Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165760 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (DAY 2! DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 3, 5 PM FORUMS TIME)
« Reply #1350 on: September 03, 2012, 02:35:00 pm »

Vote Count 2.12

Robz888 (2): Captain_Frisk, ftl
sparky5856 (6): Eevee, Grujah, Axxle, Galzria, Morgrim7, Robz888 {L-1}
Galzria (4): yuma, sparky5856, Voltgloss, angrybirds

not voting (0)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is Sept. 3 @ 5 p.m. ~2 hours remain.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (DAY 2! DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 3, 5 PM FORUMS TIME)
« Reply #1351 on: September 03, 2012, 02:35:35 pm »

Phone posting, but Galzria is absolutely right--Sparky's statement reads scum confession to me. Vote: Sparky

Scummish vote, but I'd like sparky lynch waaay more. Except Robz, all those I trust (Morg too!) are on him.

Somebody hammer while we still can.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: September 03, 2012, 02:36:17 pm »

But I feel particularly sour about this death because I feel like it wasn't for good reason. I mean, I would feel totally honorable about dying against legit evidence because that means, hey I lost legit, gg guys. But I don't feel that way here, real life intruded and that set me to my downfall. It's like when I try to go for an IGG rush and I hit less than $5 on turns 1-4 and end up losing. Kinda.

This is the part Galzria and Robz are talking about. Now, they could very well both be scum but it looks like a scum that's giving up (why though, looks like a no-lynch more than anything??) to me too. Weird.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: September 03, 2012, 02:37:09 pm »

Sparky D1 is super-scum, if he doesn't die I blame myself for not pushing too hard.  :'(

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: September 03, 2012, 02:48:26 pm »

Phone posting, but Galzria is absolutely right--Sparky's statement reads scum confession to me. Vote: Sparky

Agreed.  Vote: Sparky.  I realize this is the hammer.  But man, Sparky's last is a scum confession, plain and simple.  There's just no getting around it.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: September 03, 2012, 02:48:37 pm »

Sparky trying too hard to get another wagon going.
It's 3 conf town on sparky. Come on, guys.
This is terrible.  It's too late for a Grujah lynch today, but I'm looking at it tomorrow.

@Robz: ftl's reasons for voting on you might be very bad, but doesn't necessarily make him scum. I'm not exactly sure why others are voting for you.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: September 03, 2012, 02:49:12 pm »

But I feel particularly sour about this death because I feel like it wasn't for good reason. I mean, I would feel totally honorable about dying against legit evidence because that means, hey I lost legit, gg guys. But I don't feel that way here, real life intruded and that set me to my downfall. It's like when I try to go for an IGG rush and I hit less than $5 on turns 1-4 and end up losing. Kinda.

This is the part Galzria and Robz are talking about. Now, they could very well both be scum but it looks like a scum that's giving up (why though, looks like a no-lynch more than anything??) to me too. Weird.

I think it's weird too, but it just can't be ignored. It looks too bad, and we need to lynch someone, and I don't know we should let it slide in case it's exactly what it appears to be.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: September 03, 2012, 02:51:06 pm »

Hammer.

Thread closed.

Bigger text this time >:|
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia
« Reply #1358 on: September 03, 2012, 02:57:49 pm »

sparky5856 had the best role PM in all of role PM history, but they killed him anyway.

sparky5856 has been lynched.
He was the Page of Pentacles, Mafia Goon.

Send in your night actions; Day 3 starts September 4, 3:00 PM Forums Time.

Final Day 2 Vote Count

Robz888 (2): Captain_Frisk, ftl
sparky5856 (7): Eevee, Grujah, Axxle, Galzria, Morgrim7, Robz888, Voltgloss
Galzria (3): yuma, sparky5856, angrybirds

not voting (0)

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (ALL NIGHT ACTIONS RECEIVED, PROCESSING)
« Reply #1359 on: September 04, 2012, 01:08:16 pm »

You lynched Mafia! Surely this game will end soon in a town victory! So you thought, before checking the obits. And by obits, I am referring to the pile of bodies in the middle of town.

Grujah was a homeless dude with an exceptionally strong grip. And now he's been ripped into several chunks.
Grujah has been killed. He was the Five of Pentacles, One-shot Strongman Vigilante.

Eevee had a sweet laboratory full of sweet futuristic weapons, and a body full of sweet bullet holes.
Eevee has been killed. He was the Ace of Swords, One-shot Weak Vigilante.

yuma's body was found in the office where he spent most of his time working. Apparenly he had a heart attack.
yuma has been killed. He was the Two of Wands, Vanilla Townie.

Well! There's 8 of you left alive. Looks like it takes 5 to lynch.

Thread Open
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 01:13:53 pm by cayvie »

she/her

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (DAY 3! DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 14, 2 PM FORUMS TIME)
« Reply #1360 on: September 04, 2012, 02:22:45 pm »

captain frisk is still alive? what does that mean?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (DAY 3! DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 14, 2 PM FORUMS TIME)
« Reply #1361 on: September 04, 2012, 02:30:39 pm »

captain frisk is still alive? what does that mean?

Either that he is a scum, or the scum left him alive so that we would think that. Which is not a terribly helpful answer, but it's the answer.

Incidentally, Sparky's death should be instructive: sometimes the simplest answer is the best answer. Sparky appeared to confess to being scum, we lynched him, and he was indeed scum.

In the flavor text for the deaths, I see evidence of at least 1 more mafia and 1 more werewolf. We've already seen 2 mafia dispatched, am I right in assuming there is only 1 more? It's probably useful to speculate about how many scum we have left. Of the people left alive, Axxle is the only one we can definitively conclude is town, I believe.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: September 04, 2012, 02:31:37 pm »

CF, who did you target?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: September 04, 2012, 02:34:24 pm »

CF, who did you target?

Both Night 1 and Night 2.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: September 04, 2012, 03:37:36 pm »

Grujah looked like WW kill.  Eevee was the mafia kill. One-shot weak vig isn't that bad of a power role to lose, that wasn't so bad. Yuma was the SK kill then, since we know we have an SK.

Pretty bad but at least they weren't too powerful power roles.  Total dead so far is 5 town, 3 scum? We're still doing ok I think?

That's the thing with the multiple scumteams, it sort of self-balances, the scumteams have to either gun for the opposing scumteam or town depending on how they're doing.

Potentially likely remaining numbers: 1 mafia, 1 SK, 2 WW, 4 town. Either a Town or Mafia major arcana in there somewhere. Or maybe the SK is a major arcana.

Best-case scenario for town: we lynch a WW, and then the mafia/sk/ww shoot each other and all die at night and town wins. Worst-case scenario for town: we lynch town, and three town die at night, and there's just three scumteams vying for the win. This is a swingy game...

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: September 04, 2012, 06:41:25 pm »

Ooof, that hurt. Who thinks there might be a vig out there?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 04, 2012, 06:50:42 pm »

Ooof, that hurt. Who thinks there might be a vig out there?

There's the Morgrim we know and love.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 04, 2012, 07:05:40 pm »

waiting for frisk's answer before I speculate what happened.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 04, 2012, 08:54:57 pm »

Phone posting.

I protected axle. I thought that the obv town players would be targets after the disaster that was m6 (remember I was scum there)

I figured Grujah was the obvious target for me - especially since he might have more powers -  so scum might go after one of the cleared townies.   Clearly I picked the wrong wine.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 04, 2012, 08:59:48 pm »

[yuma] had a heart attack.
Does everyone think this was the serial killer?  I'm not so sure. Last night we had a stabbing. I don't really see any poisoning roles though, unless it's some kind of Major Arcana.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 04, 2012, 09:00:49 pm »

Phone posting.

I protected axle. I thought that the obv town players would be targets after the disaster that was m6 (remember I was scum there)

I figured Grujah was the obvious target for me - especially since he might have more powers -  so scum might go after one of the cleared townies.   Clearly I picked the wrong wine.
Who did you target the night before last?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 04, 2012, 09:20:28 pm »

Does everyone think this was the serial killer?  I'm not so sure. Last night we had a stabbing. I don't really see any poisoning roles though, unless it's some kind of Major Arcana.

I'm wondering if this might have been Eevee's kill.  Note the flavor in Eevee's death about him having a laboratory and futuristic weapons.  Perhaps his futuristic weapon was a death-ray-like-thing or biochemical weapon, that could give someone a heart attack - but if that someone was scum, he (Eevee) would have a heart attack too?

I realize Eevee cited yuma as reading town (at least towards the end of Day 2 - I haven't reread in full yet), but maybe sparky's flip and yuma's refusal to get on that wagon led Eevee to change his mind during the night? 

Either way, I think Eevee likely used his nightkill last night (after being modconfirmed as town he could expect to be a prime scum target, so it's reasonable that he wouldn't want to take a town-aligned nightkill to the grave with him).  So whether it's Eevee's kill or the SK's kill, we seem to be missing a kill that should have happened. 

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 04, 2012, 09:22:56 pm »

I'm wondering if this might have been Eevee's kill.  Note the flavor in Eevee's death about him having a laboratory and futuristic weapons.  Perhaps his futuristic weapon was a death-ray-like-thing or biochemical weapon, that could give someone a heart attack - but if that someone was scum, he (Eevee) would have a heart attack too?

I realize Eevee cited yuma as reading town (at least towards the end of Day 2 - I haven't reread in full yet), but maybe sparky's flip and yuma's refusal to get on that wagon led Eevee to change his mind during the night? 

Either way, I think Eevee likely used his nightkill last night (after being modconfirmed as town he could expect to be a prime scum target, so it's reasonable that he wouldn't want to take a town-aligned nightkill to the grave with him).  So whether it's Eevee's kill or the SK's kill, we seem to be missing a kill that should have happened.
Good enough for me.  CF probably saved me last night then... or chose not the target anyone as SK, heh.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 04, 2012, 10:43:09 pm »

Phone posting.

Who did you target the night before last?

Angry birds. I didn't have any strong reads.  Sorry for delay - been enjoying teaching my father about quality beer. He is a colors light drinker.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 05, 2012, 04:36:10 am »

Major arcana SK seems like a plausible role. Maybe investigation immune or x-shot bulletproof or something.

Is axxle the only obvtown left?

Still FoSing Robz

we need a seer to help us find a ww :(

buying C_F's claim, maybe I'm stupid but lol so many docs

what on earth happened to "there's a scum among ftl, C_F, robz" from back when?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 64  All

Page created in 1.808 seconds with 20 queries.