Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165880 times)

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #575 on: August 21, 2012, 04:57:36 am »

And all you contribute here is a defense?

I suppose. I need to find something else to say but I don't have anything really. I should go reread the thread again, but I've already done that and ended with, like, no new reads.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 21, 2012, 05:05:00 am »

I suppose. I need to find something else to say but I don't have anything really. I should go reread the thread again, but I've already done that and ended with, like, no new reads.
Thoughts on Insomniac? on eHunt? those seem to be the new wagons.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 21, 2012, 05:50:48 am »

I'm being prodded. K.

ehunt:
dislikes loaded questions, prefers theory to rvs
suggests relying on past-game meta
against suit-claims
votes C_F for morgrim-hunting
talk about me and the 5th vote on Galz (survivalist unvote? Nah.)
dislikes Axxle wagon, before your softclaim
has reads: Voltgloss and galz and sharaye, town, C_F scum, robz and O and me light town, grujah light scum.
was against both the axxle and robz wagons.
keeps agitating for Frisk wagon

Hmm. Seems quite reasonable to me. Why's there a wagon on him again?

Because he's playing differently than MVI town ehunt, and because morgrim-hunter-hunting is just as bad as morgrim hunting, say Eevee and Volt. Idunno, those seem like reasonable reasons, I don't find them persuasive myself though. MVI I don't remember him well, and I'm pro morgrim-hunter-hunting. Doing it this early might be a mistake.

Neutral read, not scumread.

Insomniac:
summary:
#25 - RVS
#29 - small defense of frisk (with joke)
#33 - explanation of joke
#41 - joke vote
#63 - setup speculation
#119 - joke accusation
#141 - removal of joke vote
#157 - setup speculation
#162 - "I'm terrible" defense. setup speculation. 
#222 - trying to get player modkilled
#247 - saving face regarding setup speculation
#332 - Noncommittal "I'm still here" post
#334 - "I'm terrible" defense. First true content showing suspicion on me and Robz's wagon
#366 - joke
#370 - joke
#412 - Morgrim buddying
#420 - joke after suspicion placed on him indirectly
#450 - looks like content, but really reiteration of 334
#462 - fluff, lying fluff
#467 - promises to vote for me before deadline
#486 - "How am I lurking"... look at your posts.  Also backs away from all content he's given so far calling me town along with angrybirds and robz.
#491 - Scumhunting? What?! (Really just a very safe question to Grujah as to why he isn't catching up to the thread)
#510 - calling out lurkers (lol)
#557 - Reiterates me and Robz being town.  Votes Angrybirds for lurking (even though he called him town earlier the same IRL day)

The End
he does call out a few people in scattered ways. Yeah, looks scummy. I'm not sure that scum Insomniac would have been bold enough to suggest that suitclaim thing at the beginning while forgetting about Major Arcana, but maybe.

Prefer an ins lynch to an ehunt lynch.

Actually, both of them accuse Frisk I think. Surprised Frisk isn't a wagon, everyone sort of has a little bit of distrust towards him but not enough for a vote.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 21, 2012, 10:16:33 am »

I'm mostly taking a shot in the dark here, but for the slimmest of reasons I guess I'm most okay with a lynch of ehunt. Vote: ehunt

Somebody said something about it was too easy for ehunt to go after frisk for going after Morgrim? That resonated with me. I went after the people who went after Morgrim when I was scum in MVI.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 21, 2012, 10:55:57 am »

Eevee:  Eevee was the first one to suggest lynching someone for being in the "wrong" suit even though this is easily manipulated, that felt like it was bound to give us a town-lynch.  Another person who's only made one vote.  I don't like people who hone in on one person and keep their vote there forever, that feels like very scum-fident (confident) voting.  Also, looking through his posts, I am floored by the lack of content.  Check it out for yourself!
I dont remember saying "we should lynch someone from the wrong suit", I just pointed out the odds of each of the suits having scum in them. IIRC I actually did it to point out it's a bad idea, but I'm not sure about that.
Wands and pentacles have 1 scum more than the cups and swords (4/14 and 5/14). Should we perhaps lynch a wand or a pentacle day1 then?
It's a shame you don't remember things Eevee, for you did the opposite of pointing out it's a bad idea, and I don't like seeing players contradict themselves without consequences.

Is lurking the major reason for Insomniac's wagon now?  Because although he's been away a lot, he usually returns with good content.  This is the opposite case with Eevee, who has disappeared in the past and returned with the fluffiest of fluff.  And now this lie Eevee's put out there...

Does anyone else get this feeling from Eevee?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 21, 2012, 10:56:36 am »

Unofficial Vote Count:

Captain_Frisk (1): ehunt
Robz888 (2): Captain_Frisk, Morgrim7
Axxle (1): Galzria
ehunt (4): Eevee, yuma, Voltgloss, Robz888
Eevee (2): Grujah, shraeye
Grujah (2): ftl, sparky5856
angrybirds (1): Insomniac
Insomniac (2): Axxle, angrybirds
ftl (1): O

with 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 21, 2012, 10:59:47 am »

When's the deadline?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 21, 2012, 11:02:37 am »

Eevee:  Eevee was the first one to suggest lynching someone for being in the "wrong" suit even though this is easily manipulated, that felt like it was bound to give us a town-lynch.  Another person who's only made one vote.  I don't like people who hone in on one person and keep their vote there forever, that feels like very scum-fident (confident) voting.  Also, looking through his posts, I am floored by the lack of content.  Check it out for yourself!
I dont remember saying "we should lynch someone from the wrong suit", I just pointed out the odds of each of the suits having scum in them. IIRC I actually did it to point out it's a bad idea, but I'm not sure about that.
Wands and pentacles have 1 scum more than the cups and swords (4/14 and 5/14). Should we perhaps lynch a wand or a pentacle day1 then?
It's a shame you don't remember things Eevee, for you did the opposite of pointing out it's a bad idea, and I don't like seeing players contradict themselves without consequences.

Is lurking the major reason for Insomniac's wagon now?  Because although he's been away a lot, he usually returns with good content.  This is the opposite case with Eevee, who has disappeared in the past and returned with the fluffiest of fluff.  And now this lie Eevee's put out there...

Does anyone else get this feeling from Eevee?

If I was scum, I would be more careful.

But you are half right! This has happened in an earlier game too, and I don't know if it's the language barrier or what, but when I say:
, I do not mean "I think we should do this!", I mean to ask others opinions on an idea I just had. If I say "timchen giving your vote to Galzria to use is anti-town and ridiculous", I'm stating I think that is the case. When it ends with a question mark, in my case it is an actual question "what do others think?".

Oh and even if I was suggesting we lynch like that if we wound up claiming (I'm glad we didn't), I think that would be an excellent example of bad town play rather than scum play. In general, proposing something that is obviously scummy is not a mafia tell imo, and we lynch "bad" townies (ones who made a mistake) way too often here.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 21, 2012, 11:08:31 am »

When's the deadline?

Thursday at 3 p.m. EDT, per the intro post.  So just under 51 hours from now.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 21, 2012, 11:09:01 am »

Sorry, meant to write just OVER 51 hours.  (Just under 52 hours.)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: August 21, 2012, 11:10:24 am »

Sorry, meant to write just OVER 51 hours.  (Just under 52 hours.)
Hopefully that won't make a difference.  :)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 21, 2012, 12:15:16 pm »

I will be V/LA starting tomorrow night; moreover, my ability to phone-post will be spotty. I will try to make up for it by checking frequently today.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 21, 2012, 12:25:30 pm »

So I just noticed a few things after one of Axxle's more recent posts caught me off guard. Specifically this one.

Thoughts on Insomniac? on eHunt? those seem to be the new wagons.

I thought to myself wait there's only two new wagons, I disagree and this seems to be conversation/town leading but I decided to go back and see who started the 'two' wagons.

Looked through Insomniac's posts.  I don't think I need to look at anyone else.  The only content he posted was about the Robz/AngryBirds/Me argument.  And even there he flip-flopped once on me and once on AngryBirds with no explanation. I'm liking this wagon.

Vote: Insomniac

summary:
#25 - RVS
#29 - small defense of frisk (with joke)
#33 - explanation of joke
#41 - joke vote
#63 - setup speculation
#119 - joke accusation
#141 - removal of joke vote
#157 - setup speculation
#162 - "I'm terrible" defense. setup speculation. 
#222 - trying to get player modkilled
#247 - saving face regarding setup speculation
#332 - Noncommittal "I'm still here" post
#334 - "I'm terrible" defense. First true content showing suspicion on me and Robz's wagon
#366 - joke
#370 - joke
#412 - Morgrim buddying
#420 - joke after suspicion placed on him indirectly
#450 - looks like content, but really reiteration of 334
#462 - fluff, lying fluff
#467 - promises to vote for me before deadline
#486 - "How am I lurking"... look at your posts.  Also backs away from all content he's given so far calling me town along with angrybirds and robz.
#491 - Scumhunting? What?! (Really just a very safe question to Grujah as to why he isn't catching up to the thread)
#510 - calling out lurkers (lol)
#557 - Reiterates me and Robz being town.  Votes Angrybirds for lurking (even though he called him town earlier the same IRL day)

The End

Looks like Axxle started the Insomniac wagon, hmm ok fair enough.

And eHunt outed himself.

I'm going to look over posts later looking for these specifically:

Someone who said they don't like either wagon and did not give an alternative to lynch.
Someone who hasn't weighed in on our wagons at all.

If someone can save me the trouble of searching that'd be great.  I think scum are among these.

I'm probably violating criterion one in your list, although I have been voting for Frisk all day and am surprised nobody has joined me.

(I skipped people who are currently voting for me and Robz)

I think we'll find scum among those three.

Unvote

I'll reread all of these player's posts later and push the scummiest player for lynch.

Hmm looks like he ALSO started saying eHunt looked scummy and this was pointed out by the HOOVER DAMMIT post by sparky5856 on page 22.

So ok Axxle is currently, guiding the town into thinking there is only 2 wagons, both of which he started, he did the whole super softclaim thing which I don't think is good for the f.DS meta whether he is scum or not.

Vote: Axxle
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 21, 2012, 12:26:37 pm »

Prefer an ins lynch to an ehunt lynch.

Actually, both of them accuse Frisk I think. Surprised Frisk isn't a wagon, everyone sort of has a little bit of distrust towards him but not enough for a vote.

This is not true, I suspect scum Frisk would be more involved.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 21, 2012, 02:39:56 pm »

I thought more people were voting for you Insom.  But yeah, I did draw attention to eHunt and you, but others were the ones who really grew the eHunt wagon.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 21, 2012, 06:23:22 pm »

I want to remark on accusations that I am behaving differently from MVI (i will answer the argument that morgrim-hunting-hunting is a scumtell in a separate post). Very early Day One in MVI I was actually accused of hardcore lurking (by Frisk, I think, in a statistics post). However, I got into gear before the end of Day One and really pushed some analysis hard (including being the key proponent for that day's (mis)lynch).

I acknowledge that I haven't gotten into gear in the same way this game. I at least think I've put my word in on every major fight, which is more than can be said for most people (but less than can be said for some). I just haven't been as into this game. I was more or less obsessed with MVI, it was all I thought about for weeks. This game I check several times daily, but it's just not the same level of obsession.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 21, 2012, 06:28:58 pm »

This town is dead and I am sad because, like ehunt, I totally get the feeling of not-being-obsessive about this game, for some reason.

Vote: Insomniac

I had a townish read on angrybirds before, I have a townish read on Axxle now, they're both voting for Insom, I already thought insom was more scummy than ehunt. I think I want to make this my day's lynch. This is a wagon which might happen and which I could sort of get behind, at least consider it more than RVS.

Just under 2 days left. Time to rile this town up. Jump on the wagon, people. To L-1 and beyond!

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 21, 2012, 06:29:16 pm »

I want to remark on the argument that morgrim-hunting-hunting is a scumtell. I think that morgrim-hunting-hunting-hunting is a stronger scumtell.

[annoying f.ds mafia history]
Robz, I don't think you Morgrim-hunting-hunted in MVI. You defended Morgrim (even though he was town and you were scum), but I don't recall you FoS'ing or voting for anyone who voted for him on the basis of that alone. Maybe I am wrong. Grujah is the only one I remember Morgrim-hunting-hunting, which was a little unfair since Morgrim's townitude was mod-confirmed to Grujah in that game.
[/annoying f.ds mafia history]

I do agree that Morgrim-hunting-hunting suffers from the same problem as Morgrim-hunting (it's "too easy.") I don't agree that this gives Morgrim-hunters a blank check. I also think that Frisk's insistence that his Morgrim-hunting was pure RVS when backing away from it was independently scummy, regardless of your position on Morgrim-hunting in the abstract.

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 21, 2012, 08:18:19 pm »

Anyway,
I'll join vote: Insomniac but am willing to go back to Frisk Robz isf this proves fruitless
. yeah.

why aren't you voting for insomniac?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 21, 2012, 08:37:26 pm »

unvote Ftl has since provided content.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 21, 2012, 08:38:20 pm »

I want to remark on the argument that morgrim-hunting-hunting is a scumtell. I think that morgrim-hunting-hunting-hunting is a stronger scumtell.

vote: ehunt for this piece of work.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 21, 2012, 09:05:43 pm »

How is that scummy? It might be confusing, but I don't think it's necessarily something that scum would say rather than town.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 21, 2012, 09:28:54 pm »

How is that scummy? It might be confusing, but I don't think it's necessarily something that scum would say rather than town.

Because it's so ridiculously contrived, and it's obviously not a scumtell to be morgrim hunting hunting hunting?

Hell, he just forced us to introduce the term Morgrim Hunting Hunting Hunting Hunting. IE stupid jockeying between two people.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 21, 2012, 09:40:09 pm »

Because it's so ridiculously contrived, and it's obviously not a scumtell to be morgrim hunting hunting hunting?

Hell, he just forced us to introduce the term Morgrim Hunting Hunting Hunting Hunting. IE stupid jockeying between two people.

It's the unstoppable Morgrim Hunting Hunting Hunting Hunting Hunting Hunting Party stack!

On a serious note:  It's also a thinly veiled OMGUS.  "I'm not scummy, the people suspecting me are scummy!"

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 21, 2012, 09:41:01 pm »

It's the unstoppable Morgrim Hunting Hunting Hunting Hunting Hunting Hunting Party stack!

On a serious note:  It's also a thinly veiled OMGUS.  "I'm not scummy, the people suspecting me are scummy!"

I honestly can't believe I forgot to mention that. derp derp derp.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 64  All

Page created in 2.405 seconds with 20 queries.