Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 64  All

Author Topic: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (CONGRATULATIONS VOLTGLOSS, aka DEATH)  (Read 165819 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (DAY 2! DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 3, 5 PM FORUMS TIME)
« Reply #1325 on: September 02, 2012, 09:00:32 pm »

FoS: Galzria, Robz, yuma, voltgloss, eevee, grujah, axxle very early day 2 for being on ehunt wagon; crazy that three confirmed townies were on that wagon...

and this looks confusing, I apologize... mostly I was saying that early in the day ftl FOS: this group. I am obviously not FOSing myself, eevee, axxle, etc...

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IX: Major Arcana Mafia (DAY 2! DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 3, 5 PM FORUMS TIME)
« Reply #1326 on: September 02, 2012, 09:18:44 pm »

Just to be clear then, you're voting for me because, less than 24 hours to deadline I switched my vote from someone I'm iffy on to someone else I'm iffy on, since the first has claimed some form of Doc and the second is realistically the only person likely to be lynched at this point? Sorry, but I would rather NOT present the scum with a free night to do their thing - and leaving my vote on Frisk at this time is only going to contribute to a no-lynch.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 02, 2012, 10:22:45 pm »

Vote Count 2.9

Captain_Frisk (2): Morgrim7, sparky5856
Robz888 (3): Captain_Frisk, ftl, angrybirds
sparky5856 (4): Eevee, Grujah, Axxle, Galzria
yuma (1): Voltgloss
ftl (1): Robz888
Galzria (1): yuma

not voting (0):

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is Sept. 3 @ 5 p.m. 17 hours remain.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 02, 2012, 10:59:21 pm »

@#1324

L-2? That was a ballzy experiment  ;D

And Frisk has only two votes. What the heck am I doing? UNVOTE: Captain_Frisk, seems like I play differently under pressure. I'm still all for my "Galz as SK" conspiracy theory. Or, as any scum really at this point. VOTE: Galz, now that he has a potential wagon it makes more sense to vote him.

yuma's move is even ballzier if he is scum. If I was scum I would have just left the vote on me. This clears him up even more.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 02, 2012, 11:03:01 pm »

Hopefully we can settle all this by 1PM EST, that's the latest I'll be on this day. FYI

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 03, 2012, 12:24:15 am »

Just to be clear then, you're voting for me because, less than 24 hours to deadline I switched my vote from someone I'm iffy on to someone else I'm iffy on, since the first has claimed some form of Doc and the second is realistically the only person likely to be lynched at this point? Sorry, but I would rather NOT present the scum with a free night to do their thing - and leaving my vote on Frisk at this time is only going to contribute to a no-lynch.

To be clear, I am voting for you because, as you say, I do not want to leave the mafia with a no-lynch and the other two viable wagons--C-Frisk and sparky--are ones I am not interested in. C-Frisk due to his claim. Sparky because the case against him--and the case I made up--is not sufficient reason for me to vote him. Furthermore because I do not believe his wagon to be a good one it seems to me that you used his wagon and the impending lynch deadline as a convenient excuse to put a vote onto him and melt into the background as day 2 came to an end. I do not buy any argument that there is not enough time to start a new wagon. Because, well I am starting one now. There is still time, certainly more time than others have had in previous games in attempting to start new wagons while other lesser wagons existed. I do wish that I had been able to start a wagon against a sparky voter earlier. But my plan backfired as only confirmed townies joined on--ironic yes--and other votes did not accumulate as fast as I had anticipated, perhaps it wasn't as clever of a trap as I had thought it? And perhaps it wasn't the best plan, but it is something I wanted to try.

I am glad that the person who came into it was a person who was on the ehunt wagon, as that is where my focus of suspicion has been throughout the day.

I am still interested in what the rest of the town thinks.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 03, 2012, 12:41:49 am »

To be clear, I am voting for you because, as you say, I do not want to leave the mafia with a no-lynch and the other two viable wagons--C-Frisk and sparky--are ones I am not interested in. C-Frisk due to his claim. Sparky because the case against him--and the case I made up--is not sufficient reason for me to vote him. Furthermore because I do not believe his wagon to be a good one it seems to me that you used his wagon and the impending lynch deadline as a convenient excuse to put a vote onto him and melt into the background as day 2 came to an end. I do not buy any argument that there is not enough time to start a new wagon. Because, well I am starting one now. There is still time, certainly more time than others have had in previous games in attempting to start new wagons while other lesser wagons existed. I do wish that I had been able to start a wagon against a sparky voter earlier. But my plan backfired as only confirmed townies joined on--ironic yes--and other votes did not accumulate as fast as I had anticipated, perhaps it wasn't as clever of a trap as I had thought it? And perhaps it wasn't the best plan, but it is something I wanted to try.

I am glad that the person who came into it was a person who was on the ehunt wagon, as that is where my focus of suspicion has been throughout the day.

So your basing your scumreads on a nonexistent flip and of the alignment of a player that isn't known? Mmk.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 03, 2012, 12:49:29 am »

By the way, Yuma, before accusing someone of being quiet and lurky, you should check to make sure that they haven't posted almost 50% more than you (91 posts compared to 67).

Mafia Record:

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: September 03, 2012, 01:01:56 am »

So your basing your scumreads on a nonexistent flip and of the alignment of a player that isn't known? Mmk.

Yes my alignment isn't known. That was the whole point of his plan; start a poorly-constructed wagon against possible scum and see who joins. Evidence on me is bogus and contradictory, I've already stated that.

Man this is nothing like the last day. Everyone is snoozing away. It might be too late at this point.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: September 03, 2012, 01:21:50 am »

I don't know what to do. Deadline in less than a day, and I'm the only one on frisk. Ok, Vote: Sparky. I might not be available for a bit. Lets see what happens. P.S., I like yuma's argument about Galz.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: September 03, 2012, 01:48:19 am »

Almost Homage To The Best Card Thread worthy  ;D

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 03, 2012, 02:30:27 am »

Off to bed, I'll be on one final time this day, try to keep me alive until then.  ;) I'm not sure how much progress we'll make these final hours, I was expecting a mad rush of posts like Day 1 >_<

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 03, 2012, 05:35:32 am »

Sparky trying too hard to get another wagon going.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 03, 2012, 10:53:15 am »

Vote Count 2.10

sparky5856 (5): Eevee, Grujah, Axxle, Galzria, Morgrim7 {L-2}
yuma (1): Voltgloss
ftl (1): Robz888
Galzria (1): yuma, sparky5856

not voting (0)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is Sept. 3 @ 5 p.m. 6 hours remain.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 03, 2012, 11:05:31 am »

I wish I had time to finish my "...reading from the beginning..." posts, but unfortunately real life has conspired against that - so let me summarize recent thoughts as:

- (yuma's gambit) Exactly the kind of thing I tried to do in a recent (not yet finished) game where I was Town.

- (sparky case) Like it not.  yuma's case on Galz makes a lot more sense to me.  Galz citing raw statistics in response (post counts) feels slightly scummy to me - citing raw numbers without taking into account how many posts were RVS or non-substantive?  Misleading. 

yuma and I have had our different views in the past but I approve of his thinking here.

Vote: Galzria

(yuma:  you asked what my response was to your points - I apologize but which post #s are you referencing that you wanted me to address?)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 03, 2012, 11:55:51 am »

Vote: Galzria

Like that better than sparky lynch. Sparky is typical eager newbie. More so than angry birds, who I also suspect is town.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 03, 2012, 12:10:54 pm »

Jeez, one of the few games where I don't want to lynch Galz and everybody are jumping him. He struck me sincere, esp. standing up for angrybirds.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 03, 2012, 12:31:06 pm »

Well, I'm in too many games anyway, so feel free to watch the scum derail their own wagons to lynch a town member.

Mafia Record:

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 03, 2012, 12:32:56 pm »

It's 3 conf town on sparky. Come on, guys.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 03, 2012, 12:41:03 pm »

That leaves Captain_Frisk, ftl, and angrybirds not voting either of us. I'm still more likely to go. Maybe I was a bit TOO eager of a newbie lol. That one mistake I made where I yelled at everyone was the perfect opportunity for yuma to form his plan. Funny how one mistake completely nullifies everything.

Sparky trying too hard to get another wagon going.

All that I got going for me at this point. I wasn't confident in Galz cause no one even touched him. Now that there's at least a shred of evidence that someone else has come up with, it increased my confidence.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 03, 2012, 01:03:42 pm »

Probably the last time I'll get to post this day. How likely is it that C_F, angrybirds, and ftl will be able to be here within the next four hours? Idk.

But I feel particularly sour about this death because I feel like it wasn't for good reason. I mean, I would feel totally honorable about dying against legit evidence because that means, hey I lost legit, gg guys. But I don't feel that way here, real life intruded and that set me to my downfall. It's like when I try to go for an IGG rush and I hit less than $5 on turns 1-4 and end up losing. Kinda.

But hey, if I do die, then this game definitely had its fun moments, so thanks all for letting me take a part of it. Idk if I'll join another game due to college looming, I'll see. And if I don't die, then that's great too lol. I'll just see when I come back. Again, I apologize about yelling. I'll try not to let it happen again  :)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 03, 2012, 01:50:30 pm »

Vote Count 2.11

sparky5856 (5): Eevee, Grujah, Axxle, Galzria, Morgrim7 {L-2}
Galzria (4): yuma, sparky5856, Voltgloss, Robz888

not voting (0)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is Sept. 3 @ 5 p.m. 3 hours remain.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

angrybirds

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 03, 2012, 02:07:29 pm »

Trying to bring myself up to date so ill make a list you all seem so fond of
will not vote for eevee, axxle, grujah (duh) me
don't think is mafia: neither the FTl case or the sparky case carry weight.i find it odd that so many confirmed town are on sparky.
Could be: yuma (the only thing here is his case on sparky) volt i need to go back and take a harder look at same fir galz
willing and am voting for: robz, thecaptain and morgrim
hopefully I will bring more to the table later this weekend

as I mentioned before I don't think the sparky case is any good. Let's see if my early day 1 reD turned out to be correct afterall. vote: galz

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 03, 2012, 02:27:39 pm »

The good news is, with 3 confirmed town, it'll be REALLY easy to find scum aboard my wagon.

Sparky absolutely is. Read his last post. He's worried that he was going to get caught and lose for non-legitimate reasons. He even says that he wouldn't have minded if it was because he messed up somehow - but that he felt he didn't really make any real mistakes. That's scum justifying their play, not town (especially because town doesn't lose by having one of it's members lynched, whereas a scum team could potentially at this point).

Yuma... I don't think is scum, but really, really don't hold me to that. It's hard not to OMGUS his terrible lying gambit, but I just can't see why scum would do that. Eh.

Volt - not sure.

Robz - WAY to opportunistic and lurky this game. Probably the best place for an investigation because scum Robz COULD play this way.

ABirds is town.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 03, 2012, 02:32:22 pm »

Phone posting, but Galzria is absolutely right--Sparky's statement reads scum confession to me. Vote: Sparky
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 64  All

Page created in 0.825 seconds with 20 queries.