Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: How Dark Ages affects existing... things  (Read 42862 times)

Geronimoo

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
    • Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator
Re: How Dark Ages affects existing... things
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2012, 08:05:30 am »
+2

Nah, I've played against Donald on the beta and WW on iso. Donald is very chatty and plays quite a bit slower than WW. They're both exceptionally good at this game (I'd guess Donald would be top 10 on iso).

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2012, 08:46:02 am »
+1

Which, hey, is sort of cool, because it means that the set is shaping up to be a lot more tactical than the ones that came before.

Off topic, but, does anyone else get the sense that WW is actually DXV?  Makes sense, right?  Sounds like him, plays the most Dominion, etc.  I mean, that sentence is vintage DXV.

>.<

That would mean you're suggesting that DXV is the most self-obsessed individual on the planet.  This would mean he's the most prolific poster on a forum about his own game.  That he has his own YouTube channel detailing plays of HIS OWN GAME.  That would be pathetic.  I always got the sense that DXV was a lot more relaxed than that.  And besides, we all know that DXV is DougZ (which would still make him self-obsessed, but eh).
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2012, 08:47:27 am »

Bishop got quite a boost here too I think?

I'm kind of interested in Bishop-Rats.

Same.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2012, 11:27:29 am »

Nah, I've played against Donald on the beta and WW on iso. Donald is very chatty and plays quite a bit slower than WW. They're both exceptionally good at this game (I'd guess Donald would be top 10 on iso).
You say this after you beat me two out of three, first by buying a better number of Stewards and then okay the second game was close at least but I couldn't tell you why I didn't buy that last City. I guess I can claim that I'm better at multiplayer since I won the three-player game.

Geronimoo

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
    • Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2012, 07:30:06 pm »

You say this after you beat me two out of three, first by buying a better number of Stewards and then okay the second game was close at least but I couldn't tell you why I didn't buy that last City. I guess I can claim that I'm better at multiplayer since I won the three-player game.
I extrapolated those 3 games to a thousand in my mind and you won 450 of them  ;)

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2012, 09:51:46 pm »
+1

I extrapolated those 3 games to a thousand in my mind and you won 450 of them  ;)

Well, you *did* write a simulator, after all...

John Thacker

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How Dark Ages effects existing... things
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2012, 07:51:50 pm »

Swindler becomes a heck of a lot more swingy. On one hand, it can keep dishing out pain after curses are gone, transforming coppers into ruins.

You want to talk about Swindler being swingy? Am I correct to assume that Swindler is capable of turning hard-won Mercenaries into Curses and Ruins?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: How Dark Ages effects existing... things
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2012, 09:43:10 pm »
+1

Swindler becomes a heck of a lot more swingy. On one hand, it can keep dishing out pain after curses are gone, transforming coppers into ruins.

You want to talk about Swindler being swingy? Am I correct to assume that Swindler is capable of turning hard-won Mercenaries into Curses and Ruins?

And Madmen and Spoils.  And Prizes.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2012, 02:03:47 am »

And most often, it turns Shelters into nothing and actually gives your opponent +1 card if that Overgrown Estate is trashed. But, who am I kidding, Swinder is swingy and even worth playing when Shelters are out.

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2013, 01:02:42 pm »

I find it interesting that Ambassador wasn't really mentioned. There are two interesting things about Ambassador with DA:

1. It can't return Shelters, which don't have a Supply pile. Ambassadoring a Shelter has no effect. This DRAMATICALLY weakens it.
2. It can typically return only one Ruins, and only give one to the player to your left, since the second Ruins will usually be a differently-named card.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.