Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165972 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #425 on: August 19, 2012, 09:04:59 pm »

Basically everybody is a lurker at this point...

Well, why?

Come on, you oldies, get some communications going! I am new here, I need new stuff flowing.

Gogogogo!

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 19, 2012, 09:22:01 pm »

Man - I finally get around to catching up (my wife is totally not pro-town about spending time scum hunting) - and there's nothing here.  I refuse to defend myself against ehunt for Morgrim hunting - because as other people have pointed out Morgrim is not the person you want to have around lylo.  Based on his previous play - if I was going to random lynch someone - it would be morgrim 9 times out of 10.  He's just as likely to have drawn scum as any of the rest of us.  Yes - my vote was during RVS.
</rant>
My vote remains on RobZ because I didn't like the way he backed of Angry Birds after he was called out on it, although to be fair he did say he would unvote.  Angry birds has been lurking - and probably could have stood to be pressed a little harder.  He hasn't posted in 4 days - and I'm fully aware that I'm the pot calling the kettle black in this instance.

Let's do some post counts instead and make some people post more:

424 posts over 16 players + mod means average post count will be 25

1. Insomniac - 18
2. Voltgloss - 30
3. Captain_Frisk - 24 (25 with this post)
4. shark_bait Grujah - 8 (!!!!!) - i think the broken computer excuse is over now.
5. Eevee - 16
6. Robz888 - 25
7. O - 23
8. yuma - 27
9. ftl - 41
10. Galzria - 25
11. shraeye -34
12. angrybirds - 17
13. sparky5856 - 20
14. Morgrim7 - 17
15. Axxle - 52 (!!!!)
16. ehunt - 22

Man - I've been lurking and I'm still in the middle?  This is a pretty cool game folks!

Grujah / shark_bait - whats going on?
Angrybirds - come back and talk to us.  What do you think of ehunt's vote on me?  Do you like RobZ or Axxle?  How many rounds would they go in a boxing match?
Insomniac - why aren't you voting?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 19, 2012, 09:26:16 pm »

Morgrim is a better vig target than lynch target.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 19, 2012, 09:26:37 pm »

Morgrim is a better vig target than lynch target.
Although we aren't gauranteed a vig.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 19, 2012, 09:34:40 pm »

Man - I finally get around to catching up (my wife is totally not pro-town about spending time scum hunting) - and there's nothing here.

Vote: Mrs. Frisk

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 19, 2012, 09:40:30 pm »

Man - I finally get around to catching up (my wife is totally not pro-town about spending time scum hunting) - and there's nothing here.

Vote: Mrs. Frisk

I'll pass that on.  Any thoughts on the game?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 19, 2012, 09:42:15 pm »

Dunno. Drunk. Robz can confirm.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 19, 2012, 09:49:56 pm »

I confirm.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 19, 2012, 09:50:38 pm »

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 19, 2012, 09:56:12 pm »

Nice way to up the post count Grujah, keep it up.

@all
I wouldnt be that worried of people not participating that much on day 1. Day 1 is hard! Especially with a town this size. Tomorrow, we'll have the night kills to analyze, maybe some power role results or claims, hopefully a wagon. One could almost say "that's when the real game begins". People have not had a tendency to drop huge scumslips on day 1, not even with Robz and Galzria pressuring them like madmen.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: August 19, 2012, 09:58:06 pm »

Nice way to up the post count Grujah, keep it up.

@all
I wouldnt be that worried of people not participating that much on day 1. Day 1 is hard! Especially with a town this size. Tomorrow, we'll have the night kills to analyze, maybe some power role results or claims, hopefully a wagon. One could almost say "that's when the real game begins". People have not had a tendency to drop huge scumslips on day 1, not even with Robz and Galzria pressuring them like madmen.

Sometimes we break Jotheonah, though. Get Insomniac killed. You know, the usual.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 19, 2012, 09:58:34 pm »

Eevee, I cannot do anything to fix sharky's low postcount, and I really cannot go and reread 16 pages. I started my game when I first posted. So far no good reads, except that Eevee feels town (he always does to me, though).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 19, 2012, 09:59:55 pm »

Suspect me a lot, never even mention yuma (who is mafia, revealed day 6). Eventually settle on voting for morgrim, who then selfhammers and flips town. Yeah, the usual.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 19, 2012, 10:01:01 pm »

Eevee, I cannot do anything to fix sharky's low postcount, and I really cannot go and reread 16 pages. I started my game when I first posted. So far no good reads, except that Eevee feels town (he always does to me, though).
Buddying up to me so I'd drop the charges? Consider it done!  :-*

Fwiw, I've been town in every (finished) game you've read here. So yay for reading me well I guess?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 19, 2012, 10:01:23 pm »

Suspect me a lot, never even mention yuma (who is mafia, revealed day 6). Eventually settle on voting for morgrim, who then selfhammers and flips town. Yeah, the usual.

IMO, mobs should NEVER kill morgrim. Vigs, on other hand, should.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 19, 2012, 10:02:09 pm »

Fwiw, I've been town in every (finished) game you've read here. So yay for reading me well I guess?

Lies. You've been Mob in MI or MII or MIII.

Lynch all the Liars.

Vote: Eevee.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 19, 2012, 10:03:28 pm »

Eevee come to iso, I need some fodder.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 19, 2012, 10:22:46 pm »

Lies. You've been Mob in MI or MII or MIII.

Lynch all the Liars.

Vote: Eevee.
Didnt know you read III. Coming!

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 19, 2012, 11:02:49 pm »

Angrybirds - come back and talk to us.  What do you think of ehunt's vote on me?  Do you like RobZ or Axxle?  How many rounds would they go in a boxing match?

I've been gone over the weekend vacationing with the whole fam damnily. ehunt's vote on you?
well according to Shraye it is second earliest active vote, so it was made pretty early

i agree with O that his long post was contentless, but I think that voting for you for morgrim-hunting isn't ideal. does he have other reasons for doing so?

I vote for Galzaria. but if i had to vote for either robz or axxle, it would be axxle. In a boxing match they would both shake hands and decide to settle it thru dominion, robz would win.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 19, 2012, 11:19:04 pm »

Vote Count

Galzria (1): angrybirds
Captain_Frisk (1): ehunt
Robz888 (3): Captain_Frisk, Axxle, Morgrim7
Axxle (6): Eevee, shraeye, Galzria, Voltgloss, Robz888, O,
shraeye (1): yuma
O (1): ftl
ehunt (1): O
Eevee (1): Grujah

not voting (1): Insomniac

with 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch.

I really hope that's right.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 19, 2012, 11:23:38 pm »

Fun fact: ftl's vote on Axxle actually put him at L-1 briefly.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 19, 2012, 11:42:27 pm »

Day 1 is hard! Especially with a town this size. Tomorrow, we'll have the night kills to analyze, maybe some power role results or claims, hopefully a wagon. One could almost say "that's when the real game begins". People have not had a tendency to drop huge scumslips on day 1, not even with Robz and Galzria pressuring them like madmen.
I echo Eevee here.  I think the post rate has really dropped, not just because of Dark Ages/Goko, but also because people feel like they've mined all these posts for about as much as they can.  Looking at kills/flips/vote orders and agreements/disagreements after the night phase will be more fruitful I suspect.  I can keep hunting around and will, but I'm currently voting for the person who feels the scummiest to me.

It's only Day 1, so this won't matter now, but here's a thought. shraeye is on the Axxle bandwagon now. Someone who's as outspoken as shraeye is will have a strong impact on the final lynch. This means that if you're mafia, you can continuously steer the town towards the wrong direction. I say this thought doesn't matter now because we don't know if this is the case. But if Axxle ends up being town, it's a thought to consider. I actually am much less certain now that Axxle is scum. He played with a different style in Mafia I, and he was scum then. I dunno, that was a while ago, so idk if that can apply.
(From Axxle) I'm not a fan of self-meta, but I'll use it anyway.  This is how I play town.  I usually ignore suspicion against me.  If try to scumhunt anyway because, hey, if I get lynched then we have the opinion of a confirmed town out there now.  If I spent the whole day trying to defend myself, I wouldn't help the town at all if I get lynched.
There are often claims of "this is how I play town."  I don't have the energy to search out others, but I know that Axxle has not been the only one (Morgrim at the very least).  These really don't clear any suspicion at all in my mind.  I think it is weird to expect that somebody's play style will never evolve, I rarely tend to do the same thing in the same circumstance every game (except chess, gotta build that opening repertoire).  To clear anyone becaues they aren't playing this game like they did in Mafia XLI (clearly fake number, since this point is for everyone, not just Axxle) is silly, because if I had mafia twice, I'd be damned sure not to do the same thing I did last time.

I've considered what might happen if Axxle flips town, and I know that that will draw a lot of heat to me.  But after all, it takes 9 to lynch so if that does happen hopefully people will realize that there have got to be some townies amongst the voters.  Maybe that's the risk I run for being vocal, but it still seems a better option to push for a particular lynch than flip my vote around amongst tons of different people waiting for the stars to align and a quick lynch to come together.  That, frankly, sounds like something scum might do, riding the waves of current popular opinion hoping to lynch whoever is convenient.  I'm certainly going to take a look over the voting records to see who's done this if I survive the first night.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 19, 2012, 11:51:11 pm »

Another thought.  Although it feels weird in this stage since we left behind RVS like 5+ days ago, Grujah has added some life to the forum with his bantering and that's nice.  Not sure if he's giving me town reads or scum reads right now.  But I do like the vitality he brings.

Also, I think it is very strange that Insomnia hasn't cast a vote yet (well, he had one RVS on Axxle on day 1).  This hesitence feels pro-town in sentiment, but I think town would benefit from hearing more voices and seeing more votes.  With fewer people talking it seems like it could be easier for mafia to strongarm us into bad decisions.  So I encourage you to tell us your analysis thusfar and to back it up with your first non-RVS vote.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 19, 2012, 11:58:22 pm »

That, and if we wind up nolynching, it's on the guys who were not using their
votes.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 19, 2012, 11:59:58 pm »

IMO, mobs should NEVER kill morgrim. Vigs, on other hand, should.

Can you explain this thinking please?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 64  All

Page created in 0.746 seconds with 20 queries.