Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]  All

Author Topic: ZM1: Forum Semi-Blitz Mafia 1 - GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!  (Read 44109 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: ZM1: Forum Semi-Blitz Mafia 1 - GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!
« Reply #425 on: September 13, 2012, 12:36:33 pm »

If theory locks it it is, but we aren't moderators here so we can only 'lock' a thread in essentially asking people not to post, but as I said its not a huge deal people make mistakes and everyone myself included posts through those warning messages when playing mafia, at times you can't post without ignoring them
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 13, 2012, 12:46:32 pm »

There was a time some people explicitly announced they wouldn't post in mafia threads after a lock. It was a good time!

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 13, 2012, 12:49:03 pm »

Thanks for modding this.  I recognize that there can't be a game without a mod.  And I'm so sorry about posting after the thread lock, I was purposefully ignoring all the red "you may want to review your post" messages, as time was of the essence.  The timestamps show I wasn't over by much.

Really wasn't that big of a deal, obviously ideally no one posts after a lock, but I was pretty quick on that lock.
And I learned thread lock isn't literal. I thought that posting in a locked thread was impossible.
I wonder if theory can make us moderators of specific threads.  I know he can make us mods of specific forums, but we have so many moderators it might not make sense.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 13, 2012, 12:51:30 pm »

Realistically those of us that mod games wouldn't use our powers to mod others games, and theory taking the time to make mods for specific threads seems like a lot to ask of theory even if it is doable.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 13, 2012, 01:07:19 pm »

But why DID you guys nightkill me? Did I somehow hint my PR? I wasn't particularly obvtown and I don't exactly have a stellar record when it comes to LyLo.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 13, 2012, 01:09:41 pm »

But why DID you guys nightkill me? Did I somehow hint my PR? I wasn't particularly obvtown and I don't exactly have a stellar record when it comes to LyLo.

I think was between you and SFS. Hitting JK was just luck. I think it came down to Galz being willing and ready to take on the wine as the only player alive that wasn't on the Robz wagon.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 13, 2012, 01:11:25 pm »

I think was between you and SFS. Hitting JK was just luck. I think it came down to Galz being willing and ready to take on the wine as the only player alive that wasn't on the Robz wagon.

I was even a little--ok not really--disappointed that you were JK as I was planning on being the most likely lynch target the next day and was hoping to use my JK breadcrumb to see if I could out the real JK.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 13, 2012, 01:12:28 pm »

There were only two people that didn't vote to kill Robz. You'n'me. 4 on, 2 off. If you're Mafia, whom do you kill: A) If you're both on the wagon? B) If you're split on the wagon.

We were B. I choose obvious A answer. I like wine.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 13, 2012, 01:16:09 pm »

Do you guys know this is the first time I've had a town power role in a normal game? (Only other time was BMMM). I was trying so hard to walk that tightrope of helpfulnesds where you are scummy enough to be left alive at night and helpful enough to avoid a lynch.

I used my JK on my top mafia suspects, and I even jailed yuma the night I died, I think.  I'm beginning to suspect that in the absence of a doctor it would be better to target a victim than a mafia.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 13, 2012, 01:18:19 pm »

Do you guys know this is the first time I've had a town power role in a normal game? (Only other time was BMMM). I was trying so hard to walk that tightrope of helpfulnesds where you are scummy enough to be left alive at night and helpful enough to avoid a lynch.

I used my JK on my top mafia suspects, and I even jailed yuma the night I died, I think.  I'm beginning to suspect that in the absence of a doctor it would be better to target a victim than a mafia.

Jailkeeper is like, my role, man. I'm always the Jailkeeper.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 13, 2012, 01:19:49 pm »

We had that debate in the QT. Was I more obvtown for not voting, or Yuma more obvscum for the hammer? We decided I should make the kill because if the JK tried to 'save' me, a no-kill night would leave me looking townier, since that would be his reason for locking me up. A no-kill night with a jail on Yuma would spell disaster.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 13, 2012, 01:38:10 pm »

I would open ZM2 now, but I kinda wanna play in ZM2 :P

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 13, 2012, 02:36:29 pm »

Back now, obviously too late to defend myself.  Congrats to Galz, really.

I know if Volt had lived, he would have believed me.  For the record, three Mafia games, three times town.  So good data points for future games...really, I am town.

I was out all day and had no Internet access, so I couldn't follow the action.  Galz could have dug a hole for himself if he kept going.  I really was not online during that whole Yuma thing, so I knew that would play against me.  But really, how can I sound townier than actually just being town?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 13, 2012, 02:38:15 pm »

I was out all day and had no Internet access, so I couldn't follow the action.  Galz could have dug a hole for himself if he kept going.  I really was not online during that whole Yuma thing, so I knew that would play against me.  But really, how can I sound townier than actually just being town?
I generally view ruckus-raising as pro-town. It confused me for a bit in MX, but then I remembered how I played my first two games (on a different forum) and reckognized it for what it was - newtown play, and helpful town play (seeing people react is wonderful).

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 13, 2012, 02:39:12 pm »

I would open ZM2 now, but I kinda wanna play in ZM2 :P
I'd mod ZM2, if you're serious. I'd be a first-time mod, but I think a blitz game (with a backup mod) and it should be fine. It might help avoid the mafia lull that appears to be approaching?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 13, 2012, 02:40:14 pm »

I am but it depends if you want to play or not.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 13, 2012, 02:41:38 pm »

I am but it depends if you want to play or not.
I'm totally fine not playing in ZM2. I have XI upcoming that will (hopefully) keep me busy, and BMV is still going. And modding would be fun, to find out what it's like.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 13, 2012, 02:42:21 pm »

You learn alot about how the people in your game play certain roles and its fun to watch.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]  All

Page created in 1.965 seconds with 20 queries.