Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Reaction  (Read 7709 times)

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
Re: Reaction
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 11:17:32 pm »

How about this: When you buy a card, gain a card via action or treasure, or gain a card on your opponents turn, you may reveal this and set it aside. If you do, you may gain a card costing exactly one more instead. Return this to your hand after you gain a card.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:19:22 pm by Morgrim7 »
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

razorborne

• Bishop
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 12:05:35 am »

How about this: When you buy a card, gain a card via action or treasure, or gain a card on your opponents turn, you may reveal this and set it aside. If you do, you may gain a card costing exactly one more instead. Return this to your hand after you gain a card.
I mean it works, but it's a really clunky wording to avoid the one interaction.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2012, 12:08:25 am »

I mean it works, but it's a really clunky wording to avoid the one interaction.
Hey, it works.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

FishingVillage

• Bishop
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2012, 03:16:48 pm »

So, I 'm assuming with the way that is worded, you don't want this card to work with gaining from reactions, such as this card or Trader? This means it can't stack on itself to gain something worth $2 or more than what was originally gained?

Also, the wording mentions that I may gain a card costing up to exactly $1 more, and the card only returns if I gain something. So if I use this card against a Curse and choose not to gain anything, it doesn't come back. Am I assuming correctly?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:19:57 pm by FishingVillage »

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2012, 06:48:16 pm »

So, I 'm assuming with the way that is worded, you don't want this card to work with gaining from reactions, such as this card or Trader? This means it can't stack on itself to gain something worth $2 or more than what was originally gained?

Also, the wording mentions that I may gain a card costing up to exactly $1 more, and the card only returns if I gain something. So if I use this card against a Curse and choose not to gain anything, it doesn't come back. Am I assuming correctly?
Yes and yes.
How can I word it so that it will aways return to you?

Mad, I tell you.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 1.255 seconds with 22 queries.