Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Iso boots players from game after it's over?  (Read 1265 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Iso boots players from game after it's over?
« on: July 31, 2012, 11:24:14 am »

This has happened twice now, which is what makes me thing it's on purpose, though I don't know when it started:

I played a game with someone, and after the game was over, we stayed in the room and chatted about it for a while. After a few minutes, we were booted from the room, back into the lobby. In both cases, we ended up playing another game, and finishing our talk about the previous game before starting the next one (for the most part) but it was pretty awkward. We hadn't talked about playing another game, and there was some luck involved in not getting auto-matched with someone else because of it.

Not a huge deal, and I realize that Iso is going away soon so it probably won't be fixed, but I wonder what the point of that is? Is it because of performance issues?
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

D Bo

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +93
    • View Profile
Re: Iso boots players from game after it's over?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 11:26:29 am »
+2

I think it's just because the server or whatever can only hold so many people playing at once, so if you won a game and just sat there without leaving, you would potentially be preventing someone else from signing on.

cactus

• Apprentice
  • Then: longtime lurker. Now: occasional poster.
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
Re: Iso boots players from game after it's over?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 12:37:59 pm »

I usually play with a friend of mine in the secret chamber. Every now and then I go and play a few games against folks in the great hall.

When I'm playing in the secret chamber after a game finishes I can return directly to the secret chamber.

When I'm playing in the great hall and a game finishes for some reason I can't get back to the great hall and I have to exist Isotropic completely and re-login to get back to the great hall and start a new game....
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.