Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165906 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #400 on: August 18, 2012, 06:04:23 pm »

@shraeye: You're giving us lots of info.  Why aren't you asking questions about it? Why didn't you ask eHunt the question I asked him?
I'm not sure what question you asked eHunt here, could you reask it?

I actually have asked about some/most of these observations; and for others, I simply watched as others asked exactly what I was curious about.  Ask me about something specific in the list if you want and I'll explain/clarify.

Also, you seem to be tunneling me, whether maliciously as scum, or accidentally as town, I don't know.  But most of this is very much centered around me:
This is true.  I posted this info to help speed Grujah up on our game a bit, but also as a way for others to see my thinking (a la ehunt/morgrim but not in their same style).  This analysis should obviously be looked at with awareness that I focused on Insomniac first, toyed with sparky being scum second, and am now feeling very sure that Axxle is the one to lynch.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 18, 2012, 06:05:51 pm »

Also, you seem to be tunneling me, whether maliciously as scum, or accidentally as town, I don't know.  But most of this is very much centered around me:

Vote: Axxle every time I have seen this equivalent sentence said it has been by scum.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 18, 2012, 07:30:40 pm »

Vote: Axxle every time I have seen this equivalent sentence said it has been by scum.
Every time I've said something equivalent I've been town.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 18, 2012, 10:23:32 pm »

Robz's absence from earlier is due to well-documented V/LAness. His hard press on angrybirds, followed by his backing off, does not strike me as scummy at all. It's very typical day one play for anyone, especially for Robz. I don't understand why he's got so many votes.

You call that an explanation? I can't imagine why you think random hard presses without basis typical day one play for anyone.

Unless you're saying Robz action was RVS action, in which case, why are you FOSing Grujah?

Finally, you ignored my "very town" point.

I think those folks are very town. Would you rather that I lie? Nobody posted for a day, so I listed my thoughts.
...and I like that. I think I will.

1. Insomniac: Still a little scummy, not so bad. Lurking, though.
2. Voltgloss: Same as eHunt
3. Captain_Frisk: Vote for me is scummy, but I think it was all in jest.
4. Grujah: meh. No idea.
5. Eevee: lurking
6. Robz888: Scum for reasons stated earlier.
7. O: No read
8. yuma: meh no read
9. ftl: smae as eHunt
10. Galzria: probably town
11. shraeye: geez he confuses me
12. angrybirds: town, maybe
13. sparky5856: townish
14. Morgrim7: Obvscum.  ;) :D
15. Axxle: Axxle being Axxle
16. ehunt: Town. really like how he posted his thoughts.

Town Morgrim has never made one of these before.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 18, 2012, 10:26:25 pm »

Actually, it was rare that townGrim ever actually posted his opinion on anyone, he was always "good enough for me" kinda guy.

So, Morg, why are you suddenly making a big leap from sheeping other people's reads to making your own?

(ok, I know that MorgHunting isn't really useful, but this is a different Morg, it seems)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 19, 2012, 12:07:19 am »

Actually, it was rare that townGrim ever actually posted his opinion on anyone, he was always "good enough for me" kinda guy.

So, Morg, why are you suddenly making a big leap from sheeping other people's reads to making your own?

(ok, I know that MorgHunting isn't really useful, but this is a different Morg, it seems)
People want me to post more. And, because I am town, I should do what the town wants me to do. (It also helps me improve my mafai play! :)
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 19, 2012, 12:33:14 am »

People want me to post more. And, because I am town, I should do what the town wants me to do. (It also helps me improve my mafai play! :)
Mafia slip
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 19, 2012, 12:44:56 am »

Really, axxle? Looking for mafia slips in Morgrim misspeaking words is a scumtell!

Vote: Axxle

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 19, 2012, 12:55:07 am »

Really, axxle? Looking for mafia slips in Morgrim misspeaking words is a scumtell!

Vote: ftl for not realizing it was with 90% probability a joke.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 19, 2012, 03:12:16 am »

Vote: ftl for not realizing it was with 90% probability a joke.
if serious itd have vote

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 19, 2012, 09:51:14 am »

Even if you think morg suddenly making lists and stuff means he is scum, dont vote for him yet. We really font want to discourage that behavior!

Oh and ehunt, the reason I post too little is just that the town is soo huge, especially when poaying in multiple games, its o hard to even remember everyone let alone take good reads. I do agree its very unlike me to play like this. I promise try to get more active!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 19, 2012, 11:15:43 am »

Lol @ eevee - if he is scum, don't vote for him, cuz he plays town scum.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 19, 2012, 12:33:29 pm »

Keep up the good work Morgrim!
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 19, 2012, 01:38:17 pm »

obviously not what i meant.

if a lot of people insta-vote you for doing something, how likely are you to do it again?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 19, 2012, 01:43:18 pm »

it's depressing how little we've progressed in this game.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 19, 2012, 01:49:19 pm »

obviously not what i meant.

if a lot of people insta-vote you for doing something, how likely are you to do it again?

Dude, I am smarter than to go Morgrim hunting now, don't worry about the guy  ;D

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 19, 2012, 02:58:39 pm »

Back:

I don't agree with the Axxle wagon, nor do I like the Robz wagon that was forming.

I am still getting the same read from shraeye, but it appears that no one agrees with me... voltgloss mentioned getting a similar vibe a while back but I don't think I have seen anything else since then... added to that is shraeye's vote for Axxle.

As such, I am keeping my vote on shraeye, but could be persuaded to vote elsewhere, but unless something drastic changes, not for Axxle or Robz. I just dont' see the scumminess that everyone else is so sure about.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 19, 2012, 03:06:32 pm »

Oh ok if it was a joke then unvote

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 19, 2012, 05:41:44 pm »

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been as active recently. The deadline is in a few days am I correct? It's been a while since I've thoroughly checked this thread, so let me go back on yuma's vote post on shraeye. I'll also have some new ideas that disagree with my old ones, since it's been a few days.

The person who does seem most mafia to me is actually the complete opposite of my previous post, and disagrees with a couple other townspeople.

vote: shraeye

With all of the voting toward lurkers--both in this game and in others--it seem to me that mafia members would be very aware of not lurking. shraeye seems to have an astute enough mind to recognize this and is doing everything to make sure (she/he?) isn't put into the lurker category. I don't buy all of the long, long posts as evidence of town, but perhaps instead is evidence of covering up being mafia.

But Volt wanted votes, so there is mine

And recalling back at this...

O, post more! I haven't heard from you in 3.5 days!
sharkbait, post more! I haven't heard from you in 3 days!
sparky, post more!
Robz, post more!
Eevee, post more!
angrybirds, post more!
You all have only 7 posts by my count.  And actually sharkbait has only 5.

Galz!! Respond to angrybirds!
i am going to vote:Galzeria because he is playing just like a person who wants us to think he is town
i am going to keep my vote on him   at least until he responds and i can see a little bit more of him before i change my mind about anything

Here shraeye makes it exceptionally clear implicitly that he is against lurkers, and he has shown that he's not one himself.

It's only Day 1, so this won't matter now, but here's a thought. shraeye is on the Axxle bandwagon now. Someone who's as outspoken as shraeye is will have a strong impact on the final lynch. This means that if you're mafia, you can continuously steer the town towards the wrong direction. I say this thought doesn't matter now because we don't know if this is the case. But if Axxle ends up being town, it's a thought to consider. I actually am much less certain now that Axxle is scum. He played with a different style in Mafia I, and he was scum then. I dunno, that was a while ago, so idk if that can apply.

I'm not a fan of self-meta, but I'll use it anyway.  This is how I play town.  I usually ignore suspicion against me.  If try to scumhunt anyway because, hey, if I get lynched then we have the opinion of a confirmed town out there now.  If I spent the whole day trying to defend myself, I wouldn't help the town at all if I get lynched.

yuma's development is interesting (because it's newer and goes against most of what is going on at the moment). I think more people should respond to him. so now my thoughts on shraeye are unknown. To make it more certain that people will discuss this and less likely that the day will end suddenly, UNVOTE: Axxle.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 19, 2012, 06:32:43 pm »

A few days 'till deadline

No major wagons that have taken off

therefore, mafia among lurkers/nonvoters.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 19, 2012, 06:39:07 pm »

Seems like a solid plan...wait a tick...
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 19, 2012, 06:40:23 pm »

Basically everybody is a lurker at this point...
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 19, 2012, 08:07:13 pm »

Deadline is in 4 days.  I suggest everyone vote for me or Robz or give us a new lynch target so we don't quicklynch someone because of a late roleclaim.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 19, 2012, 08:32:55 pm »

Deadline is in 4 days.  I suggest everyone vote for me or Robz or give us a new lynch target so we don't quicklynch someone because of a late roleclaim.

shraeye

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 19, 2012, 08:48:59 pm »

Basically everybody is a lurker at this point...

THE MAFIA IS AMONG EVERYONE
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 64  All

Page created in 1.836 seconds with 20 queries.