Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165693 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #750 on: August 22, 2012, 06:17:44 pm »

Day 1 deadline = Aug 23, 3 PM Forums Time
OP
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 22, 2012, 06:21:14 pm »

Honestly, is quite simple:

Compare the two claims from the perspective of:

Scum lying
Town telling the truth

See if you can reconcile eHunts claim with either of the above... It should be clear that both fit as possibilities. Now do the same for Insomniac... Only one that fits is town Insomniac. I've already spelled out why.

This leaves two outcomes:

Both are town, in which case we managed to force <i>the only two possible town doctor roles in the entire game</i> to claim D1,

OR

eHunt is scum and Insomniac is a deadman. (Well, he's a deadman regardless I suppose).

In any case, I have SUCH a hard time buying that:

A) Both Doctor roles were drawn
B) We found them both on our first two claims.

Not lynching one of these claims and instead pushing to force even more people to claim is fairly idiotic and borderline extreme scummy. And the logical lynch here is eHunt.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 22, 2012, 06:23:00 pm »

Quote from: sparky5856
f I'm correct, the first vote on Axxle. We all now know that this reason is rubbish to vote for someone, given that we are now on page 30 almost and we all have had plenty of opportunities to help out. With this massive a thread now, we should vote to KILL SCUM, not to kill unhelpful town. (If I play again, I gotta keep this thought in mind. I acted a similar way early on but I'm now rectifying myself. Eevee should have played multiple games by now and realized this.)
This is 100% absolutely INCORRECT.
I did not vote for Axxle for policy reasons. I voted for him because I thought he could have been of more help if he wanted but chose not to -> he was scum. I voted for him because I got a scum read on his behavior. Since, he has changed his ways, so I suppose he was just in a trolly mood in the beginning of this game.

Another section of your book about me I dont understand / agree with:

First you said I dont provide any content, ok. Then you quoted these two points from me:

"(Grujah) not reading back feels like an anti-town move from a townie to me."

"Generally I think posting drunk looks towny."

and say
Quote from: sparky
I already referred to both of these in my last post. Posting things that seem good to post because the "king of content per post" thinks the same?

What do you mean by this? You do not want me to state my opinions in my posts? What kind of content are you hoping for?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 22, 2012, 06:24:46 pm »

I think I get what Ehunt's doing here. He's tunnelling me hard so that when he flips scum there's WIFOM as to whether or not he tunneled his scumbuddy to make them look better.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 22, 2012, 06:26:36 pm »

Told you already I'd rather Insomiac, but with eHunt's behavior.......I dunno. Vote: Insomniac
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 22, 2012, 06:30:01 pm »

Not lynching one of these claims and instead pushing to force even more people to claim is fairly idiotic and borderline extreme scummy. And the logical lynch here is eHunt.
100% agree with the rest of your post, and people who vote for Insomniac atm (hint:sparky) should seriously read it with thought.

However, this is not as black and white as you say imo. I agree we might be better off just lynching ehunt, but fakeclaiming is actually quite risky for mafia here. 16 players and 52 cards, counterclaims are a very real threat (looks like bit less than 30%). Getting counterclaimed really sucks for mafia, because individual power roles are not as big of a deal here than they would be say in your standard two power role setup.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 22, 2012, 06:31:06 pm »

100% agree with the rest of your post, and people who vote for Insomniac atm (hint:sparky) should seriously read it with thought.

However, this is not as black and white as you say imo. I agree we might be better off just lynching ehunt, but fakeclaiming is actually quite risky for mafia here. 16 players and 52 cards, counterclaims are a very real threat (looks like bit less than 30%). Getting counterclaimed really sucks for mafia, because individual power roles are not as big of a deal here than they would be say in your standard two power role setup.

but he had to fakeclaim? I don't understand your point. If he didn't claim we'd just lynch him.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 22, 2012, 06:35:08 pm »

but he had to fakeclaim? I don't understand your point. If he didn't claim we'd just lynch him.
my point is, forcing people to claim is not as bad as it would be if we didnt have the cards. for scum, fakeclaiming is riskier here because they might actually get caught right away. for town, one individual power role (especially non-major arcana one) is less vital, so forcing the claims is also less detrimental.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 22, 2012, 06:37:24 pm »

Vote Count
Robz888 (2): Captain_Frisk, Morgrim7
ehunt (7): O, Axxle, Galzria, Robz888, yuma, Insomniac, Voltgloss [L-2]
Insomniac (4): angrybirds, ftl, sparky5856, Morgrim7 [L-5]
O (2): ehunt, Eevee
shraeye (1): Grujah
Eevee (1): shraeye

not voting (0):

with 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 22, 2012, 06:38:42 pm »

eHunt is at L-2? I'd vote for him now, if you want.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 22, 2012, 06:39:53 pm »

Me too, but everyone is still talking so dont see the need to hurry. Although it would be fun to be in a mafia wagon for once..

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 22, 2012, 06:40:03 pm »

You can hammer him Morgrim.  I believe in you.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 22, 2012, 06:40:59 pm »

I agree that counterclaimed would suck for scum in this situation, because at best it's a 1-1 trade, but not claiming anything and just getting lynched accomplished nothing for your scumfaction. Now, you could argue that it wasn't clear eHunt was going to get lynched, as he was only at L-3... But that argument holds true for both scum eHunt and town eHunt. Claiming then was just poor play (obviously he disagrees with me).

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 22, 2012, 06:41:37 pm »

my point is, forcing people to claim is not as bad as it would be if we didnt have the cards. for scum, fakeclaiming is riskier here because they might actually get caught right away. for town, one individual power role (especially non-major arcana one) is less vital, so forcing the claims is also less detrimental.

Eevee, your vote for me is currently implying you would like a wagon on me and end with me claiming. Is that what you wish?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 22, 2012, 06:44:42 pm »

I do not wish that O, just forgot it there.

Vote: ehunt, but I'd like to wait for sparky to answer my questions before anyone hammers.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: August 22, 2012, 06:45:09 pm »

Vote: ehunt, but I'd like to wait for sparky to answer my questions before anyone hammers.

OK

Mad, I tell you.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 22, 2012, 06:45:41 pm »

derp thats not what I meant we have morgrim here....

PPE: ZOMG MORGRIMS NOT HAMMERING@#!#@!@ OBVSCUM

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 22, 2012, 06:46:56 pm »

You can hammer him Morgrim.  I believe in you.

OK
My world is shattered.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 22, 2012, 06:51:55 pm »

Cayvie published all the possible roles. There's three possible doctors: a mafia doctor, a ninja doctor, and a plain town doctor, with the ninja doctor also being town.

I'm not sure what to make of it. I could see Insomniac as scum panicking and thinking that since ehunt claimed, he's next up on the chopping block, and thus trying to counterclaim and being bad at it. I could see Insomniac being town and remembering he's doctor but not remembering his card suit and thus having to look that up. And obviously ehunt could be fakeclaiming too, everyone seems to be sold on an ehunt lynch and I must be missing something. I'll reread ehunt. 

I sure hope they're not both town docs.

...anyone know what Insomniac is like under pressure? Would he be super-careful as scum, or rushed?

...oh, lol, I just noticed that ehunt brought up the whole "Named Townie" thing reeeeally early in the day.

I don't really mind anything to get the talking going, btw, even if it's loaded questions. I prefer theory to RVS and general hollering but don't much care. I'm too exhausted to theorize about the setup right now though. One thing to note - the decks function to give vanilla townies a bit of a "named townies" role like Jo unintentionally got for himself in MVI. This will probably be very helpful to town.
and way later
Two quick responses:
1. note that including the card name is an important part of my claim (see "named townie" on mafiascum wiki for theory).

Thinking about the fakeclaim early, eh?

But still, I don't know, I just can't bring myself to vote ehunt. His play just reminds me of mine, which is going to really suck for me if he flips scum :( I suppose I'll do it if I have to to avoid nolynch, but it just doesn't read THAT scummy, and yet everyone seems to be so sure...

...but well, insomniac didn't claim until prompted either, when it looked like he was the natural second choice after ehunt. And he didn't give his card immediately either.

...and in the time it takes me to reread ehunt's posts and write this, ehunt gets to L-1, and Morgrim doesn't hammer him, lol nice! Well, I certainly ain't gonna be the hammer on that wagon since I'm not entirely sold on it and there seem to be no dearth of people who are.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 22, 2012, 06:56:13 pm »

So if I don't respond, eHunt won't get hammered. That's great!  ;) It's a pretty flimsy reason for me to not respond though.

I don't know if you got those "shraeye drunk" and "Grujah not reading back" points from me or not, it could have just been coincidence. I just find it odd how similar it was to my previous post before that. It's a possibly that those thoughts could have been from me, but I don't know that. They could have been original.

As for the first part of your post, I appreciate the clarification. I can't be 100% accurate in that gigantic post. I've seen players in the past though who were town and didn't help the town as much as they should have. That's why I'm so cautious over that. Regardless, eHunt is almost dead >_< so maybe the discussions can continue later.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 22, 2012, 06:57:07 pm »

Vote: eHunt

Hammered!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 22, 2012, 06:58:06 pm »

:)

Mad, I tell you.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 22, 2012, 06:58:35 pm »

Cause EVERYONE knows Axxle's votes count multiple times.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 22, 2012, 06:59:18 pm »

Vote: eHunt

Hammered!

ITT: Axxle pretends to hammer

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 22, 2012, 06:59:45 pm »

Oh I didn't realize you had said those things before me, I understand now. I need to check the timestamps (might not have even read your post before posting mine).  They really were my original own thoughts, I wasnt copying anyone  :( Although saying something someone already said is not scummy to me either, sort of like "I too think this".
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 64  All

Page created in 2.497 seconds with 20 queries.