Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165728 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #700 on: August 22, 2012, 04:06:57 pm »

insomniac claim now tbh because waiting till you're at L-1 is just going to derp us into nolynch.

And we derp to a massclaim.

My claim won't be believed but I am a doctor. I was tryin to discern whether or not that makes eHunt a liar or not that's why I haven't revealed.

Or, not.

Vote: eHunt

Insom's reveal is much more town here.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 22, 2012, 04:07:35 pm »

I suppose two doctors is possible; the ninja doctor is also pro-town, right?  But the mafia also have  a doctor.  But I'm not sure I believe this is true.  Odd that Insomniac didn't object to the card claim by ehunt, and just said that he was also doctor.  It wouldn't make ehunt a liar unless Insomniac also had the 10 of Wands.  And if Insomniac has a 10 of Wands, he should have had to wait any time at all to know and tell us all that ehunt has lied.  So you're correct, Insomniac.  I don't believe you; my vote will stay on you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 22, 2012, 04:07:55 pm »

Fascinating. Insomniac, need that card claim please. For now, back to my scum read: Vote: eHunt
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 22, 2012, 04:09:07 pm »

I'm the eight of wands. (ninja doctor)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 22, 2012, 04:09:27 pm »

doctor is the go-to fakeclaim of choice.
Truth.  It's very hard to verify.

Two quick responses:
1. note that including the card name is an important part of my claim (see "named townie" on mafiascum wiki for theory).
2. i agree that doctor is a good fakeclaim if there's one scumfaction. with multiple scumfactions it doesn't matter,  claimants are going to get nightkilled. a scumfaction will say, ok, either ehunt is telling the truth, or he's lying in which case he's on the other scumfaction. either way he's a good kill. i'm very unlikely to survive the night.
Scum don't really care that much about doctors in a group this size unless there's a revealed detective power role.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: August 22, 2012, 04:11:15 pm »

doctor is the go-to fakeclaim of choice.
Truth.  It's very hard to verify.

Two quick responses:
1. note that including the card name is an important part of my claim (see "named townie" on mafiascum wiki for theory).
2. i agree that doctor is a good fakeclaim if there's one scumfaction. with multiple scumfactions it doesn't matter,  claimants are going to get nightkilled. a scumfaction will say, ok, either ehunt is telling the truth, or he's lying in which case he's on the other scumfaction. either way he's a good kill. i'm very unlikely to survive the night.
Scum don't really care that much about doctors in a group this size unless there's a revealed detective power role.
And in a group where most people are power roles.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 22, 2012, 04:13:14 pm »

So I'm the only one who thinks Insomniac is scummier of the two?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 22, 2012, 04:13:24 pm »

Agree with people saying two doctors both outed Day 1, no way. I get no scum read from Insomniac--I'm on Axxle right now--but was on ehunt before that. So back to ehunt. Vote: ehunt
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 22, 2012, 04:14:19 pm »

don't worry, you just derped your way into obvtown.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 22, 2012, 04:14:29 pm »

I suppose two doctors is possible; the ninja doctor is also pro-town, right?  But the mafia also have  a doctor.  But I'm not sure I believe this is true.  Odd that Insomniac didn't object to the card claim by ehunt, and just said that he was also doctor.  It wouldn't make ehunt a liar unless Insomniac also had the 10 of Wands.  And if Insomniac has a 10 of Wands, he should have had to wait any time at all to know and tell us all that ehunt has lied.  So you're correct, Insomniac.  I don't believe you; my vote will stay on you.

He wouldn't have come out and said "LOL OBVLIE" right away because it outs himself unnecessarily. He made his claim now, at L-3, so there would be time to react. If he were scum, why the hell would he make this claim? To get eHunt lynched? That's retarded. If he were scum he would kill eHunt at night and make a more believable claim today. What do you think happens if eHunt flips town Doc?

A) Insomniac gets NK'd because he's Doc #2,
B) Insomniac lives because he's scum and gets lynched tomorrow,
C) Insomniac is scum but gets NK'd by the other faction because they don't know if he's A or B.

This would be a retarded claim for a scum Insomniac to make.

Now, does town Doctor Insomniac make eHunt a liar? No, but it makes it damn more likely.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 22, 2012, 04:15:50 pm »

I have no idea what this means.  O, you use derp a lot, though it is not a word.  What does it mean?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 22, 2012, 04:16:20 pm »

vote: ehunt

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 22, 2012, 04:17:22 pm »

I have no idea what this means.  O, you use derp a lot, though it is not a word.  What does it mean?

it means to be clueless or stupid, interweb slang.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 22, 2012, 04:20:49 pm »

Omighosh 2 doc claims D1, it doesn't get worse than this.

ehunt is how much away from lynch? L-1? L-0?

vote: shraeye

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 22, 2012, 04:21:53 pm »

I'm quite pro at derping.

Can someone explain to me why we are all voting for ehunt all of a sudden? Insomniac didnt even claim a card ffs, and you all seem like this is a slam dunk now? How can Insomniac claiming doctor without the card name make ehunt's claim THAT much less credible? Watch that wagon before you accidentally lynch him and cut out the discussion, would you?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 22, 2012, 04:22:38 pm »

Omighosh 2 doc claims D1, it doesn't get worse than this.

ehunt is how much away from lynch? L-1? L-0?

vote: shraeye

This is an EXCELLENT example of a derp. Ehunt is at L-4.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 22, 2012, 04:23:11 pm »

No...

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 22, 2012, 04:25:09 pm »

Can someone explain to me why we are all voting for ehunt all of a sudden? Insomniac didnt even claim a card ffs, and you all seem like this is a slam dunk now? How can Insomniac claiming doctor without the card name make ehunt's claim THAT much less credible? Watch that wagon before you accidentally lynch him and cut out the discussion, would you?

Insomniac has since claimed 8.

Because what the hell are the odds that both of the two town doctor slots (which were in the same suit) were picked and that they were our primary wagons?

Because Ehunt was always really freaking scummy, so much so that I ALMOST didn't take my vote off after he claimed.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 22, 2012, 04:25:51 pm »

Question for everyone!

ehunt vs insomniac, your take on the situation. More than just the vote please, I really want to understand & see your reasons. Who is more scummy, and why? How likely do you see the possibility of both of them being town?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 22, 2012, 04:29:56 pm »

Question for everyone!

ehunt vs insomniac, your take on the situation. More than just the vote please, I really want to understand & see your reasons. Who is more scummy, and why? How likely do you see the possibility of both of them being town?

To expand on what O said a bit, my immediate reaction to Ehunt's doctor claim was: "Psh, predictable." I didn't have that reaction when Insomniac said it; it was more genuine. Ehunt's was scripted. He even had the "this is why I was lurking, I was doctor" answer all ready to go.

I doubt they are both town. Probably scum and town, probably one will be lynched and the other nightkilled by some other scum.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: August 22, 2012, 04:30:00 pm »

Insomniac has since claimed 8.

Because what the hell are the odds that both of the two town doctor slots (which were in the same suit) were picked and that they were our primary wagons?

Because Ehunt was always really freaking scummy, so much so that I ALMOST didn't take my vote off after he claimed.
You seem to disagree with me, I'm quite confused as to how I derped my way into obvtown?

If cayvie did the draw randomly, they can both still be doctors, but I agree it is not worth concentrating on. But yeah, I'm actually starting to understand why Ins is more credible. (I felt Ins was scummy and ehunt wasnt, but the actual facts are indeed on his side. Brain triumphs over gut. Thanks O.)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 22, 2012, 04:30:03 pm »

Question for everyone!

He wouldn't have come out and said "LOL OBVLIE" right away because it outs himself unnecessarily. He made his claim now, at L-3, so there would be time to react. If he were scum, why the hell would he make this claim? To get eHunt lynched? That's retarded. If he were scum he would kill eHunt at night and make a more believable claim today. What do you think happens if eHunt flips town Doc?

A) Insomniac gets NK'd because he's Doc #2,
B) Insomniac lives because he's scum and gets lynched tomorrow,
C) Insomniac is scum but gets NK'd by the other faction because they don't know if he's A or B.

This would be a retarded claim for a scum Insomniac to make.

Now, does town Doctor Insomniac make eHunt a liar? No, but it makes it damn more likely.

Mafia Record:

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 22, 2012, 04:30:42 pm »

Question for everyone!

You've voted for eHunt.  You haven't voted for insomniac.  What is *your* take on the situation?  What made it change?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 22, 2012, 04:30:58 pm »

We also wagonned Axxle for a bit.  Are we now faced with a choice between ehunt and Insomniac?  I'd still like to push for Eevee, which never seemed to gain any ground.  Or angrybirds, who is missing again.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 22, 2012, 04:31:54 pm »

Question for everyone!

To expand on what O said a bit, my immediate reaction to Ehunt's doctor claim was: "Psh, predictable." I didn't have that reaction when Insomniac said it; it was more genuine. Ehunt's was scripted. He even had the "this is why I was lurking, I was doctor" answer all ready to go.

I doubt they are both town. Probably scum and town, probably one will be lynched and the other nightkilled by some other scum.
He even had other explanations in the wing.  "Look, I named my card, I'm basically named townie"
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 64  All

Page created in 2.083 seconds with 20 queries.