Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165576 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #625 on: August 22, 2012, 12:19:18 am »

602 galzria doesn't post much therefore galzria is good
606 ehunt doesn't post much therefore ehunt is bad

Also missing that I've been defending axxle for a lot longer than a day.

It's your defense of Axxle that makes you scummy more than anything.

And yeah, I noted yesterday that I had that "holy expletive" moment when I realized you were in the game. Did you just happen to forget that post of mine?

Before you said the axxle defense was scummy because I did it at the last minute. Now you say the defense qua the defense is scummy. I'm not going to debate somebody who shifts his arguments around instead of listening and acknowledging when he's wrong. It's not my fault that you didn't notice my earlier posts defending axxle.

I said "cases" derailed, not "case". I cited Axxle because he's the wagon I felt had merit. Your exact statement was"Robz and Axxle wagons are bad". No explanation was given, just "they're bad, now go look somewhere else"... And this is within 72 hours to the deadline. It's intentionally stirring things up late, with no real reason, and it read scummy to me. ((#562, in case you forgot))

Reasons for both given earlier. Through debating you, you don't read my posts then act like I didn't make any and you refuse to acknowledge when you are wrong.

The thing is, you say you explained yourself before... But what? From #562, your previous post was #512/#513 -  which weren't explanations, but almost the exact same thing as #562: "Robz & Axxle are bad, vote CF" - and prior to that you need to go back to post #383 where you posted anything that resembled a defense of those wagons - and as O pointed out, your reasons for calling them "bad" were crap then too.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 22, 2012, 12:19:34 am »

Robz eevee yuma all seem town, although robz vote on me scummy. Galzria seemed town until his recent inconsistency. Volt i'm not sure on. Scummiest on wagon is still probably O.

vote: O

*Still* probably O?

herp derp I just joined your wagon wat is this derp.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 22, 2012, 12:25:31 am »

Although Insomniac's post history is light on content, I think Axxle's summary in #567 is not accurate.  There are some things that felt contentful to me but Axxle just bundles a whole post up with the summary "im terrible defense".  The one thing that stands out here is the last part, where when Insomniac is prodded to finally vote, he puts it on angrybirds, after saying that the angrybirds/Robz situation felt town-on-town to him.

Regardless, I'm still gunning for eevee.  I'm not super sold on ehunt; he's on my will-lynch list, but he's not #1.  That's still Eevee.  Also, yuma shifted over to my feels-scummy list, as when he makes his player-by-player analysis in #547, he leaves Eevee out.  I'm feeling scumbuddies here.  Seriously.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 22, 2012, 12:28:51 am »

Robz eevee yuma all seem town, although robz vote on me scummy. Galzria seemed town until his recent inconsistency. Volt i'm not sure on. Scummiest on wagon is still probably O.

*Still* probably O?

"Still" there = "despite galzria's contradictory posts", not "despite the passage of time"

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 22, 2012, 12:30:02 am »

*Still* probably O?

"Still" there = "despite galzria's contradictory posts", not "despite the passage of time"

and why am I scummiest? why won't you defend your ridiculous "morgrim hunting hunting hunting" comment?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: August 22, 2012, 12:30:26 am »

in fact, this is an OMGUS vote to someone who voted for you because of your OMGUS play.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 22, 2012, 12:32:45 am »

*Still* probably O?

and why am I scummiest? why won't you defend your ridiculous "morgrim hunting hunting hunting" comment?

As I said before, it was obviously made lightly. You are scummiest because you tried to turn that into a case. With Galz there's always the possibility that he's just town who won't listen to reason. You, however, know better.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 22, 2012, 12:33:43 am »

in fact, this is an OMGUS vote to someone who voted for you because of your OMGUS play.

I think omgus is a terrible tell. If scum vote for me, i'm going to call them out.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 22, 2012, 12:35:51 am »

You, however, know better.

You have not yet been in a completed game where I was town. I'm not sure why you think I know better.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 22, 2012, 12:37:11 am »

Hey guys, I feel like we've reached the point where we've stopped making forward progress in this fight.  It's ridiculously hard for me to tell who's angry at whom, and now I'll have to review probably 100 posts to keep up with it.  I propose an hour break, then come back and level-headedly explain what you think and why you think it.  Stop stretching this fighting out.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 22, 2012, 12:38:32 am »

Sorry, I meant to say who is angry at the other for which reasons. 

Regardless, all I know is that two players are sounding really upset.  Put this on ice, fall asleep, come back in the morning where we'll have a lot of work to do.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 22, 2012, 12:39:15 am »

Hey guys, I feel like we've reached the point where we've stopped making forward progress in this fight.  It's ridiculously hard for me to tell who's angry at whom, and now I'll have to review probably 100 posts to keep up with it.  I propose an hour break, then come back and level-headedly explain what you think and why you think it.  Stop stretching this fighting out.

this game is called mafia. If you give people less time to prepare their remarks thats better, not worse, because we WANT someone (scum) to slip up.

Also I don't believe any players are actually upset here.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 22, 2012, 12:39:34 am »

You have not yet been in a completed game where I was town. I'm not sure why you think I know better.

I mean that I think I understand the way you think about this game well enough to deduce that you can't genuinely have thought saying "morgrim hunting hunting hunting" is a tell.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 22, 2012, 12:40:22 am »

I mean that I think I understand the way you think about this game well enough to deduce that you can't genuinely have thought saying "morgrim hunting hunting hunting" is a tell.

of course I don't. I just think it's stupid. But I think you're scum anyways.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 22, 2012, 12:40:57 am »

Sorry, I meant to say who is angry at the other for which reasons. 

Regardless, all I know is that two players are sounding really upset.  Put this on ice, fall asleep, come back in the morning where we'll have a lot of work to do.

I'm upset that there's a wagon on me, but not like  suffering emotional distress. I agree with O that spontaneous posting is best. You'll be able to catch up.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 22, 2012, 12:49:34 am »

Hey eHunt! I just went back and read every post you've made. Care to point me where your great cases for why Axxle and Robz wagons are bad were actually made? You know, instead of calling me unreasonable and wrong, you might want to do some research of your own posts.

Maybe you're referencing this great post?

I don't like the Axxle wagon at all. Robz, I think definitely you were in the right in your spat with Axxle, but you weren't like, so overwhelmingly in the right that anybody seeing it differently must be scum. Can you give more reasons for the vote?

Or maybe this one on Robz?

Robz's absence from earlier is due to well-documented V/LAness. His hard press on angrybirds, followed by his backing off, does not strike me as scummy at all. It's very typical day one play for anyone, especially for Robz. I don't understand why he's got so many votes.

Wow. Great stuff. Compelling.

You wanna call me wrong? Fine. Show me. Where are these great cases that you've made that I choose not to read?

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 22, 2012, 12:50:39 am »

O: 629 and 638 ridiculous contradiction.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 22, 2012, 12:51:57 am »

I want you to defend the comment. No, it's not the primary reason I'm voting for you.

Not really a ridiculous contradiction.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 22, 2012, 12:52:55 am »

Galz: you left out an axxle defense. Phone posting, will find tomorrow morning. Yes, that was my robz defense. Don't know why you don't like it.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 22, 2012, 12:54:23 am »

Actually no, that's it on axxle, my bad.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: August 22, 2012, 12:55:21 am »

There are two wagons, and I think both of them are on town. A lot of y'all say Axxle's softclaim means nothing; I disagree and moreover I think it's a pro-town move (given that he was the likeliest lynch) to make it now instead of later.

You must be referring to this one? The one that was "in the last 24 hours or so"?

Mafia Record:

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 22, 2012, 12:59:51 am »

I want you to defend the comment. No, it's not the primary reason I'm voting for you.

Not really a ridiculous contradiction.

The "of course" is what makes the contradiction. I think this is devastating.

Also, "not the primary reason?" It's the ONLY reason cited in the post you vote for me.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 22, 2012, 01:02:08 am »

Regardless of your alignment the desperation you're showing here is digging you a deep, deep hole.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 22, 2012, 01:03:28 am »

Regardless of your alignment the desperation you're showing here is digging you a deep, deep hole.

I don't follow. Anyway, I'm going to bed, please don't anyone hammer before I wake up.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 22, 2012, 01:36:08 am »

@modS: Need more Vote Count

Robz888 (2): Captain_Frisk, Morgrim7
Axxle (1): Insomniac
ehunt (5): Eevee, yuma, Voltgloss, Robz888, O, Galzria
Eevee (2): Grujah, shraeye
Grujah (1): sparky5856
Insomniac (3): Axxle, angrybirds, ftl
O (1): eHunt

(think it's accurate)

@eHunt: I'll concede what you're doing isn't really OMGUS. 

It'd be nice if you do more quoting (or linking) instead of just mentioning post numbers.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 64  All

Page created in 2.204 seconds with 20 queries.