(1/5) > >>

Grujah:
As this cannot go to rinkwork's contest:
(maybe not even a new idea..?)

Illicit Goods
$3 Action
+2$
----------------------
Setup: Add an additional kingdom card pile costing $5 or more.
You cannot gain cards from that pile unless you have a Illicit Goods card in play.

zahlman:
Gray Market? :) This seems like it'd be worse than Black Market most of the time. You can't manipulate the extra buy phase, and you only have one card to choose from. On the up side, it's fairly guaranteed to be a good one...

ChocophileBenj:
Like Young witch, it really depends of the added card : strong if it is mountebank, weak if it is explorer.

If the added "forbidden" card is an $5 action, and what about gaining the card. Can you remodel a silver into a <forbidden card> or gain it from university ?

And talking about mountebank as the added card (also works with witch and somewhat ill-gotten gains), it leads a bit to the same problem as familliar : you need $3 plus a specific card to buy it (EDIT : when the forbidden card costs $5, so in most of the cases), so the probability of getting it or not is the same, and there are already a graat luck factor on getting $3P on turns 3-4 when familiars...
Otherwise, if it is a good non-cursing card (h.party, festival, goons), I'm afraid it could lead to kinda slow games.

But it's still a better and more interesting idea than this damn black market. The concept is good !!!

Grujah:
Changed to gain.

My idea was this: You need to decide if $5+ is vital enough to justify buying a otherwise crappy terminal. With wharf - is it? Like, you will be drawing it dead and you'll be slow to gain wharves. But if wharf actually has a good support like FV? Well.. Probably.

Maybe add +1 Buy and make it a 4 to be somewhat useful if you get a crap $5+.

Archetype:
Cool idea, I really like it. Reminds me of that "Glided" card idea from a while ago

Its like BM except your choices are much more focused.

It can, like Benji said, be very swingy, depnding on the chosen card, but it isnt as swingy as some other actual cards  so I think you are fine.

To make it so that the chosen card isnt always bad, do what the Glode card did and have the option of playing it as a Gold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version