Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

Reaction

(1/6) > >>

Morgrim7:
<Cardname>
$3 5
+$2
When you would gain a card, you may reveal this and set it aside. If you do, you may gain a card costing one more instead. After the gained card is placed in the discard pile, return this to your hand.

HiveMindEmulator:
These stack too well since you aren't required to use actions to get the Bridge effect. If it works at all, it would have to cost $5.

dondon151:
In the spirit of Trader, the wording should be "When you would gain a card."

Qvist:

--- Quote from: HiveMindEmulator on August 02, 2012, 04:55:05 am ---These stack too well since you aren't required to use actions to get the Bridge effect. If it works at all, it would have to cost $5.

--- End quote ---

I don't agree. This is almost strictly inferior than Highway. 5 Highways in hand. I play them all and have 5 new cards in hand. All cards cost $5 less.
I have 5 [Card]s in hand. I play none, but all cards cost $5 less. So this is basically "+1 Action While this is in play, cards cost $1 less, but not less than $0." It's missing the +1 Card from Highway. Yes, I can play one of this cards to get +2$, so I can get a Gold with 5 [Card]s, but that doesn't make it better. The only benefit over Highway is that you have a defense against many attacks (trash curses and coppers, get better cards against Swindler/Saboteur). But still I think, this shouldn't cost more than $4.

BTW: I really like the card Morgrim.

PS: What is if I have Royal Seal in play or a Watchtower in hand and put the gained card on top of the deck? The last sentence should be rewritten, but I don't know how to change "After the gained card is placed in the discard pile".

PPS: And it should read: "costing exactly 1$ more than it instead."

PPPS: If there's no card for $7 and I buy a Gold and have 2 [Card]s in hand, I cannot gain a Province, right? This makes it even worse.

FishingVillage:

--- Quote from: Qvist on August 02, 2012, 07:20:13 am ---PS: What is if I have Royal Seal in play or a Watchtower in hand and put the gained card on top of the deck? The last sentence should be rewritten, but I don't know how to change "After the gained card is placed in the discard pile".

--- End quote ---
What if I reveal a Trader to get a Silver instead? The gained card on [this card] is never referencing the Silver from Trader I think, so [this card]… never comes back?

It might be better to just let it come back to hand at the start of the next turn, though this means it can't be used for more than one instance of gaining, which makes it weaker (but is less of a rules nightmare (and gaining something else can be a big deal (and Horse Traders' reaction is one use only but is apparently pretty good at just +1 Card (and I think this is better)))).

But yeah I hope it allows going into a price range with no existing card, even if I won't gain anything. That way I can "gain" $1 cards instead of Curses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version