Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165827 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #550 on: August 20, 2012, 07:48:00 pm »

I'm not sure why everyone keeps forgetting I'm playing. I don't feel as if I've been lurking.
Town is freaking huge. You dont have an avatar.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 20, 2012, 07:49:10 pm »

Why should I abandon my vote on Axxle? Because everybody else is? I think his play is inconsistent with town-Axxle play. Being D1, certainly nothing else has jumped out at me.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 20, 2012, 07:49:32 pm »

Also both vote counts have me voting for both Ehunt and Robz. I'm just voting for Robz.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 20, 2012, 07:50:38 pm »

My reads on Eevee were wrong. Oh, goodness. Lack of content, weird voting suggestions, the whole shebang. He looks pretty scummy. But Robz is worse. For reconfirmation, VOTE: ROBZ888
Could you expand on weird voting suggestions? Because I was just accused of not voting enough.  :) Are you referring to this:

Galzria (1): angrybirds
Captain_Frisk (1): ehunt
Robz888 (3): Captain_Frisk, Morgrim7, O
Axxle (2): Galzria, Voltgloss
shraeye (1): yuma
ehunt (1): O
Eevee (1): Grujah
Grujah (1): ftl

If this is correct, we really are in a world of hurt. How are we supposed to find majority in 45 hours, especially considering how both of the "major wagons" are slowly dying.

First instinct was to vote for Frisk, but then I remembered he has been lurky in all of the games recently. I do think he looks a bit scummy here. Then I thought of ehunt, becase he is playing quite different than the town-ehunt in MVI. Why is ehunt not being questioned more?

Vote: ehunt

and if so, what about it strikes to you as weird?

Galzria, you should abandon the vote IF it seems like Axxle wagon is not picking off.. because "wasting" your vote is essentially contributing into nolynch.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 20, 2012, 07:51:47 pm »

It's not a waste if it's on someone I find to be scummy.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: August 20, 2012, 07:53:02 pm »

It is a waste of the lynch is never going to happen. If you want us to remember you were suspicious of Axxle in case sad things happen, just say so. Dont forget your vote there and contribute to us sliding into nolynch.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 20, 2012, 07:58:27 pm »

I'm still here. Distracted by Morgrim's BM a little, it's so much easier to find useful things to say there. I don't intentionally lurk.

Here - eh. We really are near deadline, and are sort of screwed.

Hmm, someone a ways back commented that I was giving angrybirds too much slack. At the time read like townie playing their first game and being suspicious of everybody. I liked that, and so didn't want a D1 lynch of him. Still don't I guess, but I don't remember anything he's said recently. ...ok, rereading he hasn't said much recently, but I still get a townread from some of his posts.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 20, 2012, 08:01:01 pm »

Fine. I still think that Axxle and Robz are town so I won't be voting for either of them but if it comes to deadline and they are the only options I'll vote for either. For now Vote: angrybirds I haven't seen ANYTHING from this guy since the Robz fight.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 20, 2012, 08:03:27 pm »

I really don't like how multiple people abandoned their Axxle-votes in response to his incredibly soft softclaim.  I worry that's encouraging a mode of behavior that scum can very easily use to escape any possible threat of a D1 lynch.

That said:  I find the recent votes on ehunt intriguing.  I went back to reread ehunt's contributions to the thread, and his insistence on voting Frisk for Morgrim-hunting feels... y'know how it feels?  It feels like the inverse of typical Morgrim-hunting but to just as much scummy effect.  The problem with Morgrim-hunting is that it gives scum an opportunity to park their vote on someone (Morgrim) without needing to offer a rationale for their vote, beyond "Morgrim is Morgrim."  Which is exactly what ehunt has done, but in a more subtle way:  he has parked his vote on someone (Frisk) without offering any rationale for his vote beyond "Morgrim is Morgrim."  He's just swapped out the usual "Morgrim's behavior is anti-town" and replaced it with "Morgrim's behavior may be anti-town in others but it's town for Morgrim."  But the end result is the same:  ehunt gets to excuse himself from participating in wagons anywhere else, because he's voting simply on the basis of Morgrim being Morgrim.

So yeah.  ehunt is dodging the responsibilities of voting.  That, to me, reads scummy.  And it's a subtle form of scummy, which worries me more than any Day 1 "obvscum" play.  Given the nearing deadline, this is a wagon I feel comfortable supporting.  Vote: ehunt.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 20, 2012, 08:38:45 pm »

I think this was in response to me. I didn't intend to say that you should not vote Axxle, I don't think I should vote for Axxle. Instead I was wondering what it would take for you to abandon your vote on him. I think you interpreted it as "when are you going to abandon it, everyone else is and we need your vote elsewhere" whereas it was meant to ask what would cause you to do so.

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 20, 2012, 09:48:20 pm »

Fine. I still think that Axxle and Robz are town so I won't be voting for either of them but if it comes to deadline and they are the only options I'll vote for either. For now Vote: angrybirds I haven't seen ANYTHING from this guy since the Robz fight.

has something changed since this?
How am I lurking hardcore? I've been posting quite a bit I just don't have a strong read this game because I'm pretty sure the robz/birds/axxle thing is a big town fight like timchen v galz in mvii

and hey you are capable of posting a vote! i dont know why people consider robz and my posts a fight. we were meerely discussing how we played and how we responded, i didnt even vote for him and he unvoted me. yes i am suspicious of him, but not necessarily more so than other people

so my galz vote isn't appreciated by others? i am going to join ehunt in his vote for frisk. vote: frisk he is lurkier than i am and i dont think robz's reaction warranted a vote, not to mention his morgrim RSV confusion. was it RSV or was it not?

oh and someone asked about my read on yuma. he is hard to read. he just left his shraye vote which he seemed pretty adamant about, but i could be seeing him in a negative light since he just voted for the person that i am agreeing with in ehunt

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 20, 2012, 09:55:30 pm »

I think this was in response to me. I didn't intend to say that you should not vote Axxle, I don't think I should vote for Axxle. Instead I was wondering what it would take for you to abandon your vote on him. I think you interpreted it as "when are you going to abandon it, everyone else is and we need your vote elsewhere" whereas it was meant to ask what would cause you to do so.

Well, scummy behavior elsewhere. There's more than one scum in this game afterall, so I'm not hellbent on sticking to my guns on Axxle. I just haven't seen much reason to move it yet. If there's one thing I've learned about Towns this size, is that it is SO easy to fill with backround noise - and again, I'll point to Axxle as an example here. Count does not equal content. If everybody posted at the rate I usually do (or that Axxle is), we would end up with a 150+ page thread... And quite honestly, I don't have the energy to try to build a case in a thread that size.

Honestly, even now, I've seen SO many questions asked or accusations made (and then requoted (and then requoted again)) just go unanswered because they just get buried or ignored. Because of this, it makes it difficult to scumhunt with any real drive (not to mention the ridiculous difficulty in making a case against scum that can stick D1). So with that being the case, and the precedent that Axxle has set for Scum to softclaim their way out of a lynch, where do you really suggest to turn from here? My personal take is that we need to choose someone, who a general consensus (if not perfect majority) can admit has been scummy this game in some fashion - and lynch them. Analysis from the night very well may be our best friend here - Especially with at least 3 deaths likely.

Now, I could lay out my "willing to lynch" - "not willing to lynch" lists here as seems so often so popular, but honestly my D1 reads are usually about as accurate as anyone elses here - that is to say they're generally crap. I'm not getting an omg obvtown read on anybody this game, thus "anybody but me" is probably the truest I could answer. Sure, I think some people have better odds of being scum than others (Axxle, for instance), but there isn't anybody here that I would say "Ehh... Probably town, don't wanna lynch" about.

So the short answer of "When will you change your vote" is: When someone appears that's more scummy or the deadline approaches and there's a more likely candidate.

I'm still not sold that a lynch MUST occur - far from - but there's nobody here that I think has a below average chance of being scum, so my vote is pretty free right now.

Mafia Record:

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 20, 2012, 09:58:41 pm »

Phone post. How many votes on me? I don't see how there's a case against me that's better than my case against frisk. The axxle and robz wagons are bad. Seems like case against me is: I tried to start a wagon on likely scum, no one wants to join (why?), therefore I am avoiding controversy. I would love for there to be controversy. Everyone not voting frisk: explain yourself!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 20, 2012, 10:00:55 pm »

Phone post. How many votes on me? I don't see how there's a case against me that's better than my case against frisk. The axxle and robz wagons are bad. Seems like case against me is: I tried to start a wagon on likely scum, no one wants to join (why?), therefore I am avoiding controversy. I would love for there to be controversy. Everyone not voting frisk: explain yourself!

There's no case on him, there is on Axxle.

Mafia Record:

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 20, 2012, 10:04:06 pm »

Case on Axxle is nonsense. Lack of evidence on Frisk is because he's lurked hardcore, for which nobody is willing to vote him.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 20, 2012, 10:05:19 pm »

Case on Axxle is nonsense. Lack of evidence on Frisk is because he's lurked hardcore, for which nobody is willing to vote him.

Case on Axxle is strongest here, but thanks for defending! Let's us know where to go later.

Mafia Record:

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 20, 2012, 10:07:04 pm »

I don't get why people are worried about me setting a precedent for softclaiming.  If I do flip scum, then the next time someone does it chances are people are just going to say "Nice try, not falling for that again."

*goes to go look through scum's posts for scumminess*
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 20, 2012, 10:30:45 pm »

Looked through Insomniac's posts.  I don't think I need to look at anyone else.  The only content he posted was about the Robz/AngryBirds/Me argument.  And even there he flip-flopped once on me and once on AngryBirds with no explanation. I'm liking this wagon.

Vote: Insomniac

summary:
#25 - RVS
#29 - small defense of frisk (with joke)
#33 - explanation of joke
#41 - joke vote
#63 - setup speculation
#119 - joke accusation
#141 - removal of joke vote
#157 - setup speculation
#162 - "I'm terrible" defense. setup speculation. 
#222 - trying to get player modkilled
#247 - saving face regarding setup speculation
#332 - Noncommittal "I'm still here" post
#334 - "I'm terrible" defense. First true content showing suspicion on me and Robz's wagon
#366 - joke
#370 - joke
#412 - Morgrim buddying
#420 - joke after suspicion placed on him indirectly
#450 - looks like content, but really reiteration of 334
#462 - fluff, lying fluff
#467 - promises to vote for me before deadline
#486 - "How am I lurking"... look at your posts.  Also backs away from all content he's given so far calling me town along with angrybirds and robz.
#491 - Scumhunting? What?! (Really just a very safe question to Grujah as to why he isn't catching up to the thread)
#510 - calling out lurkers (lol)
#557 - Reiterates me and Robz being town.  Votes Angrybirds for lurking (even though he called him town earlier the same IRL day)

The End
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 20, 2012, 10:33:38 pm »

vote: FTL

I've seen like no actual content from FTL. He gave literally no reason for his vote on me, and like one fiftieth of a reason for his vote on Grujah.

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 20, 2012, 10:40:10 pm »

Looked through Insomniac's posts.  I don't think I need to look at anyone else.  The only content he posted was about the Robz/AngryBirds/Me argument.  And even there he flip-flopped once on me and once on AngryBirds with no explanation. I'm liking this wagon.

Vote: Insomniac

summary:
#25 - RVS
#29 - small defense of frisk (with joke)
#33 - explanation of joke
#41 - joke vote
#63 - setup speculation
#119 - joke accusation
#141 - removal of joke vote
#157 - setup speculation
#162 - "I'm terrible" defense. setup speculation. 
#222 - trying to get player modkilled
#247 - saving face regarding setup speculation
#332 - Noncommittal "I'm still here" post
#334 - "I'm terrible" defense. First true content showing suspicion on me and Robz's wagon
#366 - joke
#370 - joke
#412 - Morgrim buddying
#420 - joke after suspicion placed on him indirectly
#450 - looks like content, but really reiteration of 334
#462 - fluff, lying fluff
#467 - promises to vote for me before deadline
#486 - "How am I lurking"... look at your posts.  Also backs away from all content he's given so far calling me town along with angrybirds and robz.
#491 - Scumhunting? What?! (Really just a very safe question to Grujah as to why he isn't catching up to the thread)
#510 - calling out lurkers (lol)
#557 - Reiterates me and Robz being town.  Votes Angrybirds for lurking (even though he called him town earlier the same IRL day)

The End

I'll join vote: Insomniac but am willing to go back to Frisk is this proves fruitless

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: August 20, 2012, 11:26:08 pm »

@Eevee, no, it is you wanting to lynch because of someone's suit.

Anyway,
I'll join vote: Insomniac but am willing to go back to Frisk Robz isf this proves fruitless
. yeah.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 20, 2012, 11:57:02 pm »

I've seen like no actual content from FTL. He gave literally no reason for his vote on me, and like one fiftieth of a reason for his vote on Grujah.

Yeah, I haven't contributed too much. There was Goko, Dark Ages, and then RMM2, and then this thread just doesn't have anything which is too serious of a scum OR towntell from, like, anybody. I voted for you at one point, O, because rereading the thread up to that point you seemed sort of scummy, like the Troll O that made a wagon on me in Medical Mafia MV. Wasn't anything concrete, I guess the Ragevote in this thread reminded me of the trollvote in that one. Hmm. Still does I guess, now that you bring it up.

At this point I'll sheep Galz in the "will vote for anybody" mentality. At the risk of sheeping scum...

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 21, 2012, 03:07:58 am »

Yeah, I haven't contributed too much. There was Goko, Dark Ages, and then RMM2, and then this thread just doesn't have anything which is too serious of a scum OR towntell from, like, anybody. I voted for you at one point, O, because rereading the thread up to that point you seemed sort of scummy, like the Troll O that made a wagon on me in Medical Mafia MV. Wasn't anything concrete, I guess the Ragevote in this thread reminded me of the trollvote in that one. Hmm. Still does I guess, now that you bring it up.

At this point I'll sheep Galz in the "will vote for anybody" mentality. At the risk of sheeping scum...
The thing is, though, you did post, if barely. You could have added some content, but what, you decided not to? Lame.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 21, 2012, 04:05:01 am »

And all you contribute here is a defense?

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 21, 2012, 04:09:05 am »

ftl is acting scummy.

Mad, I tell you.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 64  All

Page created in 0.947 seconds with 20 queries.