Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

Gray's Cards #8 - 9

(1/2) > >>

Graystripe77:
Thought I'd post 2 cards at once in hopes of more responses.

<No name>:<Not priced>
Action
Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal 3 cards with the same name, putting them into your hand. Discard the rest.

<I have no clue how powerful this is, I recently came up with it.>

Facade:$4
+1 Card
+1 Action
Place this on top of any supply pile.
---
When you buy this, you may trash it.

Clarification: When this is on top of a pile, this must be bought before any cards underneath.

<Like embargo, another card to mess with opponents without attacking.>

Thoughts?

Tdog:
The no name card seems kind of weak. It will usually find 3 coppers, which makes it worse then smithy if you're average card value is more then 1. But, there is a chance to find silvers which would make it super strong, but that would be rare I think. The problem is its useless to go and find action cards because it's terminal, and the draw isn't consistent enough to put into an engine. The risk of finding victory cards is pretty high, I'd think. Maybe should cost 2? Maybe 3? If you put a +1 action that would rise it to maybe 4 I'd think. What might be interesting is limit it to cards 3+ and add a plus action. That would make it a strong 6 I think. Maybe say if you don't find 3 of the same card, +1 card?
Facade seems strong at 4, since an opponent needs to use 2 buys or 2 turns to get another card. It might be better at 5, but that would have to be play tested to figure out. Defiantly a lot stronger then embargo. I like the idea though.

Rush_Clasic:
I like the general idea of your no name card (which I would name Collector). It might make for an interesting card with good trashers, and in a game utilizing the Coruncopia variety theme that combination could be sweet. The action problem doesn't actually matter unless you have a very linear action-packed strategy.

Tdog:

--- Quote from: Rush_Clasic on August 01, 2012, 09:04:00 pm ---I like the general idea of your no name card (which I would name Collector). It might make for an interesting card with good trashers, and in a game utilizing the Coruncopia variety theme that combination could be sweet. The action problem doesn't actually matter unless you have a very linear action-packed strategy.

--- End quote ---

Wouldn't it go against the cornucopia theme because it makes you buy lots of one card? The only use as written now would be to find coppers/silvers.

Rush_Clasic:

--- Quote from: Tdog on August 01, 2012, 09:13:01 pm ---
--- Quote from: Rush_Clasic on August 01, 2012, 09:04:00 pm ---I like the general idea of your no name card (which I would name Collector). It might make for an interesting card with good trashers, and in a game utilizing the Coruncopia variety theme that combination could be sweet. The action problem doesn't actually matter unless you have a very linear action-packed strategy.

--- End quote ---

Wouldn't it go against the cornucopia theme because it makes you buy lots of one card? The only use as written now would be to find coppers/silvers.

--- End quote ---

If you want to guarantee to not hit actions, it works with the cornucopia theme, making you buy a variety of actions. I suppose if you just spam Silver it doesn't matter, but I was talking for a heavy trashing strategy, where you get down to at least 2 Copper and 2 Estates. But maybe that's unreasonable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version