Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165563 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #775 on: August 22, 2012, 07:00:11 pm »

Vote: eHunt

Hammered!

ITT: Axxle pretends to hammer
Bah, reaction test ruined.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 22, 2012, 07:00:49 pm »

Vote: eHunt

Hammered!

ITT: Axxle pretends to hammer

Incidentally, this may be a good tactic for preventing Morgrim hammers: Convince Morgrim the hammer already happened.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 22, 2012, 07:02:34 pm »

Yo, seriously.  Why are we lynching ehunt.  Do not do it.  He is as good as gone this night anyway, and it is very critical that we vote to kill scum.  People are saying ehunt is scummier than Insomniac and that may be true.  But he's not scummy, I'm pretty certain he is exactly what he claims to be.

as Sparky says, "we should vote to KILL SCUM".  Insomniac and ehunt aren't scum as far as I see it, and it will be a terrible mistake when either of them flip and we realize they are telling the truth.  Take a good hard look at the people on those lists.  Scum want to lynch those town PR badly.  We need to make them waste a night kill on that.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 22, 2012, 07:03:15 pm »

Yo, seriously.  Why are we lynching ehunt.  Do not do it.  He is as good as gone this night anyway, and it is very critical that we vote to kill scum.  People are saying ehunt is scummier than Insomniac and that may be true.  But he's not scummy, I'm pretty certain he is exactly what he claims to be.

as Sparky says, "we should vote to KILL SCUM".  Insomniac and ehunt aren't scum as far as I see it, and it will be a terrible mistake when either of them flip and we realize they are telling the truth.  Take a good hard look at the people on those lists.  Scum want to lynch those town PR badly.  We need to make them waste a night kill on that.

Shraeye after ehunt flips scum.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 22, 2012, 07:04:47 pm »

Why is he as good as gone? what incentive to scum have for lynching doctors? they want to lynch investigative roles.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: August 22, 2012, 07:05:36 pm »

People are saying that it is really unlikely to draw two town doctors and end up getting claims from both of them.  This is true, ONLY IF we look at that event occuring from the outset without any extra information given.  Like if this argument were made at post #50.

The question that we need to ask is "given that we did receive two claims and both are doctors, what is the likelihood that they are telling the truth?"  This is a completely different question than "how likely is it to draw two town doctors, and then pressure them both into claiming."  Conditional probability.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 22, 2012, 07:05:40 pm »

Why is he as good as gone? what incentive to scum have for lynching doctors? they want to lynch investigative roles.
Or scum, or just WIFOM him to a lynch tomorrow.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 22, 2012, 07:06:22 pm »

People are saying that it is really unlikely to draw two town doctors and end up getting claims from both of them.  This is true, ONLY IF we look at that event occuring from the outset without any extra information given.  Like if this argument were made at post #50.

The question that we need to ask is "given that we did receive two claims and both are doctors, what is the likelihood that they are telling the truth?"  This is a completely different question than "how likely is it to draw two town doctors, and then pressure them both into claiming."  Conditional probability.
eHunt says he was lurking because he was a doctor.  Terrible.  Everyone's a power role.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 22, 2012, 07:06:28 pm »

as Sparky says, "we should vote to KILL SCUM".  Insomniac and ehunt aren't scum as far as I see it, and it will be a terrible mistake when either of them flip and we realize they are telling the truth.  Take a good hard look at the people on those lists.  Scum want to lynch these town PR badly.  We need to make them waste a night kill on that.

In this post: Shraeye would rather continue to build more wagons and out more PR's, believing the most likely outcome of events to date are that we were dealt both town doctors, and managed to push both to claim as our first two wagons!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 22, 2012, 07:07:17 pm »

lynching investigative roles would be better for them than lynching a doctor, but lynching doctors is better than lynching VT.  BOTH ARE BAD FOR TOWN.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 22, 2012, 07:08:40 pm »

Assume if scum need to fakeclaim they will pick doctor 60% of the time (as it's the easiest goddamn fakeclaim)

we have 4+ scum prolly, IDK, conditional probability says one of these two is very likely scum versus picking two doctors.

Bam.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 22, 2012, 07:08:44 pm »

lynching investigative roles would be better for them than lynching a doctor, but lynching doctors is better than lynching VT.  BOTH ARE BAD FOR TOWN.
All VT are basically named town because they have a card suit and number.  Mafia will rarely if ever claim VT in this setup.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 22, 2012, 07:09:12 pm »

In this post: Shraeye would rather continue to build more wagons and out more PR's, believing the most likely outcome of events to date are that we were dealt both town doctors, and managed to push both to claim as our first two wagons!

Given that we had two claims of doctors, it is actually somewhat likely that we were dealt two doctors and sucked our way into pressuring them.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 22, 2012, 07:09:47 pm »

Given that we had two claims of doctors, it is actually somewhat likely that we were dealt two doctors and sucked our way into pressuring them.
Bus your scummate already shraeye, save some face.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 22, 2012, 07:10:33 pm »

No, it's really not, because remember scum like to fakeclaim doctor, and there are far more scum slots than doctor slots.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 22, 2012, 07:12:30 pm »

I guess I can understand the backlash that you guys are giving me for this stance, but how in the world could ehunt be my scumbuddy?  With this vociferous of a defense of him, I know that if he flips scum I'm as good as gone tomorrow.  But I fully believe in the truth of his claim.  I ain't voting for ehunt.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 22, 2012, 07:13:06 pm »

L - 1 with morgrim expressing willingness = bad news bears...

Please go after O next, not Insomniac.

No one answered my arg that fakeclaiming doc is bad  scum play with multiple scum factions

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 22, 2012, 07:13:43 pm »

No one answered my arg that fakeclaiming doc is bad  scum play with multiple scum factions
yes, yes we have.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 22, 2012, 07:14:17 pm »

I guess I can understand the backlash that you guys are giving me for this stance, but how in the world could ehunt be my scumbuddy?  With this vociferous of a defense of him, I know that if he flips scum I'm as good as gone tomorrow.  But I fully believe in the truth of his claim.  I ain't voting for ehunt.

because that leads to WIFOM and the only real thing we have is that you are steadfastly standing in his defense.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 22, 2012, 07:14:26 pm »

tell me one better fakeclaim eHunt.  Any at all.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: August 22, 2012, 07:14:46 pm »

Gotta go and can't keep up on phone. Wish Frisk was here to talk sense into people. I've voiced all my reads I think. Don't let O trick you twice.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 22, 2012, 07:15:30 pm »

I agree man, that's why I keep saying these aren't fakeclaims. #745 and Galz in #709 actually makes this argument but never applies it to ehunt for some reason.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 22, 2012, 07:15:47 pm »

tell me one better fakeclaim eHunt.  Any at all.

Vig

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 22, 2012, 07:15:55 pm »

Gotta go and can't keep up on phone. Wish Frisk was here to talk sense into people. I've voiced all my reads I think. Don't let O trick you twice.

Jesus christ stop trying to give them WIFOM i'm not your goddamn scumbuddy.

And I'm not tricking anyone, the argument against you is solid.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 22, 2012, 07:16:20 pm »

I agree man, that's why I keep saying these aren't fakeclaims. #745 and Galz in #709 actually makes this argument but never applies it to ehunt for some reason.
tell me one better fakeclaim shraeye.  Any at all.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 64  All

Page created in 1.592 seconds with 20 queries.