Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165505 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #450 on: August 20, 2012, 02:37:49 am »

I'm not voting because although I'm suspicious of Axxle I'm also suspicious of his wagon, and I'm not convinced Axxle is scum I mean sure he egged on the Robz/Birds fiasco but even thats not that bad he was probably just pushing for a scum slip
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 20, 2012, 02:57:06 am »

Axxle is being vote on I guess because he's the only one talking, according to the votecoutns. More talking = more scumslips. I guess I'm glad I unvoted there and he's not at L-1.

Not okay with: an angrybirds lynch, a me lynch.
Okay with: basically any other lynch.

hey let's Vote: Grujah

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 20, 2012, 06:06:30 am »

Suspect me a lot, never even mention yuma (who is mafia, revealed day 6). Eventually settle on voting for morgrim, who then selfhammers and flips town. Yeah, the usual.

IMO, mobs should NEVER kill morgrim. Vigs, on other hand, should.

Can you explain this thinking please?

He is a mislynch waiting to happen. Only game where he wasn't mislynched was MVI because I vouched for him; otherwise he would have died.
Why kill someone who can save you a day?

Vig, on other hand (no one-shot, full), can get a potential mob but generally not too much helpful townie out of the way.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 20, 2012, 07:25:11 am »

Axxle is being vote on I guess because he's the only one talking, according to the votecoutns. More talking = more scumslips. I guess I'm glad I unvoted there and he's not at L-1.

Not okay with: an angrybirds lynch, a me lynch.
Okay with: basically any other lynch.

hey let's Vote: Grujah
Just because you are OK with a random lynch doesn't mean you should automatically vote randomly. That got me lynched in M2 and M3.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 20, 2012, 08:55:16 am »

Galz has not posted in forever. was he also vla? his last post that had content was to vote for axxle, i think he just wanted to jump on that and ride it out without putting in any effort or attracting any attention

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 20, 2012, 09:18:23 am »

Galz has not posted in forever. was he also vla? his last post that had content was to vote for axxle, i think he just wanted to jump on that and ride it out without putting in any effort or attracting any attention

I was actually the first person to FoS him, and (I believe) the second vote (maybe third?). The only reason my vote left Axxle (and then went back on) was because of a momentarily distracted vote on Volt. I've been one of the earliest to vote Axxle, and one of the earliest to make a case against him. Please read the thread (and my posts) before claiming that my votes had no reason, or that I was just climbing aboard wagons, which is a flat out lie.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 20, 2012, 11:11:47 am »

Whoever we decide to lynch, we need to do it well enough in advance of deadline to allow time for any roleclaims.  Given the setup, there appears to be only about a 25% chance of each individual player being a VT.  So odds are whoever we push to L-1 is going to roleclaim and then we need time to deal with that.

I still don't like Axxle's behavior.  I haven't seen an argument that pushes anyone else as significantly scummier than Axxle.  Though I would support a Grujah lynch at this point for what appears to be a willful refusal to get up to speed and contribute helpfully to the thread (maybe sharky's lurking wasn't JUST computer-related, but also influenced by his being scum?). 

Whatever the case, we really need to push to some kind of consensus and do so with significant time left before deadline.  angrybirds said that if forced to choose between Robz and Axxle, he would vote Axxle.  Perhaps all of us who aren't currently voting one or the other should answer that same question.  And if the answer is "absolutely neither of them," what about a Grujah lynch instead?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 20, 2012, 11:18:44 am »

I can't imagine a scum Grujah deciding not to read the earlier part of the thread. That's such an obviously irritable thing to do.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 20, 2012, 11:20:45 am »

Whoever we decide to lynch, we need to do it well enough in advance of deadline to allow time for any roleclaims.  Given the setup, there appears to be only about a 25% chance of each individual player being a VT.  So odds are whoever we push to L-1 is going to roleclaim and then we need time to deal with that.

I still don't like Axxle's behavior.  I haven't seen an argument that pushes anyone else as significantly scummier than Axxle.  Though I would support a Grujah lynch at this point for what appears to be a willful refusal to get up to speed and contribute helpfully to the thread (maybe sharky's lurking wasn't JUST computer-related, but also influenced by his being scum?). 

Whatever the case, we really need to push to some kind of consensus and do so with significant time left before deadline.  angrybirds said that if forced to choose between Robz and Axxle, he would vote Axxle.  Perhaps all of us who aren't currently voting one or the other should answer that same question.  And if the answer is "absolutely neither of them," what about a Grujah lynch instead?
Lurker lynches usually go pretty bad for us on f.DS.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 20, 2012, 11:23:42 am »

Lurker lynches usually go pretty bad for us on f.DS.

I don't think I agree, actually. How often do we lynch people for lurking? Pretty rarely. And I can think of two cases where a big-time lurker actually was scum: Glooble in MIV and MVI. Of course there's Yuma, too, in MV (and to SOME extent MIII, although I wouldn't call him a lurker, just quiet).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 20, 2012, 11:45:56 am »

If he fiasco of mafia VII taught me something, it is that lurkers are like really bad for town. Screw lynch all liars, lynch all lurkers imo.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 20, 2012, 11:47:50 am »

If he fiasco of mafia VII taught me something, it is that lurkers are like really bad for town. Screw lynch all liars, lynch all lurkers imo.

Yes. Lurkers are anti-town, and sometimes turn out to be mafia, and we don't kill them enough.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 20, 2012, 11:50:49 am »

Everybody in this game has been quite a bit lurky, cept for Axxle.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 20, 2012, 11:54:10 am »

That is a point in his favor. I don't know if it's enough to unvote him, mostly because I don't want a No Lynch, and I don't know what other direction we could go (other than me). Of course, part of the reason I don't know that is because no one is talking. If you want to take on a random lurker, I might be game for that.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 20, 2012, 11:54:32 am »

By take on, I mean give votes to in order to gain a response. Not, like, quick lynch.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 20, 2012, 12:03:00 pm »

That is a point in his favor. I don't know if it's enough to unvote him, mostly because I don't want a No Lynch, and I don't know what other direction we could go (other than me). Of course, part of the reason I don't know that is because no one is talking. If you want to take on a random lurker, I might be game for that.

But aren't the majority of Axxle's posts one-liners?*  Just because he has a higher raw post-count than anyone else doesn't necessarily mean he's the least lurky out of all of us.  (Nor is he amongst the MOST lurky, either)

*caveat:  this is my recollection/impression without having gone back to review

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 20, 2012, 12:05:11 pm »

But aren't the majority of Axxle's posts one-liners?*  Just because he has a higher raw post-count than anyone else doesn't necessarily mean he's the least lurky out of all of us.  (Nor is he amongst the MOST lurky, either)

*caveat:  this is my recollection/impression without having gone back to review

No, you're right, I don't think its super substancy. But even vapid one-liners would put him well above like 4 or 5 other people at this point, I think.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 20, 2012, 12:13:33 pm »

If it comes down to deadline I would definetly be willing to lynch Axxle I just find the case on him a bit flimsy, but there isn't much else to go on as it seems people have settled on either Axxle or Robz.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 20, 2012, 12:27:30 pm »

If it comes down to deadline I would definetly be willing to lynch Axxle I just find the case on him a bit flimsy, but there isn't much else to go on as it seems people have settled on either Axxle or Robz.

Softclaim: Once I claim you will no longer want to lynch me.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 20, 2012, 12:29:28 pm »

Here we go. :-\

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 20, 2012, 12:30:48 pm »

Oh boy. Unvote, I guess?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 20, 2012, 12:33:09 pm »

This seems like a weird claim; I currently count the following people as definitely not lurking.
Yuma, Voltgloss, myself, Robz (not anymore after his busy start), ftl, Captain Frisk, Axxle
Some people are doing a bit better recently than the start
Eevee, Grujah (after taking over for sharkbait), Morgrim
Some people seem on and off
ehunt, galzria, insomniac, o, sparky
Some people seem like they just don't like posting much
angry, o

I haven't updated my post count in a while, so I'm not ready to say any of these people have been suspiciously lurking.  But if everyone had 50+ posts like Axxle, we would have more than 32 pages to sift through.  That would be too much.  Just because not everyone is flooding, doesn't mean we're all lurking.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 20, 2012, 12:40:21 pm »

This seems like a weird claim; I currently count the following people as definitely not lurking.
Yuma, Voltgloss, myself, Robz (not anymore after his busy start), ftl, Captain Frisk, Axxle
Some people are doing a bit better recently than the start
Eevee, Grujah (after taking over for sharkbait), Morgrim
Some people seem on and off
ehunt, galzria, insomniac, o, sparky
Some people seem like they just don't like posting much
angry, o

I haven't updated my post count in a while, so I'm not ready to say any of these people have been suspiciously lurking.  But if everyone had 50+ posts like Axxle, we would have more than 32 pages to sift through.  That would be too much.  Just because not everyone is flooding, doesn't mean we're all lurking.

I think I've posted more content than you TBH.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 20, 2012, 12:43:46 pm »

Oh boy. Unvote, I guess?
It's just that.. this road leads directly to a VT lynch or nolynch. Unless Axxle claims a specific card and risks a counterclaim? Would that be our best option with so many power roles around?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 20, 2012, 12:45:46 pm »

I actually think we need to stop this "you need to claim at L-1 shenanigans" that f.ds is into.

And look, I am following everything past to point of my joining, don't see why it is a problem.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 64  All

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 20 queries.