I understand if this isn't very persuasive tot he powers that be (Grujah), and certainly it's not persuasive to you, Frisk.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

*Their arguments were terrible, not table. Table arguments are pretty good, except we screwed up MIV together.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile

By the way, to people saying that we can afford to mislynch, it might be true but we shouldn't get too cocky. Like, there could be 3 nightkills going around, and if all 3 hit town we'll be back to being far behind, and every lynch counts. We did well with 2 nightkilled scum and 2 town deaths so far, but this game can swing fast.

Robz - that sounds suspiciously like OMGUS. There's been a lot going on - d1 wagons on ehunt, insom, o, talk about those wagons, axxle and eevee and grujah being cleared... and the "biggest thing to analyze" is an early wagon on you?

Yeah, I'm definitely okay with a Robz lynch. Vote: Robz though I'd be ok with a frisk lynch too.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

Well, I would be very very surprised if there wasn't scum between CF, FTL and Robz.  The question is who to get first and when to stop.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Well, I would be very very surprised if there wasn't scum between CF, FTL and Robz.  The question is who to get first and when to stop.

In the order you listed, and stop after Ftl.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

I just read Morgrim's survey request in #1200 and am posting my answers without having read beyond that.

1.  Only after I finish my Day 1 rereads, and then only if he stands out as scummiest (or there is no hope of a wagon on whoever is scummiest).  That said, at present (without my having completed Day 1 rereads yet) CF is indeed looking scummiest to me.

2.  At present, yuma, but again this may change after I finish my Day 1 rereads.  In particular, I have zero read on ftl at present, and I need to change that (for better or for worse).

3.  I gave my thoughts on Robz in my Day 1 reread post re: him and CF. 

4.  I wish you played the way you're playing now in all of your Mafia games.

PPE:  I see supplemental questions at #1202:

5.  Because it's different from how you behaved in every other game so far, and in all of those games that went to completion, you were town (except BM-IV which doesn't really count in my book).  A new style of playing automatically gets read as "he must have a different alignment."

6.  No, I much prefer you playing this way.

And now I will read the rest of what has gone on this evening.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

Yeah, I still have a major headache IRL, sorry for not participating that much. But I'll try to do what I can here. And yes I realize that that does not excuse me from being suspected, puts me in a position I'm not used to yet, but I'll try to help out all the same.

I suppose the first obvious thing I should do is respond to Morgrim's survey. Maybe he has some master plan like Grujah lol

1. Would you support a Captain_Frisk lynch? At this point idunno. There's evidence against him but now he's playing to help out. I also do not like that if we lynch him it'll be a mistake as C_F calls it.
2. If Captain_Frisk somehow convinced us that he wasn't scum, who would be your next target? Well too bad Eevee is confirmed-town now. Darn you Grujah >_< It's intriguing that everyone is looking into ftl now, I'll have to read the case on him. What about Robz? I feel uneasy about:

Well, the people I suspect keep coming up town. You should be thanking me that I'm not offering reads.

Well isn't offering reads the point of the game? seems like a table argument (btw that was intentional). But I still have to reanalyze everyone to get a final opinion.

3. What are your thoughts on Robz? Not a big help to the scumhunting. Lurkerish activities + quote above. Fixated on the Day 1 wagon? If C_F is not scum, it's most likely Robz.
4. What are your thoughts on me? I would have to reread the previous games to see how the Morgrim-like Morgrim plays. Pretty evident you're playing differently this game by what people are saying. Overall I've been getting a neutral-townish read from this behavior.
5. Why does everyone suspect me for playing normal? Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
6. If you don't like it, would you rather me go back to being crazy? If you did, Day 2 would be over by now >___<

In responce to yuma's post #1173:

In summary, sparky has long posts about everyone and everything... sure he doesn't post often, but when he does they are huge. But they are devoid of anything really about O. They don't analyze him. They don't question him. They briefly glaze over or completely ignore him.

And then after he is dead, sparky announces he is suspicious of him and would have killed him.

I do have long posts about, well, mostly everyone and everything I'll call it. I've focused a lot more on certain others during Day 1. I completely ignored eHunt until my final giant post of Day 1. And after that, I felt like I had already gotten out my thoughts (main one being Insomniac was scum) so I didn't add more. O was one of the people I didn't acknowledge much on Day 1. Over Night 1 I thought, "well, eHunt flipped Doctor, and O seemed so sure that he was scum, why was he so confident?" I WOULD have addressed this concern in Day 2 (along with many others I'm sure).

But then he is killed. So now, I don't have to. I did state that I was going to, but it would have been useless. If he had survived, I WOULD have declared him an easy candidate for lynching. But that's not how it turned out.

With my long posts I try to analyze as much as I can but unfortunately I don't get to everyone. It's good that people are asking for everyone's opinions on a specific person, so that I know who to focus on. Btw Grujah, thank you for the help on the quoting, sorry that I snapped earlier.

That's all the time I have for now.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

1. I don't think C-Frisk is the best direction for us to go atm. His case seems baseless.
2. I am voting for sparky, his response didn't move me any way or the other. Grujah and Eevee--again, two confirmed townies were quick to jump on. What do others think?
3. Robz? Honestly it seems like Robz might have too much going on in all mafia games and rl. He is present but not nearly the old robz that I remember
4. I am mad at you. but trying to not let it affect my game play.

5. Look, here is the thing. I want you to play as you. I want you to stop trying to play crazy, or play normal. Just play as you are. Honestly I think this might be a good discussion for after the game is over, because I am a bit frustrated with you.
6. see above

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

3. Robz? Honestly it seems like Robz might have too much going on in all mafia games and rl. He is present but not nearly the old robz that I remember

Look, when I agree to play a game, I am not implicitly promising that I will post X number of times. Actually, there's a game you played with me, MV, where I didn't do much after the beginning. That's because I had little in the way of insights. I fought my own death (as I did here), since I knew my death was bad for the town. Knowing nothing else, I didn't say much about anything else. That's how I play.

In MIV I had a big handle on what was going on, so I was hyperactive. In MVII, I didn't have much original to offer, and I didn't want to make myself a target because I had an obligation as the Jailkeeper, so again I was super quiet on Day 1, and then dead unfortunately.

I'm staying up to date on the thread. If I saw a post I loved or hated, I'll comment on it. For now it's "meh, kill Frisk or Ftl."

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

Look, when I agree to play a game, I am not implicitly promising that I will post X number of times. Actually, there's a game you played with me, MV, where I didn't do much after the beginning. That's because I had little in the way of insights. I fought my own death (as I did here), since I knew my death was bad for the town. Knowing nothing else, I didn't say much about anything else. That's how I play.

In MIV I had a big handle on what was going on, so I was hyperactive. In MVII, I didn't have much original to offer, and I didn't want to make myself a target because I had an obligation as the Jailkeeper, so again I was super quiet on Day 1, and then dead unfortunately.

I'm staying up to date on the thread. If I saw a post I loved or hated, I'll comment on it. For now it's "meh, kill Frisk or Ftl."

I am sorry if my post was offensive or caused you to feel defensive. What I mostly meant to say here was that I am having a hard time getting a feel off you. I have no cause to complain about you not posting, because you always post more than me. I am simply saying that you aren't posting as much as I was used to in this game. If Morgrim hadn't specifically asked about you, I wouldn't have said anything at all.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

I am sorry if my post was offensive or caused you to feel defensive. What I mostly meant to say here was that I am having a hard time getting a feel off you. I have no cause to complain about you not posting, because you always post more than me. I am simply saying that you aren't posting as much as I was used to in this game. If Morgrim hadn't specifically asked about you, I wouldn't have said anything at all.

I wasn't offended, sorry if that's what my tone conveyed! Really, I don't think it's pro-town to do posts if I don't have much to say, especially in a town as big as this one.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Why did Frisk wagon die?

Cuz case is weak or cuz he is scum?

Case was iffy, but still..

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Why did Frisk wagon die?

Cuz case is weak or cuz he is scum?

Case was iffy, but still..

Because you left me here all aloooone!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

You are Void.

Get used to being alone.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 64  All

Page created in 1.804 seconds with 20 queries.