Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Ambassador-C-C-C-E  (Read 7662 times)

Jfrisch

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile
Re: Ambassador-C-C-C-E
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2012, 03:58:54 pm »

I'm actually a bit surprised at the comments here. I finally started winning with ambassador when I realized that you need to build a bit of economy while fighting the war. amb/silver does this, and then you are fine to start throwing coppers at your opponent. amb/amb is also fine but then you need to use one of the ambs on estates if they don't conflict. You need some economy by the end of the second reshuffle. You really do.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2012, 04:19:52 pm »
+2

I'm actually a bit surprised at the comments here. I finally started winning with ambassador when I realized that you need to build a bit of economy while fighting the war. amb/silver does this, and then you are fine to start throwing coppers at your opponent. amb/amb is also fine but then you need to use one of the ambs on estates if they don't conflict. You need some economy by the end of the second reshuffle. You really do.

Well, yeah you need economy. But when you return 2 coppers instead of the estate, you're hoping to buy a silver or whatever on turn 4, which is quite likely. I mean, let's say you open amb/amb. And you get ACCCE on turn 3. The only way you don't get a silver on turn 4 is if you draw your other amb with 2 estates. But that's actually pretty good too since you can return 2 estates.

And if you draw ACCCE again on turn 4, return the estate this time and buy silver. Or if you get ACCCC return just 1 copper.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 04:20:58 pm by jonts26 »

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4388
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2012, 04:36:57 pm »
+6

It also really really depends on what your opponent does. If he fights you in an Amb war, it is important to return double copper, to help win the war (plus you're likely to get coppers back later for economy). But if they aren't, the war is won, and it's a little more critical to get that economy rolling (and you can easily dump those coppers later).

Jfrisch

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2012, 09:11:35 pm »

@jonts, sure, but don't return double copper twice in a row. That's sort of the critical point, I didn't realize this for a long time and it really hurt my gameplay as a result.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2012, 09:15:08 pm »

Yeah, bear in mind that while you're "trashing" cards, you're getting cards given right back to you.  Now, the best case scenario (which I just played today), is when your opponent ignores Ambassador.  My opponent ignored Ambassador, but did get a couple Familiars, but I was able to just throw his Curses right back at him.  Then Potions.  By the end, I was throwing extra Silvers at him, as they were getting in the way of my Platinums.  He couldn't do anything, and all because he didn't open Ambassador.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.