Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165874 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Galz, you think lurkiness is a slight town tell because scum is afraid of doing it too much or what?

I find it a slight town tell because in the history of f.DS lurkers have by and far been town, not scum. There have been TWO lurker scum that really jump to mind: Glooble and MAYBE Young_Nick. Ever other instance has been town.

To clarify, I don't find the act itself more townie than not, or more scummy than not. I find it has a history of showing town at game end more often than scum.

But that's (imo) neither here nor there in regards to Abirds who - while a light poster - I don't consider a lurker.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Grujah I would have preferred that you sat on this for a bit. It looked like for a while that a wagon had a chance to develop on you. It would have been interesting to see who would have joined it. As is, we should point out that both sparky and Morgrim cast suspicions at you, as did I as well... before your reveal.

Ah, you are right. Wagon would be informational. But, blah.

So, everybody agrees that form of question is a good one?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Oh, just realized.

When cayvie posted "There is an SK in the game" That was O asking question "Is there an SK in the game".  ;D

So, he could have done everyday what I can do today.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile

Ok, makes sense. Unvote
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile

Dang, the major arcana ARE pretty nice. Having that as a town power would be pretty powerful. And now it is! For one day only!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Vote Count 2.2

Axxle (1): angrybirds

not voting (11): Captain_Frisk, Galzria, Robz888, yuma, Voltgloss, Eevee, Grujah, Axxle, sparky5856, Morgrim7, ftl

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Galz seems to be a bit protective; like he doesn't want himself/angrybirds investigated.

So I guess one of them two, (most likely Galz)

And one of Axxle/Eevee.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Galz seems to be a bit protective; like he doesn't want himself/angrybirds investigated.

So I guess one of them two, (most likely Galz)

And one of Axxle/Eevee.

Did you not read this post of mine where I said you should probably investigate me and either Eevee/Axxle (exactly what you just proposed)?

Alright, I'm back (though a bit drink)... What can I do for ya?

I get a very strong (probably larger than most others here) town read on ABirds, and actually DON'T think he's a good target for this form of pseudo investigation because of it.

Now, I can understand why people might want to check me (and am flattered for the reasons listed!), so if you want to hot two birds (ha!) with one stone I would recommend just investigating me and then trusting my read.

Now, since you can only ask one question (Oh my God, ahaha, O breadcrumbed this role by accusing ME of having it and being unsubtle D1! He even linked the damn role after his Ragevote! Ahahaha. +1 O) and you don't know my alignment to be town before your results come in, I would suggest Eevee/Axxle since they are highly suspect to so many. My personal preference is Volt, but I understand you can't sheep me not knowing 100% that I'm town.

Anyway, I'm here and available, so "fire" away!

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Oh, right, sorry, I was focusing on another post of yours.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

I know I seem defensive over ABirds, it's just that I've seen a lot of "he's suspicious" but no legitimate reasons given, and I personally have a town read on him (even though he parked his vote on me most of D1 and kept trying to push others to vote for me too. >.>)

I could be wrong, I just really don't think that I am.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

I know I seem defensive over ABirds, it's just that I've seen a lot of "he's suspicious" but no legitimate reasons given, and I personally have a town read on him (even though he parked his vote on me most of D1 and kept trying to push others to vote for me too. >.>)

I could be wrong, I just really don't think that I am.
I certainly don't have a townread on him, but I don't think his behavior is a result of his alignment but rather how he would play any role.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Axxle/Eevee, you both obviously, whatever faction you are, know it's more beneficial to investigate the other one. Now, convince me.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

(Actually, give me something that will make me wanna investigate you less).

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

sparky seems to be going under the radar but it is probably cuz I don't really know him yet.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

Axxle/Eevee, you both obviously, whatever faction you are, know it's more beneficial to investigate the other one. Now, convince me.
I can full claim now, and it should be pretty convincing.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

I can't really prove my claim, so in that way I'm probably an ok investigate target.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Blah, I didn't mean claims. I think I was pretty clear on my stance about claims - only do it if it benefits town. (more than hiding it benefits).

I do not want to force a claim out of anyone with this.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Yeah but claiming is the only other way to "clear one's name", and the alignment information on guys who'd otherwise be unclear is more useful (I think).

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

Hi guys, I'm back!

Cool reveal, Grujah. I definitely vote for Eevee/Axxle as the right investigation combo.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

Kinda drunk. Ok, now, this is very important, and I'll give all details later. Butm need answer, from all players, to these question:

1) What do you think of Morgrim?
2) What do you think of shark_bait/Grujah?
3) Who is the most likely scum in this town (exclude Grujah)?
4) Can you give me an answer to Pop Quiz (Right now, who is your "Wanna lynch" "would support lynch" "will not lynch"
5) Your ideas on whom killed who last night
6) If you were Vigilante of sorts last night, whom would you target and, more importantly, WHY? (Kinda worthless cuz you know aligments of some dead people now, but do me a favor)

I promise this will be of great use.
Everyone answer.
Ok - I'm back - I started writing this when I saw Grujah's question.  I kept adding to it as I read and saw things that I found scummy or otherwise interesting... I hit Grujah's claim about 1/2 through.  Posting it anyway - because why not?

#1 - Behavior is out of line with previous games
#2 - I think you two lurked hard day 1 - but maybe you just didn't post because the transition wasn't official yet.
#3 - To be honest - I'm not sure.  The people who are standing out are in #4 below.
#4 -
Wanna - no sure fire "lynch them now" candidates

Maybe -
Axxle - provided no info in his survey
Morgrim - is lack of crazy play indicative of more maturity, or being extra careful because he's scum?
Angrybirds for his first post post survey to anti answering
Grujah - conducting this survey looks protown (scumhunting).  With so many scumteams - this doesn't necessarily mean town. - WAS writing this answer as catching up - and then i hit the claim! 

Will not -
Grujah

#5 - You mean factions?  Or do you want me to say: I think that Galz killed O in the closet with a hammer?  The factions seem pretty clear via flavor - except for the strangulation - but that could be vigging I suppose.  As for calling out which person did which kill - that's an awefully specific request that is so unlikely to be correct its just a waste of time.
#6 - Without re-reading day 1 - if cayvie called me up and said "hey listen dude - you need to kill someone now, I'd probably just default to Morgrim or Galz".  Otherwise, I'd have to fully reread day 1. 
#7 - Morgrim per above.

I agree that a search for scum pairings seems like a good idea.  I obviously support Axxle.  I would honestly keep morgrim out of such a pairing.  I like Axxle / Angrybirds, but eevee is fuzzy enough for me.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

sparky seems to be going under the radar but it is probably cuz I don't really know him yet.

Heh, it's day 2 any nobody knows me yet  ;D I've been curious to see what people think of me so far, but no major reads on me thus far. eHunt said I was town but didn't go into much detail at all. shraeye said I was scum when he was woozy. A lot more idunnolol's than anything though.

In all honesty no one really ever suspects me whenever I play mafia for some reason, I guess it's just the way I play, whatever that is. I've been concentrating much more on eliminating the scum than on self-defense, cause that matters more.

I'm thinking... if you're scum, you DON'T want people to know who you are. Galz is okay with Grujah investigating him, Axxle is okay with full-claiming now, and Eevee gives a "probably ok" that it's good to investigate him. Eevee sounds the most uncertain of the three. I've already pegged him multiple times, so I think he is good to investigate. Galz and Axxle are town-ish-ier, if that's a word. A town-aligned person would WANT to be investigated, since they won't draw suspicion anymore, and they can concentrate fully on scumhunting.

Of course, the fact that there's a doctor genocide this game does not bode well for those who are confirmed town. Ninja doctor, if you're out there... you know who to protect in the upcoming night!

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

Wow look at this awesome little gem that I wrote XD

I'm thinking... if you're scum, you DON'T want people to know who you are.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

se, the fact that there's a doctor genocide this game does not bode well for those who are confirmed town. Ninja doctor, if you're out there... you know who to protect in the upcoming night!

Tell me about it, I've basically hammered ehunt.

Hi guys, I'm back!

Cool reveal, Grujah. I definitely vote for Eevee/Axxle as the right investigation combo.

So, that's all that we get from you? :(

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile

Morgrim - is lack of crazy play indicative of more maturity, or being extra careful because he's scum?
Waitwaitwaitwait. I'm scummy because I'm acting normal? What, would you rather I act crazy? Ok, Vote: Captain_Frisk>:( No more Mr. Nice Guy.

Just kidding, Unvote but seriously.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

se, the fact that there's a doctor genocide this game does not bode well for those who are confirmed town. Ninja doctor, if you're out there... you know who to protect in the upcoming night!

Tell me about it, I've basically hammered ehunt.

Hi guys, I'm back!

So, that's all that we get from you? :(

Sorry, I thought your questions were just aimed at getting that answer. What questions do you have for me? I'll answer them.

I mean, Eevee is my top concern right now. He wiggled around a lot at the end of yesterday. He was right about ehunt at first, and then I thought he was way way way too easily persuaded to get in favor of ehunt.

Axxle was the person I most thought was scummy for most of yesterday, but his behavior changed eventually and then I thought he was actually doing useful scumhunting work. So, I would definitely like to know if he's town or not.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 64  All

Page created in 1.976 seconds with 20 queries.