Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165607 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #875 on: August 22, 2012, 09:58:23 pm »

A) Both are telling the truth. You guys realize that that means we WIN? Like, almost impossible to lose? I think there is no strongman scum (expect maybe Major Arcanas) and they can just protect each other during the whole game and are impossible to kill and can just lynch everyone else.
(didn't read all, maybe this has been said)
Holy f*king crap.  Tell us this earlier!

UNVOTE
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 22, 2012, 10:00:20 pm »

There's two scumteams, and the doc only protects against one shot. If the two scumteams shoot the same doc, he'll die.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 22, 2012, 10:01:39 pm »

There's two scumteams, and the doc only protects against one shot. If the two scumteams shoot the same doc, he'll die.
There would have to be coordination though, there might be tells during the day
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 22, 2012, 10:03:04 pm »

Why not:

Vote: shraeye

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 22, 2012, 10:05:57 pm »

there are other things that can kill the autowin too, like mafia roleblocker.  And if one of the doctors is actually the mafia doc, then we just gave mafia the win.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 22, 2012, 10:06:23 pm »

there are other things that can kill the autowin too, like mafia roleblocker.  And if one of the doctors is actually the mafia doc, then we just gave mafia the win.
this isn't looking as good.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 22, 2012, 10:11:29 pm »

A) Both are telling the truth. You guys realize that that means we WIN? Like, almost impossible to lose? I think there is no strongman scum (expect maybe Major Arcanas) and they can just protect each other during the whole game and are impossible to kill and can just lynch everyone else.
(didn't read all, maybe this has been said)
Holy f*king crap.  Tell us this earlier!

UNVOTE
uhhhhh, remember how I said I disliked tons of posts per hour because noise hides important stuff?

If ehunt is mafia. My day 2 suspicion will be on shraeye for trying to get us to focus away from the two wagons and for all the reasons I was suspicious of him earlier in the day.
Here's why town should stop looking at either of these two wagons.  First, there are people who think Insomniac is telling the truth, and there are people who think ehunt is telling the truth.  It's possible that everyone is correct about their respective horse.

Second,
C) Insomniac is scum but gets NK'd by the other faction because they don't know if he's A or B.
This is equally true of ehunt now that Insomniac's claimed.  Either he's telling the truth and all factions will be thinking about NK'ing him this evening.  Or he is lying and is actually mafia/werewolf/SK.  Regardless of what faction he's with, there are two factions who don't know that he's scum, and they will probaly NK him anyway because either way it's rival scum or a town PR.

Both doctor-claimers are really dead tonight, so why would we help scum factions by killing them before the night even starts?  Plus, if they both trust the other, they may be able to protect eachother and still be helpful to town later. Leave the doctor-claimers for the night time and we can reassess if they don't die tonight.  For now, I want to lynch somebody who I feel is scummy, and neither Insomniac or ehunt are on that list anymore.

This was said, just not as cogently.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 22, 2012, 10:12:43 pm »

And, like, what if one of them dies. Then we basically have to lynch the other and possibly waste a day doing that. And we'll have just given scum a free night, as long as they can figure out a way to kill one of them, with roleblockers or major arcana or whatever.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 22, 2012, 10:14:52 pm »

And, like, what if one of them dies. Then we basically have to lynch the other and possibly waste a day doing that. And we'll have just given scum a free night, as long as they can figure out a way to kill one of them, with roleblockers or major arcana or whatever.

Aha, yeah we wouldn't want to give scum a free night.  I agree, so let's lynch a doctor now and give them a free night...wait...

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 22, 2012, 10:25:22 pm »

OK let's nolynch then, shraeye

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: August 22, 2012, 10:51:32 pm »

Two docs = win is a solid argument, although I guess it means we should trust insom less. It's also a little scummy that he forgot to disclose ninja doctor till O coached him into it. Still I will protect Insom tonight if I'm alive; he should protect me.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 22, 2012, 10:52:23 pm »

OK let's nolynch then, shraeye
No, clearly a lynch is still a good goal, I just think it shouldn't be either doctor claim.  Sorry that you were on the receiving end of some bitterness that's been building up, I always try to restrain bitterness and stay level-headed, tonight was not a success in the level-headed department.  I was frustrated that I had been saying it was bad idea to lynch the doctors and give scum a free night, hoping that the doctors could believe eachother's claim and really help town, and I caught a lot of flak for it.  Finally, it seems like people are starting to say "hey, free nights for scum are bad" instead of "I trust Insomniac, therefore vote ehunt, when he flips scum let's lynch shraeye."  Well i'm glad people are starting to arrive on the page I've been hanging out on for a while, but if we had been here earlier tonight, we'd have that much more chance to pull together to lynch someone.  I'm still going to try for a scum lynch today, we have a little more than 16 hours, some of which I'll have to sleep for.

I'm going to try to make some post-doctor-fiasco thoughts on people, mostly to see if any previous reads need to be updated (I'm sure they do).  Until then, a list of people who have featured on my lynch-list are angrybirds, Eevee, Galzria, and sharkbait/Grujah.  I'm sticking with
vote: eevee
for now.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 22, 2012, 10:54:34 pm »

... two docs = win is inane. Roleblockers (there are roleblockers right?), etc. it doesn't work

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 22, 2012, 10:54:47 pm »

Crap.  Who can we realistically lynch today?

Vote Count
Robz888 (1): Captain_Frisk
ehunt (8.): O, Axxle, Galzria, Robz888, yuma, Insomniac, Voltgloss, Eevee [L-1]
Insomniac (3): ftl, sparky5856, Morgrim7
O (1): ehunt
shraeye (2): Grujah, angrybirds
Eevee (1): shraeye

not voting (0):

with 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch.

Sorry guyz I was writing PMs for my game.

Morgrim?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 22, 2012, 10:55:06 pm »

... two docs = win is inane. Roleblockers (there are roleblockers right?), etc. it doesn't work
only one mafia roleblocker.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 22, 2012, 10:57:56 pm »

Two docs = win is a solid argument, although I guess it means we should trust insom less. It's also a little scummy that he forgot to disclose ninja doctor till O coached him into it. Still I will protect Insom tonight if I'm alive; he should protect me.

True, he claimed doctor at first, not ninja doctor.

I can't say I trust either of you docs. Or shraeye.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 22, 2012, 10:59:21 pm »

ah, look who's still pushing the doctor lynch...

@"no realistic wagons" folks: why not O?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 22, 2012, 11:16:38 pm »

So, anyone who unvoted:

1) You've just given Ehunt/Insomniac a reason to LIVE THROUGH THE REST OF THE GAME. If one of them is scum basically that means you want to give them an insta-win
2) You've just assumed that there both EXISTS a breaking strategy in this game and that you are WILLING TO USE IT.
3) You just assumed that there are no scum-based roles that can prevent this.
4) You just fell for the most moronic and bullshit trap ever played.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 22, 2012, 11:19:42 pm »

Angrybirds is a tough read.  I'm not getting major scumminess from him, but I just keep hearing things that don't sit right with me.  I've talked about some of this in #543.  He is also very very good at being vote #2 on people, this is probably a coincidence.  He was #2 on Galz until O voted elsewhere; #2 on Frisk briefly with ehunt; he was #2 on Insomniac with Axxle; #2 onto Eevee following me; #2 on me voting after Grujah did.  That's interesting.

more to come, but time is of the essence, so I'm posting as I'm writing these.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 22, 2012, 11:22:08 pm »

guys, roleblockers, both scum teams hitting the same guy, MAJOR ARCANA&their abilities, the downside of just handing mafia the win if we are wrong.. that plan just doesnt work! unvoting bexause of THE PLAN is.. not good play.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: August 22, 2012, 11:22:30 pm »

I'd rather do Axxle instead than O. His reaction to 2 docs was like "Mafia doesn't care about docs unless there is investigative role". And when I said the only thing that makes sense his like "WHY NOT SAY IT EARLIER".

Or ehunt. Ehunt is still a good lynch.
I am not convinced of his doctorness at all. Reveal time is IDIOTIC for a doc. Actually, doc is prolly the one that shouldn't reveal at all.
Plus, yeah, now I see that there are stuff that can screw up 2 docs. Worse being Ins is Mafia Doc, or RB, or doubleshot,

Ins calling Doc and O couching him into a suit was weird too. Quite. hmmm..

PPE: this was before O's post.
Also, if there is Town breaking stratagy, of course I am willing to use it.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 22, 2012, 11:23:22 pm »

So, anyone who unvoted:

1) You've just given Ehunt/Insomniac a reason to LIVE THROUGH THE REST OF THE GAME. If one of them is scum basically that means you want to give them an insta-win
2) You've just assumed that there both EXISTS a breaking strategy in this game and that you are WILLING TO USE IT.
3) You just assumed that there are no scum-based roles that can prevent this.
4) You just fell for the most moronic and bullshit trap ever played.
Well I think there's a strong strategy and am willing to use it.  I trust cayvie, so I bet there's a way to prevent it.  But preventable and easily prevantable are two seperate things.  I want them to live through day 1, and we can see if this strategy holds up and reassess later.  I think all 4 of those points are off target.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: August 22, 2012, 11:27:01 pm »

If one of them is scum basically that means you want to give them an insta-win
There is more than one scumfaction.  Both are going to try to break the protective bubble we've layed down.  It'll buy us time, but won't be an instant win since doctors only block one bullet.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: August 22, 2012, 11:27:24 pm »

shraeye... I haven't been online long enough to go back and take a long hard look at eevee like I would like... so for now I will say that he reads slight scummy (just off pure off the head feelings) but you will have to wait for a more in depth look til tomorrow.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: August 22, 2012, 11:27:42 pm »

We have a confirmed SK, right?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 64  All

Page created in 1.917 seconds with 20 queries.