Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165706 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #650 on: August 22, 2012, 03:12:05 am »

Vote Count
Robz888 (2): Captain_Frisk, Morgrim7
Axxle (1): Insomniac
Eevee (2): Grujah, shraeye
Grujah (1): sparky5856
ehunt (6): Eevee, yuma, Voltgloss, Robz888, O, Galzria
Insomniac (3): Axxle, angrybirds, ftl
O (1): ehunt

not voting (0):

with 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 22, 2012, 03:13:05 am »

36 hours until deadline.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 22, 2012, 04:21:03 am »

Would prefer insomniac but would lynch eHunt.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 22, 2012, 07:44:00 am »

Ok, i am the ten of wands (doctor). (I'm claiming now because if I wait till last minute it's going to be doctor-lynch or no-lynch.)

I think it's clear from O's scummy case on me and subsequent denial of that case that he is scum. I like that case much better than the wagons on Robz and Axxle and I think there's still time to build that wagon. Does no one else agree?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 22, 2012, 07:56:33 am »

ehunt being a doctor does explain why he played differently than in M VI too.. doctors certainly want to avoid the spotlight. Meh, inclined to believe him if there are no counterclaims, we can probably deduct if he was lying from night happenings anyways.

Vote: O because simon says.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 22, 2012, 08:08:19 am »

Vote: Insomniac

Don't see a reason to press ehunt's lynch Day 1 in the face of that claim.  Already said Insom was my #2 choice, so it's time to go to that.  Though if an Axxle wagon reforms, I remain interested therein.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 22, 2012, 08:11:46 am »

I somehow missed that Insomniac had a semi-wagon too, ugh. Rather him than nolynch, I'll try to be online to change my vote if needed.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 22, 2012, 08:16:50 am »

K, will read some history and post opinions as I go.

#1 - Insomniac's suit claim mistakes, in pops's voice : "Mistakes are scumtell not a nulltell".

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 22, 2012, 08:19:17 am »

#2 - ehunt's recent claim.

Very bad claim. He's just getting himself killed. There is only 1 other possible doctor in a setup. Should have kept his mouth shut and took it, it's a freaking doc. And he knows how to handle a doc, he handled PPS being doc perfectly in MVI.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 22, 2012, 08:19:40 am »

(only one other possible doc except Major Arcana)*.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: August 22, 2012, 10:11:18 am »

Shraeye... Really seeing scum pairs day 1? Are you scum or just dumb? Mistakes aren't scum reads, saying that they are? Well maybe...

And with the ehunt claim, which I am not too happy about-although not all of uscan be tinas-I will unvote him.

I said before that my read on insomniac was dependent on his voting. Immediately after that he voted for angrybirds-this isn't me being a protective big brother-that vote looked too covienent and as abirds noted contradicted i's previous read. Fir that I will move to vote: insomniac

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 22, 2012, 10:52:04 am »

Wow, that was a terrible reveal.

Well, I'm gong to reVote: Axxle for now, and hope we can get this scumwagon moving again. If not though, I'm down with Insomniac or O.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 22, 2012, 10:57:46 am »

Doctor, eh?

Back to Axxle, I guess. I am realizing now that it wasn't good to let him get away with that incredibly soft claim. Vote: Axxle
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 22, 2012, 11:32:26 am »

I'm still gunning for eevee.  Also, yuma shifted over to my feels-scummy list, as when he makes his player-by-player analysis in #547, he leaves Eevee out.  I'm feeling scumbuddies here.  Seriously.
Shraeye... Really seeing scum pairs day 1? Are you scum or just dumb? Mistakes aren't scum reads, saying that they are? Well maybe...
Wow man, that's an incredibly hostile defense for this level of suspicion that I threw at you.  I'm going to go with neither scum nor dumb, though you conveniently left out that option.  In my book, noticing relationships between two players is fair game even on day 1.  I'm still more suspicious of Eevee, which I mentioned.  Another alternative to this defense would be to say, "oh man I can't believe I forgot!  It's very difficult with 16 players; here's my analysis on Eevee....."  But I guess that's not what you did.

Are we really going to reform Axxle?  I think we should reevaluate his softclaim later, but if a wagon just makes him out his role as well, then a crappy town or clever scum have outed two PRs on day 1.  I don't want that.  I'm reinspecting Insomniac due to people's consensus on his lack of content.  Maybe I read this wrong?  Also, there is his voting of angrybirds after clearing him on the same IRL day by saying Robz/angrybirds was town-town disagreement.  He's now slightly lynchable, as he was previously the least confident entry on my no-lynch list.  But I'd still prefer to see Eevee or Grujah votes over Insomniac.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 22, 2012, 11:48:34 am »

Vote Count
Robz888 (2): Captain_Frisk, Morgrim7
Axxle (3): Insomniac, Galzria, Robz888
Eevee (2): Grujah, shraeye
Grujah (1): sparky5856
ehunt (1): O
Insomniac (5): Axxle, angrybirds, ftl, Voltgloss, yuma
O (2): ehunt, Eevee

not voting (0):

with 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 22, 2012, 11:50:00 am »

~27 hours til deadline
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 22, 2012, 11:52:27 am »

I'm still gunning for eevee.  Also, yuma shifted over to my feels-scummy list, as when he makes his player-by-player analysis in #547, he leaves Eevee out.  I'm feeling scumbuddies here.  Seriously.
Wow man, that's an incredibly hostile defense for this level of suspicion that I threw at you.  I'm going to go with neither scum nor dumb, though you conveniently left out that option.  In my book, noticing relationships between two players is fair game even on day 1.  I'm still more suspicious of Eevee, which I mentioned.  Another alternative to this defense would be to say, "oh man I can't believe I forgot!  It's very difficult with 16 players; here's my analysis on Eevee....."  But I guess that's not what you did.

Are we really going to reform Axxle?  I think we should reevaluate his softclaim later, but if a wagon just makes him out his role as well, then a crappy town or clever scum have outed two PRs on day 1.  I don't want that.  I'm reinspecting Insomniac due to people's consensus on his lack of content.  Maybe I read this wrong?  Also, there is his voting of angrybirds after clearing him on the same IRL day by saying Robz/angrybirds was town-town disagreement.  He's now slightly lynchable, as he was previously the least confident entry on my no-lynch list.  But I'd still prefer to see Eevee or Grujah votes over Insomniac.

I would be happy to get behind Eevee/Grujah if they had steam, although I still think that Axxle is not only NOT playing like town Axxle, but that letting that sort of softclaim go is setting a ridiculous precedent for scum to get off - and if Axxle gets away with it then it doesn't matter what his alignment is - that precedent will be set.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 22, 2012, 11:54:11 am »

So you are all saying Axxle should have full claimed or not claimed at all?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 22, 2012, 12:00:09 pm »

And with the ehunt claim, which I am not too happy about-although not all of uscan be tinas-I will unvote him.

I said before that my read on insomniac was dependent on his voting. Immediately after that he voted for angrybirds-this isn't me being a protective big brother-that vote looked too covienent and as abirds noted contradicted i's previous read. Fir that I will move to vote: insomniac

I voted to get him out of lurking he still is.

Not the main reason I'm voting for Axxle but he shouldn't have full claimed necessarily but he definetly shouldn't have claimed how he did.

Also RE: eHunt is anybody else forgetting that there is a possibility of mafia doctors?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 22, 2012, 12:03:05 pm »

He should not have claimed at all. There were multiple wagons brewing, and no certainty that any claim would be necessary. "Once I reveal, I promise you won't want to lynch me" is almost as bad a town move as claiming Doctor at L-3 - but as a scum move? Why the hell not say that? If it disband pressure - great! - If not, you can still fakeclaim. What's more, from the scum perspective, a claim like that leaves the door wide open to claim whatever is convenient down the line.

Town has little reason to be shady. If you've got something, hold onto it until it's beyond clear that if you don't release it'll mean your grave. Claiming early, or softclaiming is purely anti-town, and in the latter case, very easily pro-scum.

I'll give eHunt a LITTLE bit of slack due to the impending deadline, but Axxle's play is more synonymous with scum play than bad-town play.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 22, 2012, 12:06:19 pm »

Ok, I get it now, and agree.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 22, 2012, 12:28:32 pm »

Shraeye... My reaction to you was perfectly on level with your accusation. To get the reaction you were looking for "oops, I missed it. Here is my read in eevee" then you should have pointed it out. But you didn't. You accused me of being scum partners which is such a groundless and stupid accusation that I reacted as such. I can't make an eevee read now due to being at work and phone posting.  I will later.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 22, 2012, 12:31:32 pm »

My axxle thoughts. First I did not find him scummy before his claim 2. His claim was weird and I'll timed. 3. I don't think we should give him a free pass on it this game 4. But I don't think we should day 1 lynch him. Let's get through tonight see what night actions occur and then progress from there with him high on the potential to day 2 lynch list

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 22, 2012, 12:34:55 pm »

My axxle thoughts. First I did not find him scummy before his claim 2. His claim was weird and I'll timed. 3. I don't think we should give him a free pass on it this game 4. But I don't think we should day 1 lynch him. Let's get through tonight see what night actions occur and then progress from there with him high on the potential to day 2 lynch list
I agree with this, suspicion can remain on Axxle, but I do not think he is a sound day 1 lynch at this point.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 22, 2012, 02:09:25 pm »

I am traveling today, am not back till next Tuesday, and won't have time for another big computer post till then. I may be able to phone post more, but sniping phone post fights without the ability to look up references are annoying, especially when your old posts are being willfully misrepresented or ignored and you can't look them up. In particular I'm unlikely to be very active early Day 2 of this game.

I'm very happy with my O wagon. He made a case on me that seemed unserious (the you said hunting three times in a row case). I said that the "hunting hunting hunting" phrase was obviously light-hearted. He ignored that, then said why didn't you answer my hunting hunting hunting argument? I repeated my answer. He said that OF COURSE this wasn't why he was voting for me, he was just calling out the phrase as being "stupid." I said that he was being contradictory; instead of answering my argument, he called it desperate "regardless of alignment" (why did he say that?). I think he's scared cause he knows he made a mistake, so he acts overwhelmingly dismissive of the arguments in the hope that if you say something with strong enough language, it becomes true.

Many complaints about my claim. Look, I was going to get one or two more chances to make a computer post before deadline. Realistically without my claim there was no chance of someone getting lynched aside from me, at least two people who weren't voting for me had expressed willingness, and there's still Morgrim lurking to quickhammer. At best I could have waited and then phone posted my claim at L - 1 resulting in a no lynch (if no accident happened). We can argue about Mafia strategy till we're blue in the fact but at the end of the day it's a distraction from scumhunting. If you think my claim is FALSE, say that. If you just think it's bad strategy, eh, try not to aggressively push a wagon on the doctor over nothing next time.

Finally, yes, the doctor role is part of why I was lurking (in particular it's why I wasn't pushing wagons), although I also meant it when I said I was genuinely less obsessed with this game than I was with MVI (more obsessed now, but still not at MVI levels of obsession).

I can't say I understand the case against Insomniac. I will do some reading on it now then decide whether to vote him (to avoid no lynch) or keep my vote on O (and hope somebody comes around). Would strongly prefer the latter.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 64  All

Page created in 1.802 seconds with 20 queries.