Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165977 times)

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #275 on: August 14, 2012, 06:29:26 pm »

I have to profusely apologize.  My laptop died on me this morning (I'm posting from a friend's computer).  So either I need a replacement for me or I need to be removed.  I don't know how soon I'll be able to get it fixed/get a new one so it does not make sense for me to stay in this game.

Dang.

UNVOTE: shark_bait

I was hoping that that wouldn't be the defense. It always pains me to see a player that needs replacing. Too much of that happened when I played back in the day.

But enough about that. Axxle has a bandwagon. Axxle WAS another person I implied as anti-town in post #211. He makes the most sense to me at this point.

VOTE: Axxle

I haven't voted to pressure. I vote because it's how to win.

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 14, 2012, 06:34:11 pm »

Y'know what this game needs?  More votes.

They'll give us something more concrete to discuss.
And they'll put pressure on people to MAKE them discuss.

So I call on everyone who hasn't voted yet to cast a vote in their next post.  And everyone who HAS voted to either affirmatively confirm their current vote or cast a new vote. 

I'll start.

Vote: Robz888

The man said himself he's been skating by.  Let's see what happens when the ice starts to thin.

I totally deserve this. I re-read the first half of the thread but haven't had time to catch up on the rest. This game is a little daunting right now, and nothing has jumped out at me as like, "wow, look at that!" Which may mean the mafia are being quiet. And hey, I'm being quiet! Sorry no vote for myself.

Vote: Angrybirds. I will unvote you if you explain to me exactly why you are not mafia, who you think is mafia, and tell us something unique about Yuma, your twinclaim. Yuma is one mafia who always evades us.

i am not going to try and prove that i am not mafia to you. my posts and behavior should speak for themselves. if you have something suspicious or accusatory to ask me, feel free to do so and then i will respond.  i am continuing to keep my vote on galzaria, but i can now add you to my suspicious list, along with ftl

as for yuma you want unique things? well he collects bouncy balls. is that unique enough?

I followed the games he played in pretty closely and thought that he just played M3 safe and M5 even safer (in that game he only cast one vote for you the entire game). in this game he seems to be a little more aggressive, especially with sharkbait and morgrim who he is always getting after, but I dont know if that is an attempt to change his mafia behavior or if he is playing as town in his real character.
in most games he plays aggressively and to win, but not obviously or annoyingly aggressive

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 14, 2012, 06:35:24 pm »

Almost forgot to mention this.

Nothing to apologize for shraeye. That one post actually did analyze some new insights. It puts pressure on people, and that can change the flow of the game, which is what we're trying to do in the first place. Glad you're analyzing everyone, even me  :) It's part of good mafia gameplay.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 14, 2012, 06:42:22 pm »

ehunt, are you confirming your vote on Frisk?

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 14, 2012, 06:47:45 pm »

Axxle seems scummy in every game he is in that I'm in. People even think he's scummy in RMM2! I think we should accept that this is how he plays, just loke you did me.

FoS Volt for voting for someone who has been busy and trying to lynch him before he can defend himself. It isn't nice to lynch someone when they are gone. One time, you guys lynched me while I was asleep. Not cool.

sorry I haven't posted much

GOKO f5 took over my entire day today
you've posted more than some.  a lot more than some.
We're not supposed to talk about me.

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
;D  ;)
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 14, 2012, 06:52:04 pm »

ehunt, are you confirming your vote on Frisk?

It's not an rvs vote, if that's what you're asking.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 14, 2012, 07:13:11 pm »

So I call on everyone who hasn't voted yet to cast a vote in their next post.  And everyone who HAS voted to either affirmatively confirm their current vote or cast a new vote. 

I'll start.

The man said himself he's been skating by.  Let's see what happens when the ice starts to thin.

I totally deserve this. I re-read the first half of the thread but haven't had time to catch up on the rest. This game is a little daunting right now, and nothing has jumped out at me as like, "wow, look at that!" Which may mean the mafia are being quiet. And hey, I'm being quiet! Sorry no vote for myself.

Vote: Angrybirds. I will unvote you if you explain to me exactly why you are not mafia, who you think is mafia, and tell us something unique about Yuma, your twinclaim. Yuma is one mafia who always evades us.

i am not going to try and prove that i am not mafia to you. my posts and behavior should speak for themselves. if you have something suspicious or accusatory to ask me, feel free to do so and then i will respond.  i am continuing to keep my vote on galzaria, but i can now add you to my suspicious list, along with ftl

A little jumpy?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 14, 2012, 07:14:20 pm »

A little jumpy?

Yes, you do seem a little jumpy.

vote: Robz888

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 14, 2012, 07:25:22 pm »

I'll start.

A little jumpy?

no

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 14, 2012, 07:33:08 pm »

I'll start.

A little jumpy?
he pretty much did exactly what you asked.

Vote: RObz
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 14, 2012, 07:45:30 pm »

A little jumpy?

Yes, you do seem a little jumpy.

vote: Robz888

pwned

*debates in my mind, axxle or robz, axxle or robz...*

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 14, 2012, 07:46:41 pm »

I have to profusely apologize.  My laptop died on me this morning (I'm posting from a friend's computer).  So either I need a replacement for me or I need to be removed.  I don't know how soon I'll be able to get it fixed/get a new one so it does not make sense for me to stay in this game.

I guess I should unvote. it is hard to read and then vote for someone that isn't in the game anymore...

I don't like either the Axxle wagon or the Robz wagon that is building. I don't think a-birds fully addressed Robz, and Robz is trying to further elicit a response.

As for Axxle he doesn't seem scummy, he seems ?distracted? that doesn't scream mafia to me.

The person who does seem most mafia to me is actually the complete opposite of my previous post, and disagrees with a couple other townspeople.

vote: shraeye

With all of the voting toward lurkers--both in this game and in others--it seem to me that mafia members would be very aware of not lurking. shraeye seems to have an astute enough mind to recognize this and is doing everything to make sure (she/he?) isn't put into the lurker category. I don't buy all of the long, long posts as evidence of town, but perhaps instead is evidence of covering up being mafia.

But Volt wanted votes, so there is mine

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 14, 2012, 11:17:49 pm »

Here is where I think we stand

Galzria (1): angrybirds
Insomniac (1): Morgrim7
Captain_Frisk (1): ehunt
Robz (2): voltgloss, O, Axxle
Angrybirds (1): Robz
Axxle (5): Eevee, shraeye, ftl, galzria, sparky
shraeye (1): yuma

with 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 14, 2012, 11:40:46 pm »

Vote Count
Galzria (1): angrybirds
Insomniac (1): Morgrim7
Captain_Frisk (1): ehunt
Robz888 (3): Voltgloss, O, Axxle
angrybirds (1): Robz888
Axxle (5): Eevee, shraeye, ftl, Galzria, sparky5856
shraeye (1): yuma

with 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 14, 2012, 11:57:15 pm »

Oh hey, BMMMMMMM is done so we can talk about Morgrim now. Mostly I didn't want to talk about Morgrim because that game had people analyzing the Morgrim wagon trying to find my scumbuddy and I wasn't sure how to honestly say "I like having Morgrim around because he's such a magnet for scum votes at inopportune times" without referencing what was going on in that game.

Hi Morgrim, you can be a conversation topic again.

OK, this game.
Axxle: tempting lynch at first, but meh. Unvote now.
Angrybirds: town IMO.
sharaye and insom look ok,
shark_bait needs replacin'. So we won't have a sharky and a sparky.
sharky, Robz, Captain_Frisk and O all look scummier on reread. Vote: Robz .

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 15, 2012, 12:17:57 am »

Yeah, okay, really going to focus on this game more. And just in time! A little wagon is building against me.

It looks to me like O and Axxle voted for me because they didn't like my response to angrybirds?

I'll start.

A little jumpy?

I agree that he did exactly what I asked. I didn't have any problem with his response to my questions--which were just attempting to generate info on a new player I know nothing about anyway. I said, "Jumpy are we?" because he said that I looked more suspicious to him. As far as I can tell, his reason for being suspicious of me was that I had asked him these questions and voted for him. That's textbook OMGUS suspicion, isn't it?

Really, though, I don't think he's scummy. He's just an eager newbie who thought that the right thing to do when someone went after you a bit was to return the favor. So Unvote. But to be clear, I said he was jumpy because he reacted to me voting/questioning him by saying that I was suspicious. Which is jumpy, right?

I'm not quite sure why that caused O and Axxle to vote for me. Well, my cynical answer is that O is just being O, and Axxle wanted to get a wagon going that wasn't his own.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 15, 2012, 01:09:56 am »

hai giaz.  i found this thing called isotropic and itz cool and stuff.  I'll try to post something though.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 15, 2012, 01:15:00 am »

Yeah, okay, really going to focus on this game more. And just in time! A little wagon is building against me.

It looks to me like O and Axxle voted for me because they didn't like my response to angrybirds?

I'll start.

A little jumpy?

I agree that he did exactly what I asked. I didn't have any problem with his response to my questions--which were just attempting to generate info on a new player I know nothing about anyway. I said, "Jumpy are we?" because he said that I looked more suspicious to him. As far as I can tell, his reason for being suspicious of me was that I had asked him these questions and voted for him. That's textbook OMGUS suspicion, isn't it?

Really, though, I don't think he's scummy. He's just an eager newbie who thought that the right thing to do when someone went after you a bit was to return the favor. So Unvote. But to be clear, I said he was jumpy because he reacted to me voting/questioning him by saying that I was suspicious. Which is jumpy, right?

I'm not quite sure why that caused O and Axxle to vote for me. Well, my cynical answer is that O is just being O, and Axxle wanted to get a wagon going that wasn't his own.

It's not really OMGUS.  He didn't vote for you, or even FOS you.  He didn't call on other players to scrutinize your play.  He just put you in a personal category. 

Why did you unvote him? He hasn't stopped being scummy in your eyes right?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 15, 2012, 01:56:58 am »

With all of the voting toward lurkers--both in this game and in others--it seem to me that mafia members would be very aware of not lurking. shraeye seems to have an astute enough mind to recognize this and is doing everything to make sure (she/he?) isn't put into the lurker category. I don't buy all of the long, long posts as evidence of town, but perhaps instead is evidence of covering up being mafia.
I agree that f.DS has pretty much been jumping over lurking being a scumtell, so much so that it isn't even really a scumtell anymore.  Galz caught some flak for not posting, when he had given us a V/LA warning; this seemed unwarrented by me.  I'm not super certain Galz is towny, but his not posting isn't scummy behavior.  Similarly, I don't post long, long posts to appear towny.  Post frequency indicates talkativeness and post length indicates wordiness.  I don't think either should be used as primary clues for scumminess/towniness.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 15, 2012, 02:03:53 am »

It's not really OMGUS.  He didn't vote for you, or even FOS you.  He didn't call on other players to scrutinize your play.  He just put you in a personal category. 

Why did you unvote him? He hasn't stopped being scummy in your eyes right?

I'm not sure if you're actually using a super specific definition for OMGUS here, or if you're just being difficult.  Robz perfectly described this situation, so much so that I can completely answer your questions.  The only patent reason for angrybirds being suspicious of Robz is Robz's question-asking and angrybirds-voting.  In response to this angrybirds says he can add Robs to his personal suspicious list.  Sure he never said vote-robz, or FoS-robz, but maybe he's just not using your technical lingo.  He literally said that he is suspicious of Robz, so why are yousaying this isn't FoS?  Because he didn't use those letter combinations?  Ridiculous.

Robz unvoted angrybirds because, as you said yourself, angrybirds did all Robz asked him to do, and those were the conditions of Robz unvoting.  Robz never said that angrybirds looked scummy, maybe he thought that, but probably he was just getting a less frequent poster to expose himself to analysis.  So stop putting words in Robz's eyes.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 15, 2012, 09:43:19 am »

What Shraeye said. Seriously. I didn't find angrybirds particularly suspicious in the first place, but Volt requested that we all vote for someone to get more action going. I found that a reasonable request, and I don't know much about abirds, and I am curious about his info on yuma. I didn't think abirds was particularly suspicious, but I do like to investigate the newbies, that's sort of always been my Day 1 plan for scumhunting. Abirds's response was fine, he's not so scummy, so unvote. Him saying I was suspicious was the behavior I found jumpy--it was jumpy--but that's all.

I don't think Axxle is paying very good attention to what happened. I think it should have been fairly clear that I didn't vote Abirds because I thought he was really scummy (as I laid out no case against him).

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 15, 2012, 10:08:13 am »

I think it should have been fairly clear that I didn't vote Abirds because I thought he was really scummy (as I laid out no case against him).

this is what I found suspicious, i know that voltgloss called for votes, but your selection of me without any evidence and a demand that i somehow prove my townness to you showed that you are merely wasting time and votes prodding people you don't find suspicious. Is there no one else in the town that you find suspicious that you could have used a vote on? when i vote, I provide the context for why, those who don't seem to be hiding something and that makes it suspsicious

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 15, 2012, 10:50:01 am »

Angrybirds, but doing just that has been a scumhunting method used by the town in all the Forum mafia games. Accuse someone at random (you weren't true random, I wanted to select a newbie, as I often do), and see how the respond. I thought you responded just fine. Sorry, but that's the way it works... or has worked (questionably effectively) so far in the mafia games.

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 15, 2012, 11:38:14 am »

Angrybirds, but doing just that has been a scumhunting method used by the town in all the Forum mafia games. Accuse someone at random (you weren't true random, I wanted to select a newbie, as I often do), and see how the respond. I thought you responded just fine. Sorry, but that's the way it works... or has worked (questionably effectively) so far in the mafia games.

I understand that this is how scumhunting works but I don't think you were truly scumhunting. i think you were just doing what volt suggested to stay low, either because you are a town that doesn't want to attract attention or because you are a mafia that doesnt' want to attract attention, i don't know which so I didn't vote for you

accuse me all you want and i am glad to hear that you think i responded fine, it wasn't that you accused me that i found suspicious, it was the way, that is immediately after volt suggested it and with no substance to back it up. even if you select someone at random you can go back and find some quotes and ask them "why did you say that" "what were you trying to accomplish here", but you didn't, you just asked me to prove that i wasn't mafia

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 15, 2012, 11:43:44 am »

Robz's absence from earlier is due to well-documented V/LAness. His hard press on angrybirds, followed by his backing off, does not strike me as scummy at all. It's very typical day one play for anyone, especially for Robz. I don't understand why he's got so many votes.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 64  All

Page created in 1.163 seconds with 20 queries.