Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165832 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #375 on: August 17, 2012, 05:02:27 pm »

One theory that I developed over the years that may be completely bonkers is that longer posts = pro-town.
At least on mafiascum, walls of text are scumtells.
It means that you're putting more effort into protecting the good guys. With mafia, it's hard to do that. Moreover, if mafia just try to disprove anyone whenever the opportunity presents itself, instead of putting their thoughts into one specific issue (because maybe it makes them look uncomfortable? the heart of the issue is that they're mafia maybe?), it gives them more room into faking innocence. Someone who fits this bill perfectly, is Axxle. His posts seem to be all over the map, and they don't add much. Perhaps he always plays like that?
Yes, I tend to be very fluid with my vote Day 1.
And I have yet to see him answer this question:

I guess Morgrim mentioned that Galz looked real scummy because
He's been awfully quiet, (something he doesn't normally do) and when he does say something, its like this:
I apologize for the delay. I'm trying to get caught up everywhere but I'm exhausted. I see I have 4 votes on me? Exciting times! Still, those of you waiting for answers will need to wait a little bit longer. I need to catch some Zzz's (and trust me, they've been elusive). Luckily, other games should be moving into Night soon, so I should have time to catch up on all (...8? >.>) pages here tomorrow.

Is this the reason that he looked scummy to you ftl?  Or was it really just because you wanted there to be a bandwagon?  What was the reason for your vote, Axxle?  Is there really something to that Lie Detector role?  I wonder if there's something I've missed but I have only the neutralest of reads on Galz so far.  Hey Galz, post more!
The reason I gave was that he was trying to be protown, but wasn't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to see more (serious) engagement from him.
Sure.

Appears to be posting just for the sake of not lurking. I feel he isnt helping town as much as he could.
So you admit that I *am* helping the town?

Galz put FoS on Axxle, and Axxle has not yet responded to this.  Bury instead of respond?  Here's not letting that work.
No, just didn't think it needed responding to.  His FOS was about me not posting a lot, and I really wasn't posting a lot.

Our case on Axxle is what?  Not very engaged? 

No, my current case on him is his way of redirecting heat.  At the most recent votecount he had 5 votes (that's the most for 1 person so far), and although ftl peels off of him, I would still be worried in his place.  But instead of spending any post-time on himself, Axxle starts prodding at the Robz v. angrybirds nonconflict, seemingly purposely misinterpreting it to make it bigger than it was.  This is the exact thing that happened the first time heat pointed at him.  Galz said he got the worst vibe from Axxle so far (i talked about this in 267), and Axxle immediately jumps over ftl for miscounting things.

Eevee's read on Axxle is that he's not helping town, but still posting(#262).  He's posting a lot, his post count is only bested by ftl.  That's crazy considering that he hasn't done much that seemed productive to me.  The few times he threw his weight around were the above cited times when it felt more like heat-redirecting to me.

Sparky contends that Axxle is really into disproving anyone when the opportunity presents itself instead of really focusing on one issue. (#211 for a more detailed description by sparky)

Galz (#236) cites lack of content in Axxles posts, and lack of the driven scumhunting that he was expecting.  I don't think any of us have main points that Axxle simply isn't engaged.  He's engaged, I feel; but, he's focused on completely the wrong things.

I'm really not that engaged.  The reason why I'm focusing on the Galz/Angrybirds situation is that it was the most recent scummy thing to I saw after I started to become more engaged.  It's *hard* to go over this thread again with any kind of schedule.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 17, 2012, 05:04:22 pm »

or is the thing Axxle is explaining necessarily a scumtell.
But in this case it is because you're scum.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 17, 2012, 06:22:23 pm »

I read walls of text as towntells.. but yours still looked scummy to me.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 17, 2012, 09:25:15 pm »

I know, I know you'd never steal, Jack.

Hi, shark_bait here! Now, can anyone fill me in on what's happening?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 17, 2012, 09:37:38 pm »

vote: yuma

You can never trust a yuma.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 17, 2012, 11:33:04 pm »

All right folks - goko mania took hold of me today - and I couldn't bring myself to dedicate the time to catch up - will do so first thing tomorrow AM.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 17, 2012, 11:38:24 pm »

Couldn't look away from the train wreck?

(won't this be confusing)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 18, 2012, 01:39:46 pm »

No posts in this game for a day! FOS: everyone...

OK, stream-of-consciousness big list post in a minute. Having a hard time designing a narrative to capture what's going on in this game.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 18, 2012, 01:51:04 pm »

1. Insomniac - I did not totally follow the suggest-we-suit-claim incident, but as I believe I said at the time, I don't think Insomniac's behavior was anti-town (even though suit-claiming is bad). He's been pretty absent lately.

2. Voltgloss - strong town read. Really appreciate how he has kept the conversation alive, which is what's killing this town.

3. Captain_Frisk - scum read. Morgrim-bashes, which is a scumtell since Frisk knows how Morgrim acts. When I call him out on it, he argues sarcastically, waits a while, then unvotes, saying it was just an RVS vote. Now lurking. My vote remains on him.

4. shark_bait/ Grujah - Grujah wants it to be RVS all over again even though the game's been going on for a week. Light scum read.

5. Eevee - no read. Unlike eevee to post so little, but there's so much noise.

6. Robz888 - light town read. I've already explained my position on him elsewhere.

7. O - barely realize he's in this game, which gives me a light scum read. I also disagreed with his vote on Robz.

8. yuma - doing hard detective work, although I disagreed with his reads.

9. ftl - I already explained my position on the "fifth vote" issue. Neutral to town read.

10. Galzria - very town. Could be more helpful.

11. shraeye - very town.

12. angrybirds - I did not get a scum read on Robz off the Robz/angrybirds fight. I did get a town read off AB though.

13. sparky5856 - very town, although I confuse sparky and shraeye which is bad.

14. Morgrim7 - Morgrim being Morgrim. Wish he would post more.

15. Axxle - I believe I addressed the Axxlewagon above and there are no new developments.

16. ehunt - hi.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 18, 2012, 01:55:01 pm »

4. shark_bait/ Grujah - Grujah wants it to be RVS all over again even though the game's been going on for a week. Light scum read.

I won't read 16 pages of previous stuff. I will read anything from my first post on. I have nothing strong to vote. If you want, you can give me quotes/numbers of most important posts (anyone can).

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 18, 2012, 03:22:09 pm »

VOTE: EHUNT for a long contentless post.

"I disagreed with his vote on Robz" --> Provides no reason for disagreeing, hell, he doesn't even seem to know why I voted for robz.
FOSing a replace-in because he's "not out of RVS yet" when nobody is really out of RVS yet.

And finally, a bunch of "very town's" without justification suggests buddying up to people.

Inb4zomgitsOMGUS.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 18, 2012, 03:34:13 pm »

I won't read 16 pages of previous stuff. I will read anything from my first post on. I have nothing strong to vote. If you want, you can give me quotes/numbers of most important posts (anyone can).
I suggest looking at the current vote count, Ctrl-F'ing to see where people voted and why they voted.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 18, 2012, 03:50:43 pm »

Hey Grujah, here's my summary.  I've got a list of the order votes have been made in (vote re-affirmations aren't listed).  Sometimes the timing of the votes can be interesting but I haven't recorded it. (R) indicates a vote that seemed very RVS to me.  Names are abbreviated.  Colored vote are current votes.
History
Frisk->Morgrim (R)
Axxle->Eevee (R)
Insom->Axxle (R)
ftl->Galzria (R)
shraeye->Morg (R)
yuma->angry (R)
Insom->yuma
ftl->Morg
O->Frisk (R)
Morg->Frisk (R)
angry->Shraeye (R)
O->Galz
ftl->Axxle
Volt->ehunt (R)
angry->Galz
yuma->shark/G
Axxle->Galz
ftl->Galz
shraeye->Insom
Volt->Insom
Morg->Insom
ehunt->Frisk
O->Volt
Axxle->ftl
Volt->Robz
Robz->angry
Eevee->Axxle
sparky->shark/G
shraeye->Axxle
ftl->Axxle
Galz->Axxle
sparky->Axxle
O->Robz
Axxle->Robz
yuma->shraeye
ftl->Robz
Frisk->robz
Morg->Robz
Volt->Insom
Galz->Volt
Volt->Galz
ftl->O (R)
Galz->Axxle
Volt->Axxle
Robz->Axxle
Grujah->yuma (R)
O->ehunt

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's too much text to post it twice.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 18, 2012, 03:59:03 pm »

Also, here are posts I found interesting along with my short summary of it to remind myself.  Some of these have been discussed loudly and often, some maybe not at all.  These are just the things about other people that I for some reason wanted to remember at the time. 

#45/#50 Voltgloss wants suitclaims, explains in #109, sounds good
#49 ftl assumes there are only Mafia/town, explains in #150/#158
#51 Axxle assumes there are only Mafia/town, answers in #149
#63 Insomgate #157, #162, #247
#83 sparky thinks major arcana should claim as such, explains at #100
#117 angrybirds makes an unusual vote on Galz, explains in #147/#235
#156 ehunt somewhat defends Insom
#175 Eevee suggests we would know if someone No-killed
#176 sparky goes off on bad math, accuses Insom/protects insom (no switch)
#204 Galz defends self
#236 Galz suspects Axxle, so does eevee #262, so does sparky #211
#237 ftl miscounts
#245 ehunts 5th-vote argument
#292 Axxle contradicts self (#284) in heat-redirect
#308 Frisk doesn't understand Axxlevotes, says Robzv.Angry ended too quickly
#317 Axxle votes Robz for not ending soon enough
#334 Insom suspects Axxle, doesn't vote; #343 Volt calls him out
#371 ehunt doesn't like Axxle-wagon
#383 ehunt says all his +/- thoughts

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 18, 2012, 04:03:46 pm »

VOTE: EHUNT for a long contentless post.

"I disagreed with his vote on Robz" --> Provides no reason for disagreeing, hell, he doesn't even seem to know why I voted for robz.
FOSing a replace-in because he's "not out of RVS yet" when nobody is really out of RVS yet.

And finally, a bunch of "very town's" without justification suggests buddying up to people.

Inb4zomgitsOMGUS.
Phone post.

I explained my position on your Robz vote earlier. (I may not have addressed you by name, just criticized the Robzwagon.)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 18, 2012, 04:08:52 pm »

Robz's absence from earlier is due to well-documented V/LAness. His hard press on angrybirds, followed by his backing off, does not strike me as scummy at all. It's very typical day one play for anyone, especially for Robz. I don't understand why he's got so many votes.

You call that an explanation? I can't imagine why you think random hard presses without basis typical day one play for anyone.

Unless you're saying Robz action was RVS action, in which case, why are you FOSing Grujah?

Finally, you ignored my "very town" point. 

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 18, 2012, 04:17:02 pm »

Robz's absence from earlier is due to well-documented V/LAness. His hard press on angrybirds, followed by his backing off, does not strike me as scummy at all. It's very typical day one play for anyone, especially for Robz. I don't understand why he's got so many votes.

You call that an explanation? I can't imagine why you think random hard presses without basis typical day one play for anyone.

Unless you're saying Robz action was RVS action, in which case, why are you FOSing Grujah?

I think those folks are very town. Would you rather that I lie? Nobody posted for a day, so I listed my thoughts.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 18, 2012, 04:41:36 pm »

eHunt, you voted for CF for voting for Morgrim, but you have CF's vote for Morgrim listed as RVS.  What's your reasoning here?

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 18, 2012, 04:47:14 pm »

eHunt, you voted for CF for voting for Morgrim, but you have CF's vote for Morgrim listed as RVS.  What's your reasoning here?

Are you confusing me with Shraeye?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 18, 2012, 04:56:28 pm »

vote: Captain_Frisk. Morgrim-hunting is a scumtell.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 18, 2012, 05:18:57 pm »

No, I mean the "listed as rvs" part is something shraeye did, not me.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 18, 2012, 05:19:20 pm »

I think those folks are very town. Would you rather that I lie? Nobody posted for a day, so I listed my thoughts.
...and I like that. I think I will.

1. Insomniac: Still a little scummy, not so bad. Lurking, though.
2. Voltgloss: Same as eHunt
3. Captain_Frisk: Vote for me is scummy, but I think it was all in jest.
4. Grujah: meh. No idea.
5. Eevee: lurking
6. Robz888: Scum for reasons stated earlier.
7. O: No read
8. yuma: meh no read
9. ftl: smae as eHunt
10. Galzria: probably town
11. shraeye: geez he confuses me
12. angrybirds: town, maybe
13. sparky5856: townish
14. Morgrim7: Obvscum.  ;) :D
15. Axxle: Axxle being Axxle
16. ehunt: Town. really like how he posted his thoughts.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 18, 2012, 05:23:35 pm »

Oh, yes.  I did mix that up.

@shraeye: You're giving us lots of info.  Why aren't you asking questions about it? Why didn't you ask eHunt the question I asked him?

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 18, 2012, 05:26:27 pm »

Also, you seem to be tunneling me, whether maliciously as scum, or accidentally as town, I don't know.  But most of this is very much centered around me:

Also, here are posts I found interesting along with my short summary of it to remind myself.  Some of these have been discussed loudly and often, some maybe not at all.  These are just the things about other people that I for some reason wanted to remember at the time. 

#45/#50 Voltgloss wants suitclaims, explains in #109, sounds good
#49 ftl assumes there are only Mafia/town, explains in #150/#158
#51 Axxle assumes there are only Mafia/town, answers in #149
#63 Insomgate #157, #162, #247
#83 sparky thinks major arcana should claim as such, explains at #100
#117 angrybirds makes an unusual vote on Galz, explains in #147/#235
#156 ehunt somewhat defends Insom
#175 Eevee suggests we would know if someone No-killed
#176 sparky goes off on bad math, accuses Insom/protects insom (no switch)
#204 Galz defends self
#236 Galz suspects Axxle, so does eevee #262, so does sparky #211
#237 ftl miscounts
#245 ehunts 5th-vote argument
#292 Axxle contradicts self (#284) in heat-redirect
#308 Frisk doesn't understand Axxlevotes, says Robzv.Angry ended too quickly
#317 Axxle votes Robz for not ending soon enough
#334 Insom suspects Axxle, doesn't vote; #343 Volt calls him out
#371 ehunt doesn't like Axxle-wagon
#383 ehunt says all his +/- thoughts

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 18, 2012, 05:52:11 pm »

Yeah, RVS was totally my interpretation of it.  Don't attribute that to other players.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 64  All

Page created in 1.91 seconds with 20 queries.