Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165903 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (ALL NIGHT ACTIONS RECEIVED, PROCESSING)
« Reply #950 on: August 24, 2012, 03:31:13 pm »

So thread is open or what?

Either way, this was the best night 1 for town in the history of mafia here!

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 24, 2012, 03:31:38 pm »

Cults (?), Werewolves, Mafia, and Serial Killers?  This is going to be a fast game.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 24, 2012, 03:32:25 pm »

Cults (?), Werewolves, Mafia, and Serial Killers?  This is going to be a fast game.
Cults don't usually kill though? Maybe he was asked to join and he declined?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 24, 2012, 03:48:25 pm »

Guys, I don't think the thread is open yet. We don't have a 'day 2 start' post or a 'thread is open' post.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Bah, that was edited in! OK, open then.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Well done to eHunt for drawing out two scum with his death, O and insomniac! So if you're still reading this (and I bet you are), give yourself a ghostly pat on the back! O was a scum major arcana, too!

OK, so according to the flavor, mafia killed shraeye, a serial killer killed Insomniac... but that would leave werewolves killing O which is impossible because O was werewolf. Maybe O got into a fight with another Major Arcana and got his own death reflected back at him? There's no werewolf-flavored kill, maybe Insomniac doctored whoever the Werewolf kill targeted.

...the funny thing is, O and insomniac weren't even on the same team, so there was no coaching going on. Lol. Ins looking scummy for not claiming suit/card/full role immediately was valid.

Let's keep scumhunting yesterday's eHunt wagon. That place looks like it was filled with scum. Who hammered? ...oh, insomniac. OK, that's unhelpful. FoS: Galzria, Robz, yuma, voltgloss, eevee, grujah, axxle .

Especially Robz, because eHunt called him out before dying. And the people who were defending O at the end of the day yesterday. Robz, Axxle, Grujah, who do you suspect and why?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Personally, I need to go back and reread. All my D1 scum reads based on eHunt's flip are dead.

Well, I'm still highly suspicious of Axxle. Guess I'll do two rereads: One to scumhunt in general, and one to scumhunt with a bias against Axxle. ;D

No, really though, I know eHunt didn't like his wagon, but where does Axxle stand in relation to how O felt? Or Insomniac? Any protection going on? (If they were both going for the throat on that I'll have to *Mostly* clear him, although SK he could be).
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

It's a good thing we didn't go down the route of double-doctor-protection.  That would have ultimately played right into the Mafia's hands.  I need to reread the discussion of that concept.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

Well, good thing we had a highly scum-killing night, because uh, guys, we lynched the doctor. The town doctor. That's... a new low.

To me, Insomniac's claim looked more credible, but it's clear that was just, like, a really good fake out on Insomniac's part.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile

Initial thoughts

Part of me wants to try to defend myself and those on the lynch wagon for choosing the "all things being equal" lynch target out of ehunt and insomniac. But I don't know if I really should and I don't think I will.

However, I do think that out of all of us on the wagon, I would put Eevee at the top of my suspicious list. He took a lot of convincing to get on the ehunt lynch. And once he was on the ehunt wagon he still expressed suspicion of insomniac (perhaps he knew that insomniac was mafia and wanted to get cred.)

As for the shraeye death: myself, Grujah and Axxle all had implicated him as potentially scum partners with ehunt. Neither ended up being scum. So both grujah and axxle are suspicious. But they did the exact same thing I did, and I am town. The biggest difference is that the other two were very specific that they thought shraeye was scum-partners, I alluded a lot more. I don't know if that makes a difference

Axxle is also pretty suspicious. His unvote reaction to the two doctors idea was ... odd.... as was his attempt to start a shraeye wagon. I also expressed mid day yesterday that he would be worth looking into more fully day 2.

Last question:
Do we think that any other deaths were prevented by power roles? I would think it is likely.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

There wasn't a werewolf-flavor kill, so it seems quite possible that the werewolf kill was thwarted somehow.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

What I want to know is:  why the Mafia didn't target Axxle, who had softclaimed a power role.  With ehunt lynched, and with Insom being Mafia himself, if the Mafia wanted to kill a power role their logical target was Axxle. 

A few possible answers:

A.  Axxle is Mafia
B.  Axxle is not Mafia, but the Mafia players felt shraeye was more likely to be opposing scum than Axxle
C.  Axxle is not Mafia, but the Mafia players felt they could get Axxle lynched today and preferred to do that rather than nightkill him

Axxle being Mafia could also explain why there was no WW kill:  the Werewolves had good reason to target Axxle (as a likely power role and/or likely opposing scummember), but Insom Doctored him.

I have to finish rereading to see if an Axxle-Insom pairing fits Day 1.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

I have to finish rereading to see if an Axxle-Insom pairing fits Day 1.
I'll save you the time: No.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

No werewolf kill probably means it was doctored by insom, Werewolf-Immune Serial Killer seems likely too.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

If it was doctored by insom, we probably don't need to worry about it. WW will kill their target some other day.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Wolves, who did you target yesterday? We promise to lynch him today.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile

Eevee, oh, gee. He hammered, he made huge arguments against eHunt, which turned out to be the doctor, and hasn't shown up, even though he is online now. Extremely suspicious. FoS: Eevee.

BTW, I'm still okay with a Robz lynch.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Insomniac hammered, not eevee, I think. Eevee was the L-3 vote maybe?

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile

oh i'm thinking of a different game  :-[

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

Eevee, oh, gee. He hammered, he made huge arguments against eHunt, which turned out to be the doctor, and hasn't shown up, even though he is online now. Extremely suspicious. FoS: Eevee.

BTW, I'm still okay with a Robz lynch.
Yeah this has nothing to do with this game. Or any other game actually, but especially not this.  ;D

I'm online, but I'm quite confused. I feel we got really lucky, but I also feel I have no idea what to do next. Axxle surviving the night looks relatively scummy, especially considering how the "missing death" is probably a scum player.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Well, missing death could also be due to a roleblock.

I think I'd be a bit hesitant to lynch due to a 'missing death' because, well, we had 3 deaths, maybe it's only the flavor of one of them that's weird.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I don't know what to think.  :(
Do we think that any other deaths were prevented by power roles? I would think it is likely.
Maybe, probably.

Do we think that any NKs were performed by the town?

Mad, I tell you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

I would guess one of those is probably a vig. Looks like mafia + vig + serial killer, and werewolves missed.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

It seems plausible that we have vigs around. 2 of the 3 deaths were of people who would be pretty likely scum (O, Ins) to a vig.  Either of them could have been a vig.

Flavor-wise, I think the machine gun bullets have to be mafia, and the knife might be either SK or Vig but probably SK, and the weird cult stuff around O.

...OHHH!!! WAIT!!! I've been misreading O's flavor.

"O has been found strangled to death, amidst the trappings of a savage religion. Entrails, sacrificial implements, that kind of stuff."

O was found STRANGLED. The 'savage religion' trappings were just the fact that he was werewolf high priestess.

So our 3 deaths are:
A mafia stabbed in the back
A townie machine-gunned to death
A werewolf strangled

I guess if I had to guess, the machine-gun is obviously mafia, the knife is probably SK and the strangulation is probably vig but those two could be flipped around. Or maybe we have 2 SKs and no vig. There's no werewolf-flavored kill.

Obviously, if we have a vig, they should not claim.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 64  All

Page created in 2.075 seconds with 20 queries.