Miscellaneous > General Discussion

The Olympics

(1/7) > >>

Ozle:
You may have seen my posts here and there about the Olympics. I am super excited as I am normally every 4 years (Its this and World Cups and Christmas for me!) but this time its in the UK and its awesome!

I have been to 7 events in the last 5 days, at 6 different venues. And while its been exhausting it has also been great. The crowds in London are excellent, so many different nations, and even the odd athlete all over the place.

Highlight so far, was watching the boxing on Saturday night and had a bet with my friend on the matches (I had the red corner and he had the blue corner) So I was cheering loudly for the Armenian and booing the American in blue on one match. After about 10 seconds I remembered I was actually sitting next to a member of the US olympic boxing squad, a proper redneck style boxer who looked incredibly pissed. Now I have some morals and pride, but I am rather attached to not having my teeth knocked out, so it wasn't long before I was chanting 'U.S.A, U.S.A'!

Anyways, its been fun, I got two weeks off work and its wall to wall sports, some of them minor ones that I never normally get to watch!

If anybody else enjoying them?

Young Nick:
What other events did you see?

Ozle:
So far: badminton, tennis, boxing, archery, rowing, beach volleyball, table tennis.

Morgrim7:
I have seen Soccer, Table Tennis, Fencing, some Field Hockey, some Volleyball.
Want(ed) to see: Fencing, Soccer, Archery, Boxing.

theory:
I freakin' love the Olympics, everything about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version