Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

Clasic_Cards #20 - Wrecking Crew

(1/4) > >>

Rush_Clasic:
Wrecking Crew (4)
Action - Duration Attack
Each other player discards a Duration card from play and cancels its effects. If any player can't, that player discards down to 3 cards in hand.
At the start of your next turn: +$2

* This is another remnant from the Weeping Angel project that never quite made it.
* I spent a long time trying to figure out exactly how best to do this. I'm still not sure about the mechanics I came up with, but here was my mind-set: I want it to kill durations, but I don't want people without durations to get away without punishment. In this manner, I encourage people to purchase durations anyway. I made it a duration itself so it could always ensure some interaction. And finally, I put the attack on one turn and the coins on the other because it seemed like a good way to balance it rather than trying the traditional "get the same thing over two turns" method.
* I also like the flavor that comes with the delayed abilities: destroy something now, grab the spoils after!
* EDIT: Clarified what's actually supposed to happen.

eHalcyon:
This won't kill Durations.  As Duration cards are worded, you get the bonus whether the card is in play or not, e.g. Lighthouse says "at the start of your next turn, +$1", not "at the start of your next turn, +$1 if this is in play."  Leaving the card in play is just the way to remember that you get that bonus.

Edit: at least, I think that's how it would work?  Hmm.

Rush_Clasic:
I'm pretty sure you're right. In that case, the wording would be something like:

Each other player discards a Duration card from play and cancels its effects. If any player can't, that player discards down to 3 cards in hand.

*edits*

RiemannZetaJones:

--- Quote from: eHalcyon on August 04, 2012, 06:14:56 pm ---This won't kill Durations.  As Duration cards are worded, you get the bonus whether the card is in play or not, e.g. Lighthouse says "at the start of your next turn, +$1", not "at the start of your next turn, +$1 if this is in play."  Leaving the card in play is just the way to remember that you get that bonus.

Edit: at least, I think that's how it would work?  Hmm.

--- End quote ---

According to the isotropic coding, this is correct. You can remove an in-play duration card from play by returning it to the deck using Scheme. You still get the benefit of having played the duration card, though.

ChocophileBenj:
Scheme doesn't topdeck duration cards you've played this turn ? They rather go in discard ?

And to the card, I hate the idea of cards that cancels durations effects. Sometimes it might be really frustating : Tactician, of course, but also wharf (which power isn't revealed on the turn you play it !!!) or merchant ship... or even fishing villages if they needed that action (though I keep thinking fishing village is a lot of cheat at this price)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version