Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 166082 times)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile

Sorry guys, I didn't have time to get on yesterday. Except to quickpost something.
@Frisk: Well, we don't really have much of a target for lynch, and that is not all that good, correct? We have to lynch someone, correct? And somebody who makes a scumslip, lurks, and is snarky to Eevee, well, yeah.
why don't you claim? Please answer these questions everybody:
1. Would you support a Captain_Frisk lynch?
2. If Captain_Frisk somehow convinced us that he wasn't scum, who would be your next target?
3. What are your thoughts on Robz?
4. What are your thoughts on me?

And a special one for C_F:
1. What is your role? (I think you should roleclaim)
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Sorry guys, I didn't have time to get on yesterday. Except to quickpost something.
@Frisk: Well, we don't really have much of a target for lynch, and that is not all that good, correct? We have to lynch someone, correct? And somebody who makes a scumslip, lurks, and is snarky to Eevee, well, yeah.
2. If Captain_Frisk somehow convinced us that he wasn't scum, who would be your next target?

1. Yes, I'm voting for him. ;D
2. Follow the confirmed town? I don't know. I would consider the case on ftl more closely, but I don't have a strong second. Maybe Morgrim.
3. Robz hasn't stood out to me, but then, he's one of the "lurkers" who don't usually lurk through games. So it's hard to me to pin him. Is he doing it for scummy reasons? Or PR reasons? Or just because he's busy? I don't know. This is our second dual-scum game, and some of these people were scum that blasted each other in the first go. So maybe they're trying to change things up and not shoot themselves in the foot? Anyway, distracted. No strong read here.
4. He's... different. And I wouldn't mind seeing him killed at night. I don't know if I could really get behind a lynch here because he APPEARS to be wanting to help town. But I've never seen a scum Morgrim play, so he's dangerous when unquantified.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile

two more:
5. Why does everyone suspect me for playing normal?
6. If you don't like it, would you rather me go back to being crazy?

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

two more:

5. I suspect anything that isn't meta.
6. No, I would love for this to be a new meta town Morgrim. It's just the first time seeing it, so by default I HAVE to suspect it.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile

two more:

5. I suspect anything that isn't meta.
6. No, I would love for this to be a new meta town Morgrim. It's just the first time seeing it, so by default I HAVE to suspect it.
understandable.

*sigh*

Mad, I tell you.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

1. Yes.
2. Probably sparky.
3. Hes a pure lurker.  No read on him.  There are different types of lurkers, the scummiest being "active lurker" but Robz is just a not-posting lurker.  I'll have to poke him later to get some kind of response, but thats not today.
4. If you were anyone else I'd have a good town read on you, but you not being classic Morgrim puts me a bit on edge.

two more:
5. Because it's not normal for *you*.
6. I like it, it just makes me wary.  I really hope you're town though, because if you flip scum I'd be so confused in later games on how I want you to behave.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

1. Yes
2. Ftl
3. I think when they called him out on voting only cuz Volt said so, they were right. When they called him on "jumpy" thing, it was an overblown thing. Kinda townish, but than again.. I wouldn't be sad to see him go, could be talked into a lynch.
4. You are different than before and as always unreadable. Trying to help instead of just sheeping reads and hammering is much more pro-town, which is good.
5. Cuz we expect different Morgrim and came out surprised. Surprise leads to suspicion.
6. No, this Morgrim is an awesome Morgrim.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

2. Probably sparky.

I'm drawing blank on sparky, any opinions on him are welcomed.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

2. Probably sparky.

Yuma put together this post on him, but I haven't seen anything substantial one way or another:

Mafia Record:

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile

1) Yes
2) so few options...ftl maybe. would like to see suspicions on sparky.
3) lurking. heavily. ugh
4) I would be thinking I was abnormal, maybe even suspicious, for being so pro-town.
5) ...
6) ...

Mad, I tell you.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile

2. Probably sparky.

Yuma put together this post on him, but I haven't seen anything substantial one way or another:

Thats...pretty heavy. I would support a sparky lynch.

Mad, I tell you.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

About this.

I think forced claims are bad. He should claim in case he thinks its better for town to claim, goes for anyone.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile

About this.

I think forced claims are bad. He should claim in case he thinks its better for town to claim, goes for anyone.
right. C_F, scratch that

Mad, I tell you.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #1213 on: August 29, 2012, 07:04:47 pm »

Here's my thoughts on Insomniac: his posts seem poorly constructed, as noticed by a few other people. Notice how he doesn't say what KIND of doctor he is, mafia or town. eHunt already claims to be town doctor. What other doctors are there!? So now, this can only mean one thing. It's either Insomniac or eHunt who's scum. They can't both be the town doctor. And in the second quote... maybe he hasn't forgotten the possibility of mafia doctors, because he knows there is one? I'm solid in my position that eHunt is innocent.

But wait. What the heck is a ninja doctor? I read on Mafia Scum that he's anti-town. Someone want to clarify on this position? It doesn't make sense. Insomniac's claiming of ninja doctor sounds desperate, like "oops I shouldn't have done that". And wasn't he against suit-claiming in the first place?

Seems scummy too.

Also, distancing is a big scumtell.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

I could see my vote changing.

And I completely missed the whole D2 sparky shenanigans, cuz I though it will be over his RL things.. blah.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Also, Ins was #1 for suit-claiming, how was he against it. Heck, there was a case against him for wanting to suitclaim, than saying he said only some people should claim and so on, maybe even sparky lead that case. Lemme check.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

Sorry for lurking, nothing much to add to the discussion at present. Frisk and ftl are acceptable lynches to me.

If everyone would stop changing their avatars all the time, that would be helpful...
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

You're just jealous for not playing CE.

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile

i am getting annoyed with all of these survey questionnaires they seem to easy to put together and aren't really effective at singling out a player and putting pressure on them. they seem like a cop out--grujah's i now understand as it was used to get us to help him decide who to reveal...

1 - already voting for
2 - ftl
3 - still suspicious of but i have a hard time being suspicious of people for "lurking" what is lurking? Am I lurky because I only get on a few times a day?
4 - you are townie i suppose
5 - i have never seen you play before fully, so i dont' know if you are
6 - i would like to see you more active but others probably want the same out of me

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

A thing.

There is a role called Vengeful townie.
Cayvie won't be specific of what it does, but mainly, when he dies, he shoot somebody. Now, can he choose or can he only kill the hammerer?
In original "Great Idea Mafia" there is no vengeful townie, but there is a Super Saint, which is Vengeful Townie that can only kill it's hammerer.

My idea is that, if it is possible, when we decide on lynch, get a scummy player to hammer, just in case.

(Vengeful Lover I don't know what he does. Maybe kills whomever kill his lover or soemthing).

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Also I don't know how Mafia Godfather would show up upon High Priestess powers, but I think they are beyond investigation-immunity, cuz it's not an investirole but ask any possible question role.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

iPad lurking. Full response to new morgrims survey later, but I think the answers are obvious given my previous posts.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile

Same, I think my answers to mogrim's questionnaire is obvious too, but might as well respond anyway:

Am voting for it right now, so yes. C_F has hinted that town would hate this, but, well, he might be scum just saying that.

Robz maybe. Sparky maybe.

I suppose I'm probably going to just be lazy and sheep the obvtown, in the end. I've been sort of busy lately and have not been giving these games my due diligence.

And wow, a lot of people put me second. Sadface. Can't blame 'em, I suppose, I'm among the not-confirmed-town group and have been sort of not contributing much lately.

There aren't so many people on the list of people to lynch, I wouldn't object to a robz lynch. Not like obvscum or anything, not changing my vote to him, but I wouldn't be a defender of his.

Same as they were yesterday. Playing townish, but differently than all those other times that you were town. Maybe seeming a bit scummier now because you keep asking what people think of you.

Ooh! Ooh! I can answer this one! C_F is a ...wait I don't know. Nevermind. <-- was joke, plz don't lynch me for it.

two more:

Because all those times that you played crazy, you turned out town. So now you're playing differently, so there's a cognitive dissonance there for us - on one hand, "playing differently than all those times you were town" is definitely a scumtell, on the other hand "playing less scummy than usual" is a strange reason to lynch someone. Hence, all of us sort of looking at you warily.

Nope. There's no way to change your meta from one playstyle to another without going through a game where everyone suspects you because you're playing differently, and at the end of the game being like "see, I played like this and I was town" and then you can play either way and people won't suspect you for it. If you want to change your meta to a new morgrim that doesn't spontaneously hammer, lynch, and then get lynched, this is the right way of doing it and I certainly encourage it. You're okay for now - lots of people are eyeing you warily but it's not turning into a wagon yet.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

vote: sparky

Off to sleep.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

vote: sparky

Off to sleep.

Wait - i mean - i  know you're obvtown and all - but would you care to make your  reasons known?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 64  All

Page created in 2.196 seconds with 20 queries.