Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165737 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Vote Count 2.3

Captain_Frisk (3): Axxle, Grujah, ftl
Robz888 (1): Captain_Frisk

not voting ( 8 ): Galzria, Robz888, yuma, Voltgloss, Eevee, sparky5856, Morgrim7, angrybirds

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is Sept. 3 @5 p.m..

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 04:24:07 pm by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #1151 on: August 28, 2012, 06:20:24 pm »

so my galz vote isn't appreciated by others? i am going to join ehunt in his vote for frisk. vote: frisk he is lurkier than i am and i dont think robz's reaction warranted a vote, not to mention his morgrim RSV confusion. was it RSV or was it not?

Remember my suspicion of Frisk earlier? Because of that and more recent developments I will vote: frisk

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

FoS: ftl for quoting without linking to the post, and only taken parts of posts that are unrecognizable by themselves, makes reading back so much harder.

(not really, just makes me frustrated!)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Sparky too. Next one to do it gets a policy vote locked in.

Y'know what this game needs?  More votes.

They'll give us something more concrete to discuss.
And they'll put pressure on people to MAKE them discuss.

So I call on everyone who hasn't voted yet to cast a vote in their next post.  And everyone who HAS voted to either affirmatively confirm their current vote or cast a new vote. 

I'll start.

Vote: Robz888

The man said himself he's been skating by.  Let's see what happens when the ice starts to thin.

Ugh. I don't like this post at all. It like calling people out for bloodshed.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

So I call on everyone who hasn't voted yet to cast a vote in their next post.  And everyone who HAS voted to either affirmatively confirm their current vote or cast a new vote. 

I'll start.

The man said himself he's been skating by.  Let's see what happens when the ice starts to thin.

Ugh. I don't like this post at all. It like calling people out for bloodshed.

Pressure doesn't work if you say you're doing it.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: August 28, 2012, 07:06:42 pm »

There's something going on with Axxle, and I don't know what. Vote: Axxle I don't know the vote count but I'm pretty sure that's not L-2 or L-1 or anything yet.

Ugh. Terrible vote.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 28, 2012, 08:00:14 pm »

In mafia IV, O RVS'ed Dsell (his scummate) and then never mentioned him again.  In mafia IX, O RVS'ed CF and then never mentioned him again.  I think he might play similarly here.  I'll have to go reread CF's posts in this light but I'm very happy with my vote here.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 28, 2012, 08:07:22 pm »

In mafia IV, O RVS'ed Dsell (his scummate) and then never mentioned him again.  In mafia IX, O RVS'ed CF and then never mentioned him again.  I think he might play similarly here.  I'll have to go reread CF's posts in this light but I'm very happy with my vote here.

That's an interesting outlook, and fits with the narrative of CF playing the "quiet" scumbuddy in this game like was set up in similar fashion by O in M-IV as well. Hmm.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile

FoS: ftl for quoting without linking to the post, and only taken parts of posts that are unrecognizable by themselves, makes reading back so much harder.

Sorry about that. If I'm doing a reread of the whole thread, I'll usually click on the "Print" button and do "Ctrl-f" to find posts by specific people; but then that page doesn't have a quote button so I don't actually have the link.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Sorry about that. If I'm doing a reread of the whole thread, I'll usually click on the "Print" button and do "Ctrl-f" to find posts by specific people; but then that page doesn't have a quote button so I don't actually have the link.

If you want to quote things use "All" if you want to quickly scan the thread use "Print".

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

And its not like it's pages away, its on same page! (or few before). No need for All either.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (ALL NIGHT ACTIONS RECEIVED, PROCESSING)
« Reply #1161 on: August 28, 2012, 08:44:18 pm »

Cults (?), Werewolves, Mafia, and Serial Killers?  This is going to be a fast game.
Intentional misdirection?

Absolutely silent on anything Insom, O, eHunt related.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Morgrim is Morgrim. He has 40 posts. CF is not Morgrim. He has 42 posts.

Yes, ABirds and Sparky sneak under in the high 30's, but everybody else (including lurky Robz) comes in above 50.

CF keeps apologizing for his lurkiness, but I have NEVER seen him lurk this hardcore. And he's active elsewhere.

CF as a player is never a lynch I like because I enjoy his personality, but this just isn't the CF I know.

So I'll put #5 down. Vote: Captain_Frisk.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Hey guys - we're getting close here.  I really think you might be making a mistake here.

RobZ is where its at.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Hey guys - we're getting close here.  I really think you might be making a mistake here.

RobZ is where its at.
Don't listen to the snake.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

RobZ is where its at.
What's the case for Robz?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile

RobZ is where its at.

I have no idea whether that's a townie softclaiming something or a scum trying to pretend to be a townie softclaiming something.  It doesn't make me any more likely to vote for someone other than C_F, though...

Maybe Robz is scum too, and maybe they're on opposite scumteams.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Vote Count 2.4

Captain_Frisk (5): Axxle, Grujah, ftl, angrybirds, Galzria {L-2}
Robz888 (1): Captain_Frisk

not voting (6): Robz888, yuma, Voltgloss, Eevee, sparky5856, Morgrim7

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is Sept. 3 @ 5 p.m.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

Can someone outline the full case against C-Frisk...? lurkiness, day 1 suspicions and a mistake aren't enough for me. And remember morgrim hasn't voted yet--although he has shown signs of improvement--so we do need to consider him at L-1.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Can someone outline the full case against C-Frisk...? lurkiness, day 1 suspicions and a mistake aren't enough for me. And remember morgrim hasn't voted yet--although he has shown signs of improvement--so we do need to consider him at L-1.
O's interactions with CF matches his MO when dealing with scummates.

lurking during the most critical time, when we are scrambling for someone to lynch at the end of the day, sets of huge red flags, especially after saying this:
What is wrong with this game?  We're 2 days to deadline, and we can't even get a candidate to 50% of the votes required to lynch?
He didn't think to come back and help?

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

Well I'm sorry I haven't been playing properly. Did I do it correct for those quotes or am I still missing something? I'm only trying to help by bringing up evidence and I get yelled at for it.

You know what, VOTE: Captain_Frisk, I'm really not in the mood for anything right now. Let's ****ing go to bed.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

Major FOS at sparky right now. Remember Morgrim? He is in this game and I for one am NOT done talking today. Someone unvote.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

FINE, I'll UNVOTE, I'll let you all do your thing. I'm not in the mood to do anything tonight and I shouldn't vote just because I'm feeling terrible. Sorry for charging, but I'm really not feeling well.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

So sparky's L2 to L1 vote got me interested in him. I decided to have a look and see what I could find out about him. I found that he was very silent on the topic of O. Now I haven't gone back to check myself on this very issue, but I don't remember being very vocal about O at all throughout the game, but then again I haven't been very vocal about everyone else in the way that sparky has been. His long posts eventually talk about everyone a lot more than O. And when he did talk about O, it had nothing important.  Here are the quotes:

I believe I was the first to mention that Robz was in a Catch-22.
Ah yes this is true. You were the first to comment on it, and shraeye specifically mentioned it as a Catch-22.

Gotta admit, I lol'ed at this. All this means, though, is a confirmation of eHunt's reliance on theory to find scum. And that O is being O it seems like. I only need to play ONE day to figure that one out.

--SNIP--

Now THIS is intriguing. eHunt UNVOTES from Frisk. This I can also perfectly understand given his situation. Frisk hasn't been the center of attention in the last few pages. So, let's refocus. He attacks Galzria for inconsistencies in his arguments. The O vote was an improper move though. I wouldn't have held him accountable for voting because of a (Hunting * Graham's Number) Morgrim debacle.

That was it for day 1... here is day 2 quotes
I was gonna go back and reanalyze O since he seemed so certain eHunt was scum, but now I don't have to apparently. He seems to have been a Major Arcana role too. But I can't find anywhere what his specific role means... or are we not supposed to know yet?

And in answer to Grujah's who to Night kill question he answered
6) O probably.

The only other time was this:

(one more werewolf maybe; three werewolves with O's power seems completely out of line, one to two more mafia maybe, and one SK), and with eight people besides me (eliminating Grujah, Eevee, Axxle, and myself (seriously voting myself does not sound like a good idea. if I do vote myself it's all for fun  ;D )) that's like a 50/50 shot of hitting scum.

In summary, sparky has long posts about everyone and everything... sure he doesn't post often, but when he does they are huge. But they are devoid of anything really about O. They don't analyze him. They don't question him. They briefly glaze over or completely ignore him.

And then after he is dead, sparky announces he is suspicious of him and would have killed him.
Perfect timing. He says he is in a bad mood right now. I wonder what vote: sparky would do?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

I'll start.

I on the other hand do like this post. We need votes to have things to analyze.

Case on Frisk is not bad I think, but not slamdunk-excellent either. yuma's case on sparky is really interesting, but it's good to remember we have a lot of players, so not talking much about one of them is less of a tell than it would be in a smaller game. I'm undecided whether I want to have my vote on Frisk or sparky at this point. For now, I'll join Vote: sparky to prod him into responding to get more info (also because I don't want to see Frisk hammered just yet even if I decide on him eventually).
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 64  All

Page created in 2.536 seconds with 20 queries.