Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165931 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #900 on: August 22, 2012, 11:29:55 pm »

Insom probably scum. Plan is op without blockers. Also can't get over O coaching his roleclaim. Still, only clear scum itt is O.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 22, 2012, 11:30:18 pm »

We have a confirmed SK, right?
True.  That's three shots.  Not nearly as breaking as I thought.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 22, 2012, 11:31:05 pm »

(by "plan" I mean "two doctors protecting each other") O is scum but he's right that this setup would be imba

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 22, 2012, 11:32:19 pm »

We have a confirmed SK, right?
True.  That's three shots.  Not nearly as breaking as I thought.

But would have to overlap another scum faction without prior planning and even though both have incentive to target other instead. It's just implausible. Insomniac probably lying.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 22, 2012, 11:33:17 pm »

Nobody else find O's coaching insomniacs roleclaim scummy?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 22, 2012, 11:34:01 pm »

Insom probably scum. Plan is op without blockers. Also can't get over O coaching his roleclaim. Still, only clear scum itt is O.
Three shots, queen of pentacles is a mafia roleblocker, major arcana can probably do whatever the f they want.. even if we somehow knew you both were town doctors, plan would not be op. especially so given how the first doc cant even know there is a 2nd one before claiming (and if there isnt, it's bye bye doctor).

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 22, 2012, 11:34:05 pm »

One thing in ehunt's favor is that he claimed suit/number imediatelly and wasn't counterclaimed. But still, WHY CLAIM DOC. At all. And at that time.

Why is it implausible? Its right there in the setup, sigh.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 22, 2012, 11:35:14 pm »

Nobody else find O's coaching insomniacs roleclaim scummy?
i found the way ins claimed scummy.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 22, 2012, 11:36:59 pm »

Cayvie said she'd rebalance if setup is imba. I already explained why I claimed, can't find explanation while phone posting.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 22, 2012, 11:38:34 pm »

I can explain my "coaching": I was so excited to find out that my original scumread on Ehunt was true that I went a bit overboard.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 22, 2012, 11:39:37 pm »

" (I'm claiming now because if I wait till last minute it's going to be doctor-lynch or no-lynch.)"

That's why you claimed?

Thats a stupid reason to claim doc.

And YOU know it after MVI. You did everything in your power to hide PPS.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 22, 2012, 11:41:12 pm »

I'm having trouble understanding why scum-Insom would lie in the way he did.  Wasn't this analyzed already?  And the consensus that, if Insom is scum, he would have no reason to claim Doctor?  What, if anything, has changed to render that analysis incorrect?

In fact, didn't ehunt himself say after Insom claimed that he (Insom) was probably telling the truth?  ehunt, what has happened to change your mind?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 22, 2012, 11:41:54 pm »

Axxle; I'm still leaving him off my lynch-list because of the soft-claim he made.  Galzria in #669 puts an argument down that Axxle's softclaim was a really anti-town move; I agree that it may have been a bad play, but I'm still thinking Axxle is on the town's side.

Eevee; has recently upped post count a lot.  Comes up with a false statement in #545 (he says that he never called for lynching people in the wrong suit),  Explanation comes in #582 but rereading his original statement
Wands and pentacles have 1 scum more than the cups and swords (4/14 and 5/14). Should we perhaps lynch a wand or a pentacle day1 then?
it still feels like he is supporting this lynch, although he claims he was only asking if it's a good idea.  I think it's the word "perhaps" that makes it feel like question+opinion.  Since then he has also been a (much more silent) proponent of finding an alternative to ehunt/Insomniac.  A curious note is that he supports finding alternatives in #727 and was on both the Insom wagon, then switched to ehunt with an explanation (Galzria's?) of why Insomniac's claim is probably not a fakeclaim.  Are you still for finding alternatives, Eevee?

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 22, 2012, 11:43:05 pm »

I can explain my "coaching": I was so excited to find out that my original scumread on Ehunt was true that I went a bit overboard.
overboard = tell insom what role to claim? How did you know he wasn't ten of wands? If you believed I was lying, you'd think that was likely.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 22, 2012, 11:43:46 pm »

Scum Insom claiming doc doesn't really make sense cuz SK or other team will just kill him. And Insomniac setting himself up to die N1, after everything?

Unless he wanted for us to go for this "PLAN", and him just stabbing ehunt in the end, but not saying anything until I said it now.. reeeally?

I'm basiclly here torn against lynch badclaim ehunt or try to push for breaking strategy.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: August 22, 2012, 11:44:12 pm »

(in fairness to O can't find the coach cause phone posting, my last argument may be wrong)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 22, 2012, 11:44:40 pm »

I didn't claim ninja right away because I was doing a stream of conciousness thing and the ninja part didn't really matter.

Unvote although I don't like that its sooo close to deadline with not a real chance at any other lynch.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 22, 2012, 11:45:30 pm »

Eight - Ninja Doctor
Ten - Doctor

these are the only town doctors and are Wands. I doubt we have two Wands doctors that we managed to run wagons on D1.

vote: ehunt

EVERYONE GO BACK AND LOOK. EHUNT JUST CLAIMED I TOLD INSOMNIAC WHAT NUMBER TO CLAIM. I DID NOT DO THIS IN THIS SLIGHTEST.

EHUNT IS CAUGHT LYING SCUM.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 22, 2012, 11:45:42 pm »

(in fairness to O can't find the coach cause phone posting, my last argument may be wrong)
Yeah, I'm not sure there was any coaching going on.  If there was, it didn't pop out to me as looking scummy.  I'll look it over very shortly.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 22, 2012, 11:46:34 pm »

Scum Insom claiming doc doesn't really make sense cuz SK or other team will just kill him. And Insomniac setting himself up to die N1, after everything?

Unless he wanted for us to go for this "PLAN", and him just stabbing ehunt in the end, but not saying anything until I said it now.. reeeally?

I'm basiclly here torn against lynch badclaim ehunt or try to push for breaking strategy.

I agree that insomniacs claim is weird, scum or town. How do you feel about O's coaching? Do you think it's weird that insomniac shifted claim from doc to ninja doc?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 22, 2012, 11:46:59 pm »

Eight - Ninja Doctor
Ten - Doctor

these are the only town doctors and are Wands. I doubt we have two Wands doctors that we managed to run wagons on D1.

Hey man, no need to get excited.  Somebody said that Insomniac should be more specific.  Ehunt felt super-persecuted because he was super-persecuted.  Maybe it wasn't you saying this, but I can forgive him making that mistake.

EVERYONE GO BACK AND LOOK. EHUNT JUST CLAIMED I TOLD INSOMNIAC WHAT NUMBER TO CLAIM. I DID NOT DO THIS IN THIS SLIGHTEST.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 22, 2012, 11:47:45 pm »

Eight - Ninja Doctor
Ten - Doctor

Already said I didn't remember exact wording of the coach and can't look it up on phone.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 22, 2012, 11:47:49 pm »

Eight - Ninja Doctor
Ten - Doctor

Hey man, no need to get excited.  Somebody said that Insomniac should be more specific.  Ehunt felt super-persecuted because he was super-persecuted.  Maybe it wasn't you saying this, but I can forgive him making that mistake.

well that's awkwardly placed.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 22, 2012, 11:49:24 pm »

Eight - Ninja Doctor
Ten - Doctor

well that's awkwardly placed.

bullshit. you just have to be his scumbuddy if you believe this. He's pretending to be so convinced I'm scum (or is so convinced I'm the other scum team) that he's wlling to lie to try to get a wagon on me.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 22, 2012, 11:50:07 pm »

I cannot look up old posts because I am phone posting from a train station. I apologize for mis-summarizing O's coach. The rest of my case on O stands.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 64  All

Page created in 1.761 seconds with 20 queries.