Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 166048 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Who would strangle? I mean its a brutal way to kill, would a town-aligned vigilante STRANGLE someone? I mean seems most probable, but also weird!

I misread that also, that clears the confusion regarding cults killing people all of a sudden. Good.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile

Voltgloss: post please
Captain_Frisk: post please
Grujah: I don't know
Eevee: Scummy for arguments on eHunt
Robz888: Still okay with lynching him
yuma: townish
ftl: also townish
Galzria: slightly town.
angrybirds: slightly town
sparky5856: noread
Morgrim7: What are your reads on me?
Axxle: Scummy
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile

Who would strangle? I mean its a brutal way to kill, would a town-aligned vigilante STRANGLE someone? I mean seems most probable, but also weird!

I misread that also, that clears the confusion regarding cults killing people all of a sudden. Good.

Yeah, depends on flavor. Knife to the back doesn't seem like a vig either.

Really, naively I would expect a vig flavor would also be someone getting shot execution-style, or maybe hanged, or something. So maybe flavor-wise we should guess at 2 sks, but it's sort of a weak implication, flavor-tells are iffy.

Anyway, it doesn't matter at the moment I think. Vig shouldn't claim, SKs want to shoot Mafia/Werewolves anyway, mafia want to lynch both SKs and Vigs, meh.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

@morgrim - it's weekend time, where I am in phone/ pad lurk mode.  I have some rl gamers coming over - so unlikely to see any real content from me until Sunday evening.

Good catch ftl - that does seem more plausible than cults.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

A read on you is difficult, I find. You're playing way more townie than in many of your other games... scumhunting, posting lists, not quickhammering as soon as you can. You voted for insomniac pretty early and he was scum. But in those many other games you were town, and now you're playing differently and so maybe you're scum overcompensating and trying to be way too superficially townish?

I would be sad if that is true, but I don't know how to exclude it. I hope that we have an investigative role that will at some point either clear you or lead to your lynch, or that at some point you have something to claim which would clear you. If we never find out more about you via power roles, I think we'll have to lynch you at some point before it gets to lylo, just because "playing differently than all those other games where you were town" seems like a pretty solid scumtell. But I don't want to because, well, your posts on D1 seemed pretty townish, all things considered. And I don't want f.ds to basically make a policy where once you play a few games as town you're locked into a personality or else people will think you're scummy.

So yeah, those are my reads on you. Based on this one game, mild to strong townread. Based on meta, a little bit of confusion because I've never gotten reads like this off of you even when you *were* town, so I'm not sure what to make of it. Definitely not interested in lynching you at this time.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile

A read on you is difficult, I find. You're playing way more townie than in many of your other games... scumhunting, posting lists, not quickhammering as soon as you can. You voted for insomniac pretty early and he was scum. But in those many other games you were town, and now you're playing differently and so maybe you're scum overcompensating and trying to be way too superficially townish?

I would be sad if that is true, but I don't know how to exclude it. I hope that we have an investigative role that will at some point either clear you or lead to your lynch, or that at some point you have something to claim which would clear you. If we never find out more about you via power roles, I think we'll have to lynch you at some point before it gets to lylo, just because "playing differently than all those other games where you were town" seems like a pretty solid scumtell. But I don't want to because, well, your posts on D1 seemed pretty townish, all things considered. And I don't want f.ds to basically make a policy where once you play a few games as town you're locked into a personality or else people will think you're scummy.

So yeah, those are my reads on you. Based on this one game, mild to strong townread. Based on meta, a little bit of confusion because I've never gotten reads like this off of you even when you *were* town, so I'm not sure what to make of it. Definitely not interested in lynching you at this time.
Thanks!
hmmm, thats interesting.... wish I could do something about that.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

I think he's getting all his trolling done in RMM2.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

It's either Insomniac or eHunt who's scum.

Hey I was right!

eHunt is innocent.

Hey I was right!

That's two of my three big thoughts of my giant post, with the last one being that Eevee is scum. Hmmm...... I won't jump into anything yet though, seeing that we have like 10 days to make up our minds.

Very vague reasons for deaths, although I suppose that adds to the fun of the game. All three of them were very obvious targets. I was gonna go back and reanalyze O since he seemed so certain eHunt was scum, but now I don't have to apparently. He seems to have been a Major Arcana role too. But I can't find anywhere what his specific role means... or are we not supposed to know yet?

We have a cult in this game? I didn't even know what that meant until I looked it up, sounds dangerous to everyone if they aren't eradicated fast enough. So now everyone has to worry about four opposing parties? Awesome sauce.

But wait, I looked it up on Mafia Scum and cultists can't kill? I found something called a Cultafia though, that can both kill and recruit. This MUST be the other Major Arcana role if there are cults in this game (also consider that I can't find cults in the Minor Arcana list). If the Werewolves didn't kill, it's very likely that the Ace of Wands is in this game, aka, the Werewolves targeted the SK and he didn't die. Interesting.

I also remember that the host mentioned there's AT LEAST one SK, there could be more than one (as ftl mentioned), and one of them is the Ace of Wands. How would Werewolves kill? Clawed to death? Eaten alive? I lack imagination.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Werewolves usually claw people to death, yes.

The current consensus is that there is no cult, the religious stuff was just because O was a priestess.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

If the Werewolves didn't kill, it's very likely that the Ace of Wands is in this game, aka, the Werewolves targeted the SK and he didn't die.

Well, there could be other explanations.
1) Werewolves targeted a mafia, and Insomniac the mafia doctor saved his scumbuddy.
2) Werewolves targeted a major arcana which was bulletproof
3) The werewolf that was doing the kill got roleblocked. (Eight of cups, Queen of Pentacles, Eight of Swords all have roleblocking powers.)
4) The target was either saved by a Ninja Doctor (OK, that would require us to have rolled all 3 possible doctors) or by a jailkeeper (Eight of swords).

I would laugh so hard if we still had a ninja doctor. It's possible!

All of the above are plausible. If there were FOUR potential kills going around, it's not surprising that at least one of them got blocked due to either a roleblock, a doctoring, or hitting a bulletproof.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

Ah yes, I just reread the day so far more thoroughly and just remembered that Insomniac was a doctor. His mafia friend may have been targeted. I also forgot about roleblockers. Anyways, too many possibilities to think about, so I won't think about it too hard. How many anti-town roles could there be? 2/3 mafia players, 2/3 werewolves, one SK, one possibly extra SK/Cultafia...

Cultafia sounds highly unlikely now due to the fact that there would be five total factions. I'm just gonna hunt for the mafia/werewolves. That sounds basic enough to be good for me.

Getting a huge town vibe from ftl, being helpful with the killing speculation and all.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Kinda drunk. Ok, now, this is very important, and I'll give all details later. Butm need answer, from all players, to these question:

1) What do you think of Morgrim?
2) What do you think of shark_bait/Grujah?
3) Who is the most likely scum in this town (exclude Grujah)?
4) Can you give me an answer to Pop Quiz (Right now, who is your "Wanna lynch" "would support lynch" "will not lynch"
5) Your ideas on whom killed who last night
6) If you were Vigilante of sorts last night, whom would you target and, more importantly, WHY? (Kinda worthless cuz you know aligments of some dead people now, but do me a favor)

I promise this will be of great use.
Everyone answer.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

5) explain - which faction killed whom (SK, WWs, Mafias, possible Vig)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

3) must be a single person, also.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

4) of course you "can" give an answer, but here I ask that you do.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Oh, and for completion's sake:
7) Who's alignment would you most be interested in (exclude Grujah).

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Guess it's only fair that I answer first

1) Morg is more involved than usually. It's good, and I actually think he'd be different scum
2) Town obv.
3) ftl
4) Want: angrybirds, ftl Would: everyone else Not: Eevee, Grujah
5) Vig killed O. WWs killed Ins, Mafia killed shaeye. SK doubled on somebody or was stopped.
6) O. Cuz it was ehunt's dying wish.
7) ftl's

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

1) He is Morgrim. I DON'T KNOW. HE IS COMPLEX >___<
2) I previously pegged Grujah as scum before my novel of a post, for his unwillingness to read back in the thread. Let's see, he defended O, supported an eHunt lynch, my initial thought points more towards bad than good, but the day is still young, that can change.
3) The 133rd Pokemon.
4) Doing this in the end since I want all of these bulletpoints to be short. XD
5) Hmmm good question. A SK probably killed Insomniac HEY I just had a thought. By Grujah:

Scum Insom claiming doc doesn't really make sense cuz SK or other team will just kill him. And Insomniac setting himself up to die N1, after everything?

What if multiple teams targeted Insomniac? Though, wouldn't there be flavor hinting towards such? Either way, mafia probably killed shraeye. O... um... a 2nd SK is my guess.
6) O probably.
7) Captain Frisk.

Wanna lynch:
Eevee

Would support lynch:
Captain_Frisk
Grujah
Robz888
angrybirds

Can I have an iffy catergory?:
Axxle
Galzria
Morgrim
sparky5856

Will NOT lynch:
Voltgloss
ftl
yuma

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Too drunk to focus on questions, but...

I like this Morgrim. Could be scum, but we can find out through investigation hopefully. Not worth lynching now.

Gruj is like, most obvscum ever (I keeed - no read)

Axxle scummiest ITT

Would lynch Axxle, dunno who else. Nobody I wouldn't lynch.

I think scum killed Insomniac - well, WW's knew he wasn't a WW, so he was a doctor or Mafia (or both, LOL), so absolutely worth killing. But I guess it wasn't a WW kill scene? So SK? I don't know. Vig killing possible Doctor seems ridiculous. So SK kills Insomniac.

Vig probably kills O, sheeping eHunt so the town doesn't have to deal with his antics today. That leaves Mafia to kill Shraeye.

What questions have I missed? I don't know. Will answer more after.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Oh, I would like to know Voltgloss's alignment because even though he's never won he scares me more than any other player.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

@Gruj

Will answer tomorrow

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Kinda drunk. Ok, now, this is very important, and I'll give all details later. Butm need answer, from all players, to these question:

What I said in my post: playing differently than usual, in a good way, but perhaps playing differently is a scumtell. I hope I don't have to make this decision at lylo, but while there's still time I'm happy leaving him alive.

Shark - said basically nothing memorable while he was here.
Gruj - lots of talk of morgrim. Townread on eevee after eevee accuses him of something... and then votes for him a few posts later. Tells vigs to kill morgrim?

Thinks ehunt shouldn't have claimed at L-1. In general thinks people shouldn't claim at L-1? Votes shraeye when there's two docclaims. Thought ehunt was lying and not insomniac when push came to shove. Would rather kill axxle instead of O (another bad call - O was scum. But not scum aligned with insomniac!) Eventually voted for ehunt.

...yeah, quite scummy. Defended scum, attacked people who are now confirmed town, killed a townie. Some of them might be genuine bad reads of course, lord knows everyone has lots of terrible reads in this game, but maybe some of them were just not wanting to bus his scumbuddy D1.

Not sure. Will need to go back and
a) see who was on the ehunt wagon
b) see who was suspected by the people who are now confirmed town (ehunt, shraeye)

and start from there. If there's anyone at the intersection of all 3 of those, then that's my top pick.

Let's see. The last place where I find shraeye posting a scumlist is when he says "angrybirds, Eevee, Galzria, and sharkbait/Grujah. " and votes Eevee.
Those still alive on the ehunt wagon are "Galzria, Robz888, yuma, Voltgloss, Eevee, Grujah, Axxle" .
Of the people still alive, ehunt said "robz scummy, cf softscum for disappearing"
No intersection. Grujah, Eevee, Robz are the top picks. Can't pick between them without rereading all three... ..oh, hell, might as well do that now, I've got time, and I just reread you.

Robz - meh, hasn't posted in FAR too long.
Eevee - started the ehunt wagon! Jumped off of it as soon as the claim happened. Was convinced to go back on it by insomniac's claim.

Robz scummier.

Still need to reread to see whether there were people egging on the ehunt wagon but not on it.

4) Can you give me an answer to Pop Quiz (Right now, who is your "Wanna lynch" "would support lynch" "will not lynch"

Ooh, putting me on the spot. Well,  "Wanna lynch:" You, actually. Vote: Grujah .  "Would support lynch:" Eevee, Galz, Robz, yuma, volt, axxle. "Would not lynch:" me, angrybirds. Hmm, and sparky I guess. And maybe not morgrim.

Mafia killed shraeye. Two SKs or an SK and a Vig killed O and Insomniac.

6) If you were Vigilante of sorts last night, whom would you target and, more importantly, WHY? (Kinda worthless cuz you know aligments of some dead people now, but do me a favor)

O. I was going to sheep ehunt's death reads, like he asked. After the night ended, they were so good (O and Ins scum) that I'm even doing that for his more minor reads.

I promise this will be of great use.
Everyone answer.

Says the scum who wants to know everyone's suspicions so you know who to daykill.

Oh hey. Any scum's, really! Or the experienced players. Or the active players. Probably Galz or Axxle. Probably Galz, since Axxle had his weird softclaim. I'll say Galz.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

I look forward to the reason for this questionnaire.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile

Eh, I participated for the heck of it, needed to organize my brain more. I do find it intriguing that Grujah's lynch list is nearly opposite that of mine.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

Kinda drunk.  Ok, now, this is off the top of my head, and I'll give all details later.  But I'll answer, from the heart, to these questions.

Most town I've ever seen him.  I think scum Morgrim would have stuck to his old ways.  Or he's the SK.

Lurker to the nth degree.  Very nice pro-town questions though.

I'd have to look over everything again, instinct says angrybirds.

Wanna lynch: none.
Would support lynch: anyone but Morgrim.  No one else has struck me as so pro town I wouldn't lynch.  I'd need convincing for most people though.
Will not lynch: Morgrim.

Shraeye killed by Mafia by flavor.
Insomniac killed by SK by flavor
O killed by The Hanged Man by flavor. (or vig or second SK)

Definitely someone on the wagon: O, Galzria, Robz888, yuma, Voltgloss, Eevee, Grujah, Axxle
I actually trusted O, a lot.  I probably would have targeted Robz, because I really don't remember much from him.

The person who is the most benefit if they're town, and the most detriment if they're scum.  And that person is... Galz, as always.

I hope this will be of great use.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 64  All

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 20 queries.