Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165522 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Actually, you know what that votecount tells me? That yuma didn't vote for O or insom, helped kill eHalc, and was never on the radar long enough to get a vote.  Sounds like scum-yuma to me.  Will go through his posts to verify though.

yuma was also budding up with me, maybe even after my reveal.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

Actually, you know what that votecount tells me? That yuma didn't vote for O or insom, helped kill eHalc, and was never on the radar long enough to get a vote.  Sounds like scum-yuma to me.  Will go through his posts to verify though.
err, he had one vote from insom early, ctrl-F failed me since the arrows weren't consistently spaced.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

yuma -> insomniac

read more carefully

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Got to page 12 in my reread, lots of interesting stuff. Got a scummy vibe from Frisk (going after morgrim, unvoting saying it was just RVS when the wagon dies) and yuma (seemed to be protective of Ins when shraye went after him), but I actually might be unfairly harsh to Frisk because him mistakenly accusing me was still fresh on my mind.
Shraye looks towny  (and can't be on Insomniacs team because he called Ins out on his scumslip way back in day 1 and actually started a wagon that got reasonably far). Volt and morg joined that insomniac wagon early, which implicates neither is mafia (might ofc be other scum).

Interestingly, yuma calls shraye out frist for voting Ins (to which shraye responds by laying out a pretty nice case I think) and then for changing his vote from Ins to Morgrim. (This happened aroun post 166 and a bit earlier if anyone wants to reread)

Gals got up to 4 votes very quickly. Morgrim keeps his vote on Insomniac (the biggest wagon) but says he also finds Galzria "really scummy", which to me looks scummy (although likely not mafia scummy because of the insomniac vote).
Page 11, Axxle wagon turbo formed. Like, it was way too fast, Axxle would look very towny even without the mod confirmation I think. That wagon might be an ok place to hunt for scum. (Some town points for yuma for saying he doesn't like the Axxle wagon here.)

Okay, that's something, back to reading.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

"Shraye looks towny  (and can't be on Insomniacs team because he called Ins out on his scumslip way back in day 1 and actually started a wagon that got reasonably far)."

Uhm, eevee, shraeye is dead and conftown.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

"Shraye looks towny  (and can't be on Insomniacs team because he called Ins out on his scumslip way back in day 1 and actually started a wagon that got reasonably far)."

Uhm, eevee, shraeye is dead and conftown.
Haha yeah, that's how well I was caught up lolol. Sorry guys, maybe I shouldnt post before I'm done reading back. Glad my initial read was correct at least.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #1132 on: August 27, 2012, 09:06:33 pm »

So here were my brief thoughts on Captain_Frisk earlier.

INTERMISSION. CAPTAIN_FRISK. He was the very first post this day, and it was a vote for Morgrim. Since, he provided very vague reasons for voting (at least to me, I can't read the whole forum to gather how Morgrim plays XD)

Quote from: Morgrim7 on August 09, 2012, 06:38:30 pm
Hi guys. Vote: Captain_Frisk for voting for me with absolutely no reason whatsoever.

I have a whole forum full of reasons!

His playstyle seems very vague altogether, not providing reason and just charging into his thoughts:

Quote from: Galzria on August 09, 2012, 10:15:57 pm
Well, 16 players in a non-BM game! Not bad... Hope you're up for the work Cayvie. You've got a 4000 post behemoth coming your way!

Frisk, I need to know up front, are you scum?

Sorry galz, I am not scum.
Quote from: shark_bait on August 10, 2012, 12:22:03 pm
Dude... Frisk, you can't really count BMIV.  I was only able to play that way b/c you explicitly omitted the player list.  Everyone knows that I'm actually playing in this game.

So you are admitting that you're going to play scum differently here.  Got it.

Let me see what else I can find on him.

I have a very strong case against someone who consistently displays anti-town behavior, but you'll have to trust me.  Just vote for who I vote for - and all will be ok when that person flips.

So he's asking for trust only four (real) days into the game, kinda fast imo. He's also one of the most notable lurkers in this game thus far.

Later on though, he actually begins to play seriously, voting for Robz and sticking with it, analyzing how many posts people had in the thread at that point, and acknowledging that he's been lurking, also asking questions to get caught up. Maybe he's not lurking to try to avoid the action and to just let all of us kill each other. Real life can intrude too.

Ughhhhhhh, I gotta find someone else who's scummy, this game is hard sometimes >___<. Assuming maybe four scum left (one more werewolf maybe; three werewolves with O's power seems completely out of line, one to two more mafia maybe, and one SK), and with eight people besides me (eliminating Grujah, Eevee, Axxle, and myself (seriously voting myself does not sound like a good idea. if I do vote myself it's all for fun  ;D )) that's like a 50/50 shot of hitting scum.

Can I go back to my "THE MAFIA IS AMONG EVERYONE" theory?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

...reading from the beginning, Part I...

Well, I didn't have time to read everyone's Day 1 posts yet, but here's the first two people I looked at: CF and Robz.  (I'm going down the list of players in the intro post in order, skipping myself, conf-towns, and the deceased.) 

Captain_Frisk - posts that jumped out at me:

- opens the game by voting Morgrim (#22)
- #131, about shark_bait/Grujah:  "So you are admitting that you're going to play scum differently here.  Got it."
- #308, votes Robz for backing off of Abirds too quickly
- #339, notes that Insom claiming day 1 bad play is a "cop out"
- #426, defends Morgrim-hunting, defends Robz vote, gives post count
- #531, challenges Grujah's theory that Morgrim should be vigged, not lynched
- #536, suggests forcing Axxle to claim and monitoring him; comments that "f we don't lynch power roles - then it is likely that we won't lynch today"
- #601, bemoans not having a candidate at 50% votes (though ehunt was already there), says he won't vote ehunt, asks for prod on Grujah, asks for input from Galz

...and that's pretty much it.  CF does not post at all for the rest of Day 1.  So we have absolutely nothing from him dealing with the double-doctor-debate.  His vote was left parked on Robz even well after the Robz-Abirds issue had died down.

Interesting factoid:  after the mod's revealing at least one serial killer exists (#62), O's next post is to cite CF as obv-SK (#66).  CF never responds to that or even acknowledges it. 

In fact, CF never mentions, addresses, or even acknowledges O once in any of his posts.  Despite O's throwing suspicion at him - not just #62, but also #848 (for ignoring the double-doctor-debate).  And CF only mentions Insom the one time, at #339.

CF's general lurking, plus studious avoidance of anything O-related and pretty much anything Insom-related, plus the complete disengagement from the double-doctor-debate, all add up to quite a bit of suspicion in my eyes.  Which is why I listed CF as the person whose alignment I was most interested to know.

Turning to Robz888, key posts:

- #168, questions case against Insom
- #261, votes Abirds to get him to post
- #291, unvotes Abirds, defends "a little jumpy" comment
- #295, comments Axxle isn't paying very good attention to the Robz-Abirds events
- #300, continued Abirds discussion - questions Axxle's and ftl's voting for him as a result
- #329, defends self further in response to growing wagon
- #364, votes Axxle (to L-2) while his own wagon is at L-4
- #372, defends vote on Axxle, contrasting Axxle's behavior to that of others on the Robzwagon; also comments about how "no Day 1 lynch is ever correct" and "Day 1 with so many people is tough stuff"
- #463, notes Axxle hasn't been lurky, but doesn't want to unvote because he doesn't want No Lynch and "I don't know what other direction we could go (other than me)"; suggests pressuring a lurker
- #470, unvotes Axxle in response to softclaim
- #483, comments scum are probably lurkers - notes Morgrim, Eevee, ehunt, Insom, Abirds
- #488, removes Insom from lurker list
- #578, votes ehunt for going after Frisk for going after Morgrim
- #662, unvotes ehunt after doctor claim, votes Axxle
- #707, revotes ehunt after Insom's doctor claim
- #719, comments Insom's claim seemed more genuine, and that one would probably be lynched and the other nightkilled

...hmm.  I'm not seeing a tremendous amount here to raise my suspicions.  Robz's actions read to me more like a town player trying to come out of lurk mode (and I recall he had V/LA and/or illness issues over the course of Day 1) and then having to unexpectedly defend himself from a lot of suspicion over something that STILL seems to me to be rather innocent exchange (Robz/Abirds).  I can't fault his thinking re: ehunt/Insom as it was generally in line with my own.  Given the presence of other more likely scum options around, I'm not seeing myself voting for Robz today.

Will move on to yuma and ftl in my next post.  May not complete it tonight; if not, will likely post in the morning.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

Ugggh, my apologies for the italics, had an "i" in brackets that screwed up the formatting.  Text is right though.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

Yeah, reading the middle of Day 1 did give me more of a clean feeling about Captain_Frisk...

...and that's pretty much it.  CF does not post at all for the rest of Day 1.  So we have absolutely nothing from him dealing with the double-doctor-debate.  His vote was left parked on Robz even well after the Robz-Abirds issue had died down.

...but I can't get THIS out of my mind. Of course I was the same way, not posting for like the last ten pages of Day 1, but I did address my main concerns in one post. I felt like what I wanted to get out (Eevee and Insomniac were suspicious & eHunt was innocent. Now we know I was only right two out of three) was done. Captain_Frisk didn't even acknowledge the doctor-claims. IS he just letting us kill each other lol

And nice find Volt about this!

Interesting factoid:  after the mod's revealing at least one serial killer exists (#62), O's next post is to cite CF as obv-SK (#66).  CF never responds to that or even acknowledges it.

He even posted something completely off-topic to this THREE MINUTES after O's post.

Hi guys. Vote: Captain_Frisk for voting for me with absolutely no reason whatsoever.

I have a whole forum full of reasons!

And he responds to Galz here?

Well, 16 players in a non-BM game! Not bad... Hope you're up for the work Cayvie. You've got a 4000 post behemoth coming your way!

Frisk, I need to know up front, are you scum?

Sorry galz, I am not scum.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile

All right...hmmm.... weird scumslip by C_F which has turned into a wagon. I did suspect Axxle, but Cayvie ruined everything. No idea who to lynch now. If you guys think we should lynch C_F I'm up for it.

Voltgloss: Being pretty helpful. Slight town read.
Captain_Frisk: Scummy. I would lynch him
Grujah: probably Town
Eevee: Town
Robz888: IDK
yuma: ditto volt
ftl: voted C_F... hmmmm
Galzria: help me out with this one, guys
angrybirds: Well...since Grujah is probably town...
sparky5856: pretty helpful
Morgrim7: anyone's reads on me?
Axxle: town
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile

And actually, I wanna Vote: Captain_Frisk...waitwait unvote how close are we to a lynch

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

And actually, I wanna Vote: Captain_Frisk...waitwait unvote how close are we to a lynch
You just Morgrimed him.

(actually have no clue, just felt like saying that)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

We need 7 to lynch.

Did we just see Morg whom cares about whom and when we hammer? Wow.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile

and mine would be the fourth vote?

Mad, I tell you.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #1141 on: August 28, 2012, 08:46:45 am »

(seriously voting myself does not sound like a good idea. if I do vote myself it's all for fun  ;D ))

Is he serious?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

All right - apparently I have to take this game seriously now?

1. Insomniac Queen of Cups, Mafia Doctor, Stabbed in the Back Night 1
2. Voltgloss
3. Captain_Frisk
4. Grujah - effectively VT now?
5. Eevee - Mod confirmed townie
6. Robz888
7. O Werewolf High Priestess, Strangled Night 1
8. yuma
9. ftl
10. Galzria
11. shraeye Three of Swords, Vanilla Townie, Shot Night 1
12. angrybirds
13. sparky5856
14. Morgrim7
15. Axxle - mod confirmed townie
16. ehunt Ten of Wands, Doctor, Lynched Day 1

So that leaves:

2. Voltgloss
3. Captain_Frisk
6. Robz888
8. yuma
9. ftl
10. Galzria
12. angrybirds
13. sparky5856
14. Morgrim7

16 players - and a 4.5 / 13 chance of scum - we're probably looking for at least 5 scum? (serial killer + 2 scum teams of at least 2 people - although mafia doctor with no teammate would be pretty hilarious)

That leaves at least 3 scum (and I assume 4 to be safe) remaining among those 9.

Clearly I'm scummy.  Apologies for the lurking.  I blame goko.  Now that the goko madness seems to have died down, mafia is alot more compelling.

The others:

2. Voltgloss - Attempted to paint Axxle as scum doctors protection.  I also thought Axxle was scummy, so I can't really blame him here.
6. Robz888 - Has a "well that sucked" scum tell to start Day 2.  Otherwise not alot to comment on day 2 - he jumped on me for my eevee debacle - just as I jumped on eevee (doh!)  I still like him for my D1 reasons - and nothing much has changed. 
8. yuma - Kindof a null read.  This raises my hackles a bit.
9. ftl - vote on me feels hedgy, otherwise nothing jumps out oat me
10. Galzria - hasn't jumped on me for mistake - suspicious of axxle pre reveal - floated a WW recruitment theory - no read
12. angrybirds - nothing since the big reveal other than an unvote.  Nervous now because he was on the list of people to investigate?
13. sparky5856 - when he quotes my (very thinly) veiled anti morgrim joke in post #1132 - he seems to take it seriously.  As for not acknowledging O's claim that I am obv. SK - I was also surprised to notice that I had never mentioned O.  I've learned to generally tune O out - because I never feel like I can trust him.  I assumed he was making a crack about M4 - where I actually was a serial killer - full claimed it - and nobody believed me.
14. Morgrim7 - one of these days he's going to be scum.

After this reread - my gut tells me to:

Vote: RobZ
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

The "aw that sucks!" is not a scum tell, especially on anyone as experienced as robz. Come on now!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

Apologies I didn't have time to complete the next part of my "reading from the beginning" analysis yet - it was a rather hectic morning.  Will try to get the bulk of that analysis completed and posted today.

...deadline is Monday 5 p.m., so we have less than a week.  Is anyone going to be V/LA over the weekend (including Monday, as it's a holiday in the U.S.)? 

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

You blame goko? Really? That lasted much shorter than this game.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

You blame goko? Really? That lasted much shorter than this game.

Actually made me laugh out loud.  When the goko threads were hot, there were lots of people who were wrong on the internet (on both sides).  I had to keep my popcorn ready.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile

...deadline is Monday 5 p.m., so we have less than a week.  Is anyone going to be V/LA over the weekend (including Monday, as it's a holiday in the U.S.)?

I won't be able to post much, but I'll read and be able to chime in with one-liners or votes at times, but won't have time to do any rereads or analysis if it'll need to be done. (But, well, that's actually how I've been playing anyway recently, been sort of busy).  I'll be around Monday.

Still ok with my vote on frisk atm. Would be okay with any of the 9 unconfirmed being lynched except me; would prefer not Galz, and I guess not angry, but not sure.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

I just think... Looking at who the confirmed town, and who's left... It's kinda scary. There are some known power players on the list of possible scum.

I'm thinking strategy wise here... O played M-IV by designing multiple "scum personalities" (i.e. The noisy one, the quiet one, the lurker, etc.). With O and Insomniac, even though they were on different teams, they were both fairly visible players. While I don't know if we should expect two or three member teams, I think it's reasonable to expect that their scummates probably weren't quite as visible D1.

CF certainly, to an extent, fits that bill, so I would be willing to lynch him. I'm going to put together vote totals and post totals as well, and see if there were others flying under the radar.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Do we have a votecount? 
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 64  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 20 queries.