Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Simple (?) question: minion/moat, or margrave/moat  (Read 1455 times)

engineer

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
[RESOLVED] Simple (?) question: minion/moat, or margrave/moat
« on: August 01, 2012, 04:55:32 pm »

I have a question for you guys.  My opponent plays a minion, and I discard my hand and draw 4 more.  One of those cards is a moat.  I reveal that moat.  What happens?  Do I pick my old hand back up?  Does nothing happen, because I already executed the discard & draw?  Am I even allowed to reveal the moat, since I've already acquiesced to the attack?

If your answer to the above question is "you can reveal the moat and nothing happens," then what about a different case: My opponent plays a margrave.  I draw a card, which happens to be a moat.  I then reveal that moat.  What now?  Do I discard 3 cards since I already started executing the attack text?  Do I put one card back to pretend the attack never happened?  Do I keep my 6th card and thank my opponent for the bonus?

Apologies in advance if this has been answered; I can't seem to find a direct answer to this situation.  This thread (http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=1028.0) is the most pertinent one I could find, but it doesn't quite answer this question, as far as I can tell.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 05:04:21 pm by engineer »

clb

• Tactician
  • Respect: +182
    • View Profile
Re: Simple (?) question: minion/moat, or margrave/moat
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 04:59:00 pm »

The reaction to an attack is played immediately after the attack card is played and before resolution of what is on the attack card, so if your reaction card is not in your hand when the attack is played, then you are unable to reveal it, even if it is subsequently drawn.
However, if you draw a reaction as part of your reaction to the attack (secret chamber), then you are permitted to reveal that reaction.

engineer

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
Re: Simple (?) question: minion/moat, or margrave/moat
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 05:03:57 pm »

Okay, that makes sense.  I also found this thread (http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=476.0) which seems to say the same thing in a lot more words, if somebody is interested in further detail. 
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.