Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 166028 times)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (DAY 4! DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 20, 8:00 PM)
« Reply #1525 on: September 15, 2012, 12:44:28 am »

Vote: Voltgloss. I am the ten of swords. I targeted Insomniac N1, and Grujah day two. I thought that because there were so many vigilantes, he was fakeclaiming. I was wrong. :( N3 I targeted Galz. Volt's argument on him was good, and there was really no better target. There can't be two tens of swords. Volt is scum.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: September 15, 2012, 12:44:59 am »

You're the Vig, Morgrim?  Let's find out.

Vote: Morgrim7

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: September 15, 2012, 12:47:07 am »

You're the Vig, Morgrim?  Let's find out.

Vote: Morgrim7
Indeed. Lemme just say, once you lynch me and the scum win (which will probably happen  :(), I told ya.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: September 15, 2012, 12:51:40 am »

THREAD LOCKED.

Your mod is V/LA on weekends, but I will send an email to try to get her here sooner than Monday.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: September 15, 2012, 03:23:38 am »

Vote Count

Morgrim7 (1): Voltgloss

Yep, that's a lynch. What?

Morgrim7 has been lynched. He was the Ten of Swords, Vigilante.

Axxle and Angrybirds get endgamed.

Axxle was the Four of Wands, Lonely Mason
Angrybirds was the Two of Swords, Vanilla Townie

Congratulations to Voltgloss, whose role was Death, the Serial Killer

QTs and roles and night actions to follow.

Thanks for playing! Thread open for comments and criticism now.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)
« Reply #1531 on: September 15, 2012, 03:36:31 am »

Serially KILLED it.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: September 15, 2012, 03:37:40 am »

Voltgloss:
Welcome to Mafia IX, Major Arcana Mafia.

You are Death.

You bring major transformation. The world is tainted, and you are here to cleanse it.

Each night, you may send me the name of a fellow player. That player will die. If you kill someone who belongs to the suit of Wands, you gain an extra, secret vote. PM the mod to use it. It will not show up in any vote counts, and does not change the number needed to lynch.

This power is cumulative; if you kill multiple Wands, you get multiple extra votes.

You win when the world is cleansed and you are the only one left alive.

Confirm in the game thread.

Secret info: if Death dies during the day, all nightkills the following night will fail. If Death dies at night, all deaths (lynch and daykills) will fail the following day.

angrybirds:
Your card is the Two of Swords.

You are an anxious townsperson. You feel the weight of choice upon your back. You are paralyzed by indecision. You keep a lid on your emotions.

Your tendency toward inaction means you have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.

You win with the town.

yuma:

Your card is the Two of Wands.

You are career-minded and enterprising, and it’s off to a good start! You have the whole world ahead of you. You are ambitious and (rightfully) proud. Good luck in your new ventures!

Your focus on business means you have no abilities other than your voice and your vote.

You win with the town.

shraeye:

Your card is the Three of Swords.

You have recently had your heart broken. That sucks. Sometimes you feel as though nobody could possibly understand the depths of your pain. Why don’t you whine about it a little? That might help.

You’re too focused on the shattered shards of your soul to have any abilities other than your voice and your vote.

You win with the town.

Axxle:

Your card is the Four of Wands.

You’ve just finished building a house with your own hands, and you think it’s time for a rest. You belong to the brotherhood of masons; however, you’re the only one in town. It’s kind of lonely; sorry about that.

Without any friends, you have no power other than your voice and your vote.

You win with the town.

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: September 15, 2012, 03:40:58 am »

Eevee:

Your card is the Ace of Swords.

Your keen and inventive mind has just had a breakthrough! Huzzah! If the plans for this device you’ve designed work just right (and you’ve checked them three times), you will be able to use it to fight evil! You’ll be a superhero like you’ve always dreamed! A force of order in the world.

Once this game, you may PM me (at night) the name of one player to fry with your sonic lance. That player will die. If they are a Mafioso or werewolf, so will you. Such is life. Maybe you can get a doctor to tend to your injuries.

You win with the town.

Morgrim7:

Your card is the Ten of Swords.

You’ve come to the end of your rope. You’re ready to bring this town to its irrevocable ending. It’s time to take matters into your own hands and force a decisive change.

Each night, you may PM me the name of one player to stab in the back. That player will die.

You win with the town.

ehunt:

Your card is the Ten of Wands.

You’ve worked hard to get to where you are. You worked hard in school, in college, in med school, and at the hospital. It’s finally paid off; you’ve achieved your dream of setting up a private practice in a small town. Too bad it turned out to be infested with organized crime and werewolves.

You’re a doctor. You may send me the name of another player to protect from night kills every night.

You win with the town.

shark_bait/Grujah:

Your card is the Five of Pentacles.

You’re homeless, down and out. Nobody looks at you, much less knows your name. But somewhere deep inside you, there’s still a kernel of goodness. Kill the bad people before it gets destroyed by the cold.

One night this game, you may send me the name of a player to strangle. That player will die. Nothing can stop this ability from working.

You win with the town.

ftl:

Your card is the Five of Wands.

You’re a local football player. You’re on the same team as Captain_Frisk, not that that tells you anything about their alignment in this game. Boy, does this upcoming rash of lynchings and maulings and hits look like fun! You can’t wait to get in on the action!

During one day this game, you may post “Beat up: <target>” in the game thread. The player you target will die.

You win with the town.

Galzria:

Your card is the Ten of Cups.

Oh man, angrybirds would make a wonderful life partner to start a family with. They’re beautiful, kind, and wholesome. You know they’re protown (yes, this is mod confirmation). Too bad they don’t know you exist.

If they die, you will attempt suicide the following night out of grief. Sorry about that.

You win with the town.

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: September 15, 2012, 03:44:04 am »

O:

You are the High Priestess.

You have keen intuitive awareness. You represent the archetype of the virginal daughter. Of love without sex. Of unrevealed secrets and hidden wisdom.

You are also a werewolf, with Captain_Frisk. Talk here (http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/R4LQX4i4bs4) at night.

Once per day, you may call upon the spirits to answer a question truthfully. Do this by PMing it to the mod. This must be a yes/no question. The question and its truthful answer will be made public to the town. You, however, will remain anonymous.

You win when only werewolves remain alive, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Secret info: whoever kills the High Priestess (including hammer vote) gets a 1-shot usage of her ability the following day

Captain_Frisk/pingpongsam:

Your card is the Knight of Wands.

You’re the local football star. You’re on the same team as ftl, not that that tells you anything about their alignment in this game. Charismatic, optimistic, athletic and sexy, you have a grand old time.

You are also a werewolf, with O. Talk here (http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/R4LQX4i4bs4) at night.

You win when only werewolves remain alive, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Insomniac:

Your card is the Queen of Cups.

You’re a caring woman. Your family is just the greatest thing in the world to you, and you’d do anything for them.

You’re in the mafia, with Robz888 and Sparky5856. Talk here (http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/MKyAzas7pPYDS) at night.

Once a night, you may send me the name of another player to dress their wounds. If they would die that night, instead they don’t die. Neat.

You win when only Mafiosi are left alive, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Robz888:

Your card is the Page of Cups.

New friendship! Attraction! Warmth! Invitation! I’m sick of writing these!

You’re in the mafia, with Insomniac and Sparky5856. Talk here (http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/MKyAzas7pPYDS) at night.

You win when only Mafiosi are left alive, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

sparky5856:

Your card is the Page of Pentacles.

ZOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM EDUCATION IS AWESOME ZOOOOOOOOMMM

YOU’RE IN THE MAFIA WITH Robz5856 AND Insomniac

TALK HERE (http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/MKyAzas7pPYDS) AT NIGHT

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: September 15, 2012, 03:46:21 am »

Haha reading through the role pm's was funny. Well done cayvie.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: September 15, 2012, 03:49:49 am »

Night 1:
Morgrim stabs Insomniac
Voltgloss kills Insomniac
Frisk mauls Robz888
sparky5856 shoots shraeye
Grujah strangles O
Insomniac protects Robz888

Night 2:
Morgrim stabs Grujah
Voltgloss kills yuma, gaining an extra vote.
Frisk mauls Grujah
Robz888 shoots Eevee

Night 3:
Morgrim stabs Galzria
Voltgloss kills ftl, gaining an extra vote.

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: September 15, 2012, 03:54:12 am »

Town MVP: Galzria, for taking a very weak role and using it well.
Scum MVP: Voltgloss. Got 2 wands out of 3 kills!

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: September 15, 2012, 04:00:54 am »

And a big thank you to jotheonah, a most excellent backup mod!

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: September 15, 2012, 04:05:31 am »

Little things:

Death's special ability is tied to whichever suit there are the most cards of.
Morgrim7's Vig flavor might be explained if you do a Google Image Search for Ten of Swords.
We could have had seven deaths night 1. Yikes.

she/her

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: September 15, 2012, 04:50:45 am »

Killed by Death, I suspected that must have been the role causing all the natural deaths.

Well done Volt!

It made me sad to be the only member of my Mason guild.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: September 15, 2012, 05:21:12 am »

Oh, Morgrim, why me?  :'( But I was like... obvtown. I killed a WW and a Mafia! I would still die, though, but you could have done in Frisk. Why not Frisk, Morgrim?

Volt, from QT, whole D3, you stank SO MUCH of SK. I had an iside knowledge that Eevee didn't shoot, sure, but you speculating that his futuristic weapons have done a heart attack, it was just.. too obvious!
I just knew that hearth attack must be Kira, i.e. SK :P

I am happy with my play, and town generally played very good, and my reads were generally good expect ftl. I sheeped ehunt and killed O, and pushed for sparky, I knew Galz was town early D2 and that he had mod-confirmed knowledge about Abirds.

My biggest mistake was not investigating Volt. And once I realized Galz was town, and you were his top "to be investigated" - I considered it heavily. Problem was that I though that Galz is cop and putting too much trust in him publicly seemed dangerous, plus, he could investigate you anyway.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:35:04 am by Grujah »

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: September 15, 2012, 07:53:27 am »

(Hilariously, I stayed up late last night waiting for the inevitable Morgrim post, and then pounced, and then... fell asleep in front of the computer waiting for the results  :P )

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: September 15, 2012, 08:20:29 am »

But you didn't really have to wait, right? You could win anyhow :P

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: September 15, 2012, 08:24:20 am »

But you didn't really have to wait, right? You could win anyhow :P

I actually expected Axxle to be Roleblocker or Jailkeeper, meaning that he would block my kill at night and the following day I'd have to be on right when the day opens to plunk down my secret votes before Axxle and abirds could lynch me.

I would have caused a lynch right at daystart but when I saw two bodies I realized I needed to find the Vig (or "human" SK) today.  Hence the Vig claim to draw the Vig out of the woodwork (or convince the "human" SK to fakeclaim Vig).

I actually expected Morgrim to flip "human" SK.  For reasons of his meta, I'm really glad he didn't.  Morgrim, you played a good game as town!  You should play this way as town more often!!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: September 15, 2012, 08:28:21 am »

Actually, I think Morg was a little trigger-happy, but he did shoot insomniac (even though it was double-kill). My kill was also double-kill so it didn't matter much, but his Galz was less than ideal :/ But it was better than insane Morg  ;D

Were your secret votes permanent or one-shot, Volt?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: September 15, 2012, 08:29:18 am »

Also, what would have happened if Volt died?

Also if O was lynched?

nvm, answered already.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:31:14 am by Grujah »

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: September 15, 2012, 08:45:50 am »

Were your secret votes permanent or one-shot, Volt?

Permanent.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: September 15, 2012, 10:09:07 am »

Ahh, just woke up. So much to catch up on here. Sad it's over, and sad we lost, but well played everybody. This easily ranks in my top 3 games overall. Very, very fun.

Volt reeked of SK for some time, even in the game itself. But SK hunting is rarely ever productive, and the lead on PPS was just stronger. Plus, we couldn't really weight his Major Arcana powers into considerations. Ah well.

Town did awesome, I think. We never had an investigation role, but hit scum at every chance outside our D1 lynch.  Even our one-shot Vig's hit scum both times (and props to Grujah for doing it on night 1, regardless of the circumstances).

Gonna go back and read everything now, but well done all. Cayvie, awesome setup. Well done.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: September 15, 2012, 10:24:37 am »

Ah man!!!

too bad there was nothing we could do here, and i had even found volt out in what i think was a blatant lie! see

I wish I had time to finish my "...reading from the beginning..." posts, but unfortunately real life has conspired against that - so let me summarize recent thoughts as:

- (yuma's gambit) Exactly the kind of thing I tried to do in a recent (not yet finished) game where I was Town.

- (sparky case) Like it not.  yuma's case on Galz makes a lot more sense to me.  Galz citing raw statistics in response (post counts) feels slightly scummy to me - citing raw numbers without taking into account how many posts were RVS or non-substantive?  Misleading. 

yuma and I have had our different views in the past but I approve of his thinking here.

Vote: Galzria

But when I targeted yuma Night 2 (in retrospect of sparky's flip, I thought yuma's pushing sparky's wagon along only to abandon it towards day's-end was scummy) and saw the "heart attack" flavor, I was even more confused.  It was only after rereading Eevee and realizing he would never have targeted yuma that I concluded the serial killer is, in all likelihood, Major Arcana and able to use otherworldly killing abilities.  His flavor trumped mine on Night 2.  I don't know what happened to his kill on Night 1 - maybe Insom doctored it in his last gasps as Mafia Doc.

i remembered that before volt had agreed with yuma's stunt and decided to vote for galz; but then said later that he thought that was scummy and NKed him

i was going to post it last night, but instead decided to wait for morgrim to claim and just twiddled my thumbs instead

but volt! i was onto you! {rage}
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.