Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 166170 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

Vote Count 2.1
Grujah (1): ftl
Axxle (1): angrybirds

not voting (10): Captain_Frisk, Galzria, Robz888, yuma, Voltgloss, Eevee, Grujah, Axxle, sparky5856, Morgrim7
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

Okay, so Grujah and angrybirds are most likely not on the same team. The way angrybirds responded seems like he genuinely disliked that everyone's answering Grujah's questionnaire. angrybirds is more likely to be town than anything else I believe, and he has a "charge!" attitude and likes to get things done quickly it seems like. Nothing wrong with that, just that it's unique from all the other play-styles I've seen so far.

Grujah has been extremely active this day, seemingly dictating the town's actions, asking questions about practically everything that comes up. Is that a good thing? I would change my answer to #7 to him if I could XD

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

Grujah here you are:

1) I am glad that he is taking a more proactive town role.
2) I have no opinion of SB--he didn't contribute enough. You on the other hand--I didn't think your refusal to go back and read 20 pages to be scummy. That just seemed like you.

Wait? What? How?

It is like me to not read stuff?

You just seem like the type of player with the personality of "I do what I want" If you wanted to go back and reread you would, if you didn't you didn't.  I am not implying that otherwise you don't read the games, I think you generally do. Just in that instance I could understand why you didn't want to.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile

Okay, so Grujah and angrybirds are most likely not on the same team. The way angrybirds responded seems like he genuinely disliked that everyone's answering Grujah's questionnaire. angrybirds is more likely to be town than anything else I believe, and he has a "charge!" attitude and likes to get things done quickly it seems like. Nothing wrong with that, just that it's unique from all the other play-styles I've seen so far.
I agree. And because I think that ABirds is less scummy than Grujah, that means Grujah is some other faction. Maybe a scum faction. Vote: Grujah
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Low drunkish stage..
------

Now, I wanted everybody to answer the questioner (particularly 3 and 7) before I reveal this, but I am just anxious and cannot wait anymore! Eevee/Robz/CF are V/LA for weekend, and Volt is lurking. Few reveals:

1 & 2) I am Five of Pentacles: One-Shot Strongman Vigilante. I killed O last night.
---Now, why O and why use power on Night 1?
Well, I went for O cause it was ehunt's death request (pre-ehunt death my #1 targ was shraeye). He wanted O and Ins dead. I figured, if BOTH are Mobs, and Ins didn't lie about being a doc, it would be much better for me to target O cause Ins would protect him otherwise, and I go through protection.
Now, I used my power on Night 1 cause I didn't want it ending like MIV (Where I was OSV as well) or BMMMM (Where I was 1 shot "choose your faction") - and in both games I died without using my power. So, to prevent that , I used it Night 1.
---What proofs do I have?
Few.
This is a breadcrum from my first post:
I know, I know you'd never steal, Jack.
Before I even joined, I decided I'll crum my role like this:
For each of these, take appropriate comic/book:
Cups - Batman Adventures - Mad Love (Cuz I love Harley's.. "cups")
Pentacles - Starman (v.2, Pentagram = star)
Wands - Hellblazer (He's a magician)
Sword - A Game of Thrones (It has swords)
Major Arcana - Sandman

Now, opet the first issue on the number that your card is, and post it.
So, I am Five of Petnacles. This is straigh from Starman #00, page 5:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20240121/claim.png

Another proof is that O is stranged. I cannot find it on Mafiawiki, but strangling flavor means Strongman. (Idea is, Doctor can stich you up if you get shot/stabbed/mauled but he cannot do anything if you are strangled).

Now, third proof, is actually very provable, and here it comes:

3) By killing a Major Arcana, I got a power to use during D2 only
This power is that I can ask a yes/no question, and it will be answered publicly in thread.
That is why I made this questioneer. Main questions were 3 and 7, rest were kinda red harrings (which, at time of making it, significially more drunk, I though was a good idea).
Idea was to gather info about whom to investigate.
My idea was, and still is, to ask a question like this:

Are (player A) and (player B) both town - aligned?
I think 2 is a good number. Better than 3 or 1. Canidates for A and B, are now, I think, angrybirds and Eevee.
(can somebody collect all answers to 3) and 7) ?

Does anyone have a better idea for a question format?

4) My question answering was bogus.
I.e. the fact that I choose ftl/angry as scummy and Eevee as town.
Those were random as I had no idea, joining late and all.
Now, by questineer answers, angry and Axxle seemed scummish.
I also liked idea of examining Galz, cuz he is ... well, good player :D

5)We have a missing kill (werewolf flavored)
It means that WW either hit a WW immune SK, or was blocked/jailed, or target was doctored/jailed, or they've hit bulletproof townie or.. well, that's mostily it.

And I don't think that angry and I are necessarily on opposing teams. It might be just that we are townies fighting each other.

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile

so you think I might be a townie that is fighting you or do you think i am scum, so that is why you want to ask the question?

which one?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

You poped out on many people's lists for 3 and 7. I think.

Wait, gonna collect all info now.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

3) Eevee x2, Axxle, angry, Robz
7) angry, Eevee, Galz x2, Frisk

+ Morg who didn't give exact, he was 3)  Robz/Eevee, 7) Robz/Eevee/Axxle

And I am on angry/axxle.

So, I think you 2 pop up the most?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Grujah here you are:

1) I am glad that he is taking a more proactive town role.
2) I have no opinion of SB--he didn't contribute enough. You on the other hand--I didn't think your refusal to go back and read 20 pages to be scummy. That just seemed like you.

Wait? What? How?

It is like me to not read stuff?

You just seem like the type of player with the personality of "I do what I want" If you wanted to go back and reread you would, if you didn't you didn't.  I am not implying that otherwise you don't read the games, I think you generally do. Just in that instance I could understand why you didn't want to.

K, I think this is valid, I had that kind of a stance somewhere, in RMM1 I think.

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile

3) Eevee x2, Axxle, angry, Robz
7) angry, Eevee, Galz x2, Frisk

+ Morg who didn't give exact, he was 3)  Robz/Eevee, 7) Robz/Eevee/Axxle

And I am on angry/axxle.

So, I think you 2 pop up the most?

i am game

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

...but I am just anxious and cannot wait anymore!

Ah, so this also explains why you've been so active recently. Master plan much? XD

As for the collections:
3)
(3) Eevee: sparky5856, ftl?, Morgrim?, yuma
(2) Axxle: Galzria, angrybirds
(2) angrybirds: Axxle, Grujah
(1) Robz888: ftl?, Morgrim?

?'s count as half votes, they listed multiple people

7) is all over the map but Galz has the most votes.

So Eevee/Galz is the consensus?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

You can also suggest other (yes/no) questions, maybe somebody has a smarter one that I do.

I can also include myself as 3rd, but for my point of view, its pointless.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

My suggestions would be Axxle/Eevee, but I'm happy with it being Me/Eevee. Will post more in a bit, gotta drive.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

I apologize for not being around today.  It's been a far more busy Saturday than I anticipated.  I also see I have a lot to catch up on and will be doing so tonight.

But first off, I see answers to Grujah's #3 and #7 questions are most pressing.  Well, at this point (as in, before I've had a chance to fully reread the thread like I was hoping) - and without having read how other people answered - I still suspect Axxle most; so he's my answer to #3.  As for #7?  Captain_Frisk. 

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Ohkay, here again!

I was going to post Grujah seems super town here even before the claim, and even more so now. Absolutely not suspecting him one bit.

Would most want to know Axxle's alignment (because of the softclaim).

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Alright, I'm back (though a bit drink)... What can I do for ya?

I get a very strong (probably larger than most others here) town read on ABirds, and actually DON'T think he's a good target for this form of pseudo investigation because of it.

Now, I can understand why people might want to check me (and am flattered for the reasons listed!), so if you want to hot two birds (ha!) with one stone I would recommend just investigating me and then trusting my read.

Now, since you can only ask one question (Oh my God, ahaha, O breadcrumbed this role by accusing ME of having it and being unsubtle D1! He even linked the damn role after his Ragevote! Ahahaha. +1 O) and you don't know my alignment to be town before your results come in, I would suggest Eevee/Axxle since they are highly suspect to so many. My personal preference is Volt, but I understand you can't sheep me not knowing 100% that I'm town.

Anyway, I'm here and available, so "fire" away!

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile

haven't gotten through all of the text but I got to the claim and unvote

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile

hmm, well, I like pairwise investigations ,that's a good idea I think, a tad easier to work with than a triple investigation and a little more info than a single one-shot cop.

Pick Galz/someone

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

Grujah I would have preferred that you sat on this for a bit. It looked like for a while that a wagon had a chance to develop on you. It would have been interesting to see who would have joined it. As is, we should point out that both sparky and Morgrim cast suspicions at you, as did I as well... before your reveal.

I would take my vote off angrybirds if there is an actual way to confirm someone's alignment. He is the one I-personally am most interested in discovering--but as for the town itself. Eevee and Galz are at the top of my list to learn alignment.

Could we use these lists later on down the road to see who was willing to out who's alignment? Say a mafia is lynched and sparky was willing to let us discover that person's alignment, doesn't that give at least a little bit of credibility to them, or am I reading too much into that?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Grujah I would have preferred that you sat on this for a bit. It looked like for a while that a wagon had a chance to develop on you. It would have been interesting to see who would have joined it. As is, we should point out that both sparky and Morgrim cast suspicions at you, as did I as well... before your reveal.

I would take my vote off angrybirds if there is an actual way to confirm someone's alignment. He is the one I-personally am most interested in discovering--but as for the town itself. Eevee and Galz are at the top of my list to learn alignment.

Could we use these lists later on down the road to see who was willing to out who's alignment? Say a mafia is lynched and sparky was willing to let us discover that person's alignment, doesn't that give at least a little bit of credibility to them, or am I reading too much into that?

What about ABird's play makes you question his alignment? I haven't heard a real case except that he's "lurky", which is such a BS reason to truly suspect SCUMMINESS. Is it "Not-do-great" town play? Yeah, maybe. But how many lurkers have actually been scum? 1? 2? Out of how many games?

And he hadn't even been completely absent lurky either. He posts once a day and usually gives reasonable opinions at the time. He didn't think eHunt was all that scummy afaik, and preferred the Insomniac lynch (despite the logic stating otherwise) which is more than most of us (myself included) can say!

Seriously, he appears very quiet, but townie, to me. What's the case for him being a serious question mark on alignment?

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

That is absolutely true. Scum is very unlikely to name their scumbuddy there (even more so if they realized what Grujah was doing).

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

Galz I think you are misunderstanding me... or rather i mistyped...

I do not have a suspicion vote on him. In my response to Grujah I said I would like to know his alignment. And just now when I said I would take my vote off him, I meant to remove my vote from him being the one Grujah reveal's alignment of.

I do not find him scummy. I find him town. I-personally-wanted to know his alignment, but in regards of providing town the best info, it wouldn't be best to use it on a-birds. Sorry if that was confusing.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Galz I think you are misunderstanding me... or rather i mistyped...

I do not have a suspicion vote on him. In my response to Grujah I said I would like to know his alignment. And just now when I said I would take my vote off him, I meant to remove my vote from him being the one Grujah reveal's alignment of.

I do not find him scummy. I find him town. I-personally-wanted to know his alignment, but in regards of providing town the best info, it wouldn't be best to use it on a-birds. Sorry if that was confusing.

Sorry, bit drunk, but my question wasn't just to you (I just quoted since you were most current), but to everyone who has put Abirds on #3 or #7 of Grujah's questionnaire... Why? I just have a stronger town read on him personally than most here, although I admit I forgive lurkiness as more town than scum (based on past results). I just don't think I've seen a case on him that shows why he's scum outside of that reason - so I'm curious if there is one?

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Galz, you think lurkiness is a slight town tell because scum is afraid of doing it too much or what?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Galz, you think lurkiness is a slight town tell because scum is afraid of doing it too much or what?

I find it a slight town tell because in the history of f.DS lurkers have by and far been town, not scum. There have been TWO lurker scum that really jump to mind: Glooble and MAYBE Young_Nick. Ever other instance has been town.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 64  All

Page created in 1.761 seconds with 20 queries.